Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can't read Unit List or high rez desktops

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Vietnam >> Tech Support >> Can't read Unit List or high rez desktops Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can't read Unit List or high rez desktops - 1/19/2022 4:46:55 PM   
Jason Petho

Are you using a super high resolution on your desktop and the game menu's and buttons appear small?

Are you using a high resolution and you can't read the unit list?

You can click on the short cut and adjust the settings to remedy that issue.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Jason Petho -- 1/30/2022 5:59:17 AM >

Post #: 1
RE: 4k Monitors - high resolution desktops - 1/22/2022 10:30:21 AM   
Genosse

Hello, I am very enthusiastic about the release, Congratulations!

I am currently trying the game on a Surface Pro 4 with a native resolution of 2736 x 1824, so the default game display looks very crisp, though both the menus/buttons as well as the unit/terrain graphics appear very small. I played around with the various permutations in the DPI menu suggested above, and they either keep the crisp but tiny look, or they successfully zoom everything in, but now the game looks abnormally muddy. Is there a way I can force the game to try different resolutions on launch and see if I can get to a good middle ground that way?

Sorry, I am not a great PC user, but most of my games with this problem are fixed by the DPI scaling, and I don't recall this resolution problem with CSME which I also own through Matrix.

Thank You for helping me!

< Message edited by Genosse -- 1/22/2022 10:33:29 AM >

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 2
RE: 4k Monitors - high resolution desktops - 1/22/2022 11:05:00 AM   
Crossroads

Hi @Genosse, and thank you for your support!

No, there's no way to set a certain resolution per how the game window per se opens up. Instead, it is down to Desktop scaling and DPI settings. Which, of course affects all other apps too, your desktop, everything.

I hear you, I am not trying to punt the ball (well, ...), but it is unfortunate what you are asking is not available in Windows itself. Desktop scaling for instance has been around for a few years now, it generally works very well, but is a very blunt weapon. All or nothing. It would be sweet indeed to be able to set the app specific resolution in the Property settings above, too.

4K monitors are mainstream, 8K is just around the corner too, it seems. So why we diligently update our dev environment to latest Microsoft Visual Studio has and offers, it is indeed too bad it is on us (and all other developers out there too) to try to figure out ways to do these things inside the apps.

Sorry for rambling, what you are saying is duly noted.

(in reply to Genosse)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Vietnam >> Tech Support >> Can't read Unit List or high rez desktops Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI