Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Final Update for a while

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: Final Update for a while Page: <<   < prev  7 8 9 10 [11]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Final Update for a while - 12/20/2021 1:47:46 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yaab

Actually, for some bases in the Burma-India region the problem of 1000 supply cap has existed since 2009!

Burma:

Kalemyo
Warazup
Katha
Bhamo
Ramree Island

India:

Rangpur
Silchar
Tezpur

Those bases start with airfield 0, forts 0, but somehow have 1000 supply caps. Mind you, only Mandalay at start has a 1050 supply cap owing to its arfield 2, forts 1. It seems those bases need to have their supply caps downgraded both in scen001 and scen007 to 100-150 supply caps.

EDIT: Added Bhamo and Ramree Island.

Andy, it is working!

Here is an amended DBB-C scen028v15. I added forts 1 to Ramree Island in the Editor. This changed Ramree Island's supply cap from 1000 to 100 on map. I amended all eight bases that start with augmented supply caps. Now all eight are in 400-100 range.

Interesting so this is a stock game issue as well? Might want to put that in the Beta fix thread?

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 301
RE: Final Update for a while - 12/20/2021 1:50:07 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: OnWargaming

Any issue to update an ongoing game?

Wondering this as well? Should we update?

(in reply to OnWargaming)
Post #: 302
RE: Final Update for a while - 12/20/2021 6:30:22 AM   
Yaab

I think AndyMac will patch the stock scenarios, and the patched scenarios will be used in the new beta patch.

Just to continue on the topic.

I added airfield 1 to Ramree Island with forts 1 to see if further supply calculations will revert to 1000 supply cap or not. Fortunately, the code follows the reduced cap formula.

Here is Ramree Island (airfield 1, forts 1) with supply cap of 200.

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 303
RE: Final Update for a while - 12/20/2021 6:40:05 AM   
Yaab

Bear in mind, the same problem applies to Fenton in Northern Australia. I added Fenton to my list of bases with wrong supply caps (see post 300).

BTW, one can argue this is not a big problem, because once you develop either forts or airfield to 1 in those bases, the supply cap gets reduced. However, this can lead to gamey play, when Allied players does not build those bases at all and uses their bugged 1000 supply cap for the whole game.

Also, to be on the safe side, it would be better to add airfields 1 to those bases. Forts can be reduced to 0, which probably means that the code will then revert to 1000 supply cap again(needs testing). Arfields cannot be reduced to 0, only damaged 100%.

< Message edited by Yaab -- 12/20/2021 6:52:45 AM >

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 304
RE: Final Update for a while - 1/13/2022 12:57:27 PM   
morphin

Hm. There will be updated allied ironman scenario? (for allied AI). Or which is best now against allied AI? My Info seems not current :-)
Thank's
Andy

Ok i have seen in another tread that scen 16 or 17 will be the scenario i'm looking for. Looking forward for these 2 :-)

< Message edited by morphin -- 1/15/2022 12:42:59 PM >

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 305
RE: Final Update for a while - 1/26/2022 2:47:57 AM   
RangerJoe

Playing Scenario 101 in an attempt to get a handle on the Japanese side. Those MLs that carry mines, they can switch between MTBs and MGBs, would be nice vessels to run in fast and lay a few mines but they are not allowed to form a minelaying TF . . .

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 306
RE: Final Update for a while - 2/1/2022 10:30:28 AM   
JanSako

Hi Andy!

Playing Scen 10 (against JAP AI). I understand that in order not to break the AI I should restrain myself from defending too hard places that it is 'supposed to' take. Is there a list of hard-coded targets or some such available so I know where to 'bend over'?

In a 'normal' game I would know but these madmen landed on Kodiak & Coal Harbor (Canada) on turn one! (& Midway & Johnston island) .

Where should I draw the line in the sand?

Thanks for all your efforts sir!

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 307
RE: Final Update for a while - 2/10/2022 9:25:48 PM   
NiclasCage

Should I delete those aei-xxx files for whatever scenario I download? I downloaded scenario 8 now. Took backup of aei008-01 through 12, but I'd hate to do something wrong and then have to start over in a couple of days.

(in reply to JanSako)
Post #: 308
RE: Final Update for a while - 2/10/2022 9:48:18 PM   
Nomad

Here is a list from AndyMac
Time and time this question is asked. It really is pointless. It is not the specific script, not the particular scenario which matters. Any scenario/script (yes even Nast Nasty Tier 3) will cease to be competitive if the Allied human player focuses on stopping at all cost computer Japan from capturing in 1942 these bases:

1. Singapore
2. Manila
3. Clark Field
4. Bataan
5. Palembang
6. Batavia
7. Soerbaja
8. Rangoon
9. Mandalay
10.Rabaul

These bases are absolutely essential for any computer script.

Not quite essential but still of great assistance in maintaining a competitive AI player is for these bases to also be captured by the computer.

11. Port Blair
12. Port Moresby
13. Tarawa
14. Shortlands
16. Lunga
17. Akyab

All these bases (with the exception of Port Moresby) were historically captured by Japan, and it wasn't enough to make Japan really competitive in the war. Why do human Allied players believe that denying the computer these bases will allow the AI to remain competitive when the real life Japan with these bases wasn't competitive.

(in reply to NiclasCage)
Post #: 309
RE: Final Update for a while - 2/11/2022 9:59:30 AM   
JanSako

I think you misunderstood the question, but thanks for the list!

I was asking what should I let them have BEYOND the historical expansion.

BTW, in my game they just captured Tahiti(!), but I 'accidentally' turned back an invasion of Nadi cause I used it as a collection point for surface vessels & the invasion fleet turned around when they met a couple of CA's... Now did I just bork up the 'AI' by not letting it capture something it really wanted or not?

This is why I asked if there is a special 'nasty nasty' list. My apologies if I am just not understanding the role of the scripts!

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 310
RE: Final Update for a while - 2/11/2022 11:23:06 AM   
btd64

If you're playing a T3 nasty scenario forget the list. The Japanese AI will take what it wants....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to JanSako)
Post #: 311
RE: Final Update for a while - 2/11/2022 12:13:59 PM   
traskott

And that includes some bases usually FAR FAR away from Tokio....

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 312
RE: Final Update for a while - 2/14/2022 7:02:17 PM   
Moltrey

Andy:

I intend on waiting until Matrix does their final update work to start the Allied AI Campaign, specifically your Scenario 7 as I like the changes, etc.

My question is regarding the AI. If I read your lead posts in this thread, there is only one version of the AI at this time. Is this something you plan on adding additional AI choices for the Japanese to pick?
Thanks, know you are busy with RL.

(in reply to traskott)
Post #: 313
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 9 10 [11]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: Final Update for a while Page: <<   < prev  7 8 9 10 [11]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI