Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Refunds?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Vietnam >> Refunds? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Refunds? - 1/21/2022 12:03:00 AM   
TokyoDan

From what I've seen the graphics look terrible and the icons way too small. But the only way to really tell is to run the game on my 260x1440 monitor. Is there a demo? If not can I buy the game to try it and if it really doesn't look good, is it possible to get a refund?
Post #: 1
RE: Refunds? - 1/21/2022 1:19:38 AM   
VPaulus

We usually do not do refunds. A copy of the refund/return policy can be found below:
https://www.matrixgames.com/shop-policy

(in reply to TokyoDan)
Post #: 2
RE: Refunds? - 1/21/2022 5:04:04 AM   
Crossroads

@TokyoDan, here's a screenshot of Bootcamp #3 using a 2560*1440 resolution. Many screenshots I've seen here are with Options > Toolbar > Normal, so I changed that to Options > Toolbar > Large for this screenshot.

Note I had to bring jpeg depth to 80% to be compliant with the max file size limit on this forum, so the picture quality deteriorated a bit. I hope this helps with determining how the game would appear on your rig, though.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 3
RE: Refunds? - 1/21/2022 6:28:54 AM   
fritzfarlig

what kind of wargames do you play and like normally ?

(in reply to TokyoDan)
Post #: 4
RE: Refunds? - 1/21/2022 7:19:35 AM   
TokyoDan

Mostly Beer & pretzels games with modern UIs that have been designed to run on monitors upwards of 1080p.

For example, the screenshot of Campaign Series: Vietnam that @Crossroads sent me is almost OK at 2560x1440. But the vertical bar down the left side with the three circular unit info icons. The text on those circular icons is way too small. It's so small that for me this game is unplayable.

@Crossroads. Thanks for the help.

(in reply to fritzfarlig)
Post #: 5
RE: Refunds? - 1/21/2022 7:24:05 AM   
Crossroads

quote:

ORIGINAL: TokyoDan

For example, the screenshot of Campaign Series: Vietnam that @Crossroads sent me is almost OK at 2560x1440. But the vertical bar down the left side with the three circular unit info icons. The text on those circular icons is way too small. It's so small that for me this game is unplayable.

@Crossroads. Thanks for the help.

Certainly, @TokyoDan. Font size in Unit List sidebar would be something Desktop Scaling fixes, that of course then zooms everything up a bit.

(in reply to TokyoDan)
Post #: 6
RE: Refunds? - 1/21/2022 8:12:25 AM   
wodin

I agree the zoomed out levels on a 24inch screen are unplayable BUT we have two if not three zoom in levels that are. As for the UI I disagree it's to small to be playable.

Now for the 3D. The engine is OLD and all those old games that use it from Tillers studio use the same and it's no where near upto todays standard, however I imagine few who enjoy these games play in 3D anyway, I certainly don't here or say in a Squad Battles games that uses it. SO if your after fancy 3D graphics I'd stay away, not sure how you missed this in the pre release screenshots. If it's pure gameplay that recreates the Vietnam War very well indeed this is a winner.

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 7
RE: Refunds? - 1/21/2022 10:30:50 AM   
TokyoDan

@wodin It's not the map. The map can be zoomed and that is fine. It is that sidebar with the very small text that can't be zoomed (If I am not mistaken). And I don't need 3D models. I am fine with 2D sprites as long as they are done well and contrast with the background so that they are easy to distinguish. I like Panzer Corps and Order of Battle WWII

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Vietnam >> Refunds? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI