Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Best scenario for large-scale US/Japan vs China?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Best scenario for large-scale US/Japan vs China? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Best scenario for large-scale US/Japan vs China? - 1/16/2022 4:45:48 PM   
maverick3320

Looking for recommendations on larger scale scenarios (theater level if possible) for a conflict between the US/Japan and China. Ideally the scenario would involve many of the regional powers (India, Japan, DPRK, ROK, Australia, even UK) but I realize that the scope there could quickly get out of hand.

Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Best scenario for large-scale US/Japan vs China? - 1/16/2022 9:50:05 PM   
BeirutDude

quote:

but I realize that the scope there could quickly get out of hand.

As you so aptly stated. There is one that is just huge but I can't remember the name. It goes from near NK to the IO. To be honest I think I deleted it and I just looked for the zip and couldn't find it. Someone did post to it on the boards though, because that is where I got it from.

Fiery Cross Reef has some Australian Units based out of the Philippines (I designed that one).

The Chains of War DCL has a lot you might be interested in but really there are plenty of PRC vs. the West scenarios in the Community Pack.

< Message edited by BeirutDude -- 1/16/2022 9:53:02 PM >

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!

(in reply to maverick3320)
Post #: 2
RE: Best scenario for large-scale US/Japan vs China? - 1/20/2022 6:03:58 PM   
alghblag

Red Dragon Descends is the scenario you're looking for. It's so large that it won't run on many computers, including mine, much to my dismay.

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 3
RE: Best scenario for large-scale US/Japan vs China? - 1/21/2022 11:15:21 PM   
BeirutDude

alghlag, That's it! Thank you!!!!!!

maverick3320: Here you go it's attached. Good luck and God have mercy on your soul if you play this one!

Actually if you do please do an AAR because I'd love to see how someone does with this one!

Attachment (1)

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!

(in reply to maverick3320)
Post #: 4
RE: Best scenario for large-scale US/Japan vs China? - 1/22/2022 12:14:37 AM   
AndrewJ

What DB was that one written for? It must be an old one, since my current Command installs don't seem to have it, and therefore won't open it.

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 5
RE: Best scenario for large-scale US/Japan vs China? - 1/22/2022 12:29:30 AM   
gabravo2005

quote:

ORIGINAL: AndrewJ

What DB was that one written for? It must be an old one, since my current Command installs don't seem to have it, and therefore won't open it.

I want to say 489 for the most up to date version of the scenario. I had no problem starting it up.... Playing it on the other hand? That's a different story. I left it running while I did some things around the house. 30 mins later only 8 mins had gone by in the scenario. I have an i9 10900K OC'd to 5GhZ, 32GB of RAM with an RTX 2080 TI Kingpin Edition. All water cooled. You can find the latest version on the steam workshop.

< Message edited by gabravo2005 -- 1/22/2022 12:30:07 AM >

(in reply to AndrewJ)
Post #: 6
RE: Best scenario for large-scale US/Japan vs China? - 1/22/2022 3:26:00 PM   
BeirutDude

Not sure what the database is, but I can open it and I don't know the first frigging thing about "Steam!"

Playing it? HELL NO!!!!!!!!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to AndrewJ)
Post #: 7
RE: Best scenario for large-scale US/Japan vs China? - 1/22/2022 9:30:35 PM   
KnightHawk75

quote:

ORIGINAL: AndrewJ

The file that was attached above for Red Dragon Decends, 2017 attempted to find DB3000 Database Build 445 (1980-2015+); DB3K_445.db3 (it was missing in my folders as well, I think 456 or so is as far back as CMO distributes in the various CMO installers);

You can find 445 in the old CMANO db folder if you have the older version of the game still. If you don't I can probably pm link you to a zip of 445 if you want, I think giving missing files like that are ok. no? Could try to rebuild it from 445 to 491 or 492 but that's a lot of changes and best done by someone that knows the scene well. That said it does load once 445 is in the folder without any errors during load or the first few minutes in for me in .38|.39.

I'd try snagging a 'newer' version that someone said my be on steam workshop as someone mentioned, the improvements that may have been added by even the late 47x timeframe are probably significant.

edit: fwiw scratch the zero errors, few minutes later I did take on of these in the log, non repeating after playing another few minutes after. Could be there are limits to just how backward compatible everything is without rebuilding.
[code]
-- B1147.38 -- Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: source
Exception: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: source
Stack Trace: at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.ForEach[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Action`1 body)
at Command_Core.ActiveUnit_AirOps.()
Call Stack & Error details:
Error at 100077,
[code]

< Message edited by KnightHawk75 -- 1/22/2022 9:59:53 PM >

(in reply to AndrewJ)
Post #: 8
RE: Best scenario for large-scale US/Japan vs China? - 1/22/2022 10:58:07 PM   
stilesw

Hi Andrew,

I have a copy of DB3K_445 (41+ Mb) but it is still 9.983Mb when it is zipped. That is too big to upload to the forum either public or as a PM.

If you are a member of the Matrix Forum's Dropbox Reference Library I can upload it there. Let me know if you want to try that.

-Wayne

“There is no limit to what a man can do so long as he does not care a straw who gets the credit for it.”

Charles Edward Montague, English novelist and essayist
~Disenchantment, ch. 15 (1922)

(in reply to AndrewJ)
Post #: 9
RE: Best scenario for large-scale US/Japan vs China? - 1/23/2022 4:17:08 AM   
AndrewJ

quote:

ORIGINAL: stilesw
If you are a member of the Matrix Forum's Dropbox Reference Library I can upload it there. Let me know if you want to try that.

That would be great, thank you.

I went in and cleaned out a lot of old stuff on my computer a few months back, and CMANO and all the associated update packs and old DBs was one of the things that went. It's always the way...

Thanks for looking this up for me, gents.

(in reply to stilesw)
Post #: 10
RE: Best scenario for large-scale US/Japan vs China? - 1/23/2022 7:04:56 AM   
morphin

I have updated Red Dragon Descends to dbv492 and modified a few things for personal use... I have an AMD Ryzen 3900X 12 Core CPU but i must say that it is hardly playable

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by morphin -- 1/23/2022 7:05:23 AM >

(in reply to AndrewJ)
Post #: 11
RE: Best scenario for large-scale US/Japan vs China? - 1/23/2022 2:28:19 PM   
stilesw

Andrew,

I just created a folder named DB3K in the Dropbox library and gave you access to it.
You should be able to download the DB3K_445.zip file.

Let me know if this works for you.

-Wayne

< Message edited by stilesw -- 1/23/2022 3:46:10 PM >

“There is no limit to what a man can do so long as he does not care a straw who gets the credit for it.”

Charles Edward Montague, English novelist and essayist
~Disenchantment, ch. 15 (1922)

(in reply to AndrewJ)
Post #: 12
RE: Best scenario for large-scale US/Japan vs China? - 1/23/2022 3:20:27 PM   
AndrewJ

That worked, thank you.

Mega-sized scenario, very ambitious! Unfortunately, as others have mentioned, it runs too slowly to be a practical game. It runs about four times slower than real time even before new aircraft and munitions get involved.
Post #: 13
RE: Best scenario for large-scale US/Japan vs China? - 1/23/2022 7:22:46 PM   
BeirutDude

Fun to look at, and I thought I built large scenarios!!!!!

(in reply to AndrewJ)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Best scenario for large-scale US/Japan vs China? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI