Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Victory Points Log

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Vietnam >> Features Suggestions >> Victory Points Log Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Victory Points Log - 1/23/2022 5:35:13 PM   
zentr

Maybe I haven't found it yet, but it would be nice to view a running log of victory and event points gained or lost during a scenario.

For example, during Bootcamp 1 I accidentally shot civilians. I know that points would be taken away and a message told me as much, but I have no idea the specific amount of points.

I can look at the total points on the Victory screen but it's hard to know/learn from what I did right or wrong during the scenario. I would like to know that on turn 9 I shot at civilians and lost some number of event points. On turn 4 I shot and killed a certain unit and gained some number of victory points. On turn 5 I gained 5 more victory points for holding a certain hex.
Post #: 1
RE: Victory Points Log - 2/9/2022 7:01:31 PM   
Major SNAFU_M

I will second this as a great idea.

For instance, I just completed another go at Bootcamp 2 where I was expecting at least a minor victory as I eliminated most of the OPFOR, I completed all orders (at least all of the ones that appear in the instructions boxes), recovered all of the original hexes (except the on in the village north of the runway) and yet I ended with 74 points, major defeat and no real understanding of why.

I also had trenches in 2/3 firebase hexes. The game had reported that the third hex had been converted, and that I have made this achievement for the entire firebase, but the graphic in the hex never changed - so not really certain what the game recorded as achieved in this respect.

A running log (even outside of the game in a text file) of what was gained/lost and why would be very helpful.

Regards,

SNAFU

"Popular Opinion? What I suggest you do with 'Popular Opinion' is biologically impossible and morally questionable." -

"One ping to find them all,
One ping to link them;
One ping to promote them all,
and in the darkness sink them"

(in reply to zentr)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Vietnam >> Features Suggestions >> Victory Points Log Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI