Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

No vehicles when comming out of TB reserve??

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Tech Support >> No vehicles when comming out of TB reserve?? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
No vehicles when comming out of TB reserve?? - 1/26/2022 8:36:25 AM   
herbertsaupe

Hi
date is 1943 middle april. Playing with axis. difficult 100.

I realized a strange thing with my divisions comming ot of the TB reserves.
In winter 1942 i transferred many of my mobile divisions, nearly all, to axis reserves, to prevent winter atrition and to get them back to max strength. All was good until i realized, that when i transfer them back, like 5-6 divisions/week, most of them where stripped of their trucks/support vehicles. Result is, they only have something like 5 to 15 movement points and are total uselss. I shipped them to the front and they only get their trucks back, if i set them to refit on a depot. Is this working as intended? When yes, why???

I mean, i am preparring the next offense and having problems to bring enough supply to my divisions. And now my pz divisions are eating all the supply, to get their trucks back? WTF!

Anybody else has seen this? Probably my game is broken?

Post #: 1
RE: No vehicles when comming out of TB reserve?? - 1/26/2022 8:38:43 AM   
Jango32

Working as intended. Your only way of giving them trucks is setting them on refit mode on top of an NSS for a few turns.

(in reply to herbertsaupe)
Post #: 2
RE: No vehicles when comming out of TB reserve?? - 1/26/2022 8:49:39 AM   
Fraggo5

Yep, that's the downside of sending units to the reserve and pulling them out en mass, from the rulebook:-
27.1.2. Allocation of trucks to Reinforcements
In the Campaign games (only) reinforcements will draw their truck allocation from the vehicle pool. If there are insufficient trucks in the pool, they will enter with as many as were available and will need to be reinforced using the normal rules.
Given this, it might be useful to allocate new units that will require a lot of trucks to appear in an NSS. If they arrive at some distance, they may not be able to gain sufficient trucks to acquire full mobility.

(in reply to Jango32)
Post #: 3
RE: No vehicles when comming out of TB reserve?? - 1/26/2022 8:56:44 AM   
Stamb

When you hover over depots then almost all of the trucks will be sitting in the depots that are close to a front. When I checked last time NSS had less than 100 trucks.
In my game vs AI I saw that I am getting trucks while units are in reserve. Maybe something is different now.

< Message edited by Stamb -- 1/26/2022 8:57:10 AM >

(in reply to Fraggo5)
Post #: 4
RE: No vehicles when comming out of TB reserve?? - 1/26/2022 10:40:06 AM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: herbertsaupe

Hi
date is 1943 middle april. Playing with axis. difficult 100.

I realized a strange thing with my divisions comming ot of the TB reserves.
In winter 1942 i transferred many of my mobile divisions, nearly all, to axis reserves, to prevent winter atrition and to get them back to max strength. All was good until i realized, that when i transfer them back, like 5-6 divisions/week, most of them where stripped of their trucks/support vehicles. Result is, they only have something like 5 to 15 movement points and are total uselss. I shipped them to the front and they only get their trucks back, if i set them to refit on a depot. Is this working as intended? When yes, why???

I mean, i am preparring the next offense and having problems to bring enough supply to my divisions. And now my pz divisions are eating all the supply, to get their trucks back? WTF!

Anybody else has seen this? Probably my game is broken?

yes its WAD, you basically re-allocated their trucks either to other formations or the wider supply network

in general be careful re the reserve and formations that need a lot of trucks, there is definitely no need to send decent strength Pzr divisions there in the winter 42-43.

I send some, mainly as its an efficient way to clear out any 1941 junk still in their TOE and get the 1943 tank models assigned. Bring them back 1 or 2 a turn, at different NSS, mine usually appear with around 40 MP, if not then a turn or two sorts it out

If the NSS needs trucks, it will pull them back from other sources, dumping a Pzr division on say Vienna is a pretty big hint to the logistics system to adjust to this.

Post #: 5
RE: No vehicles when comming out of TB reserve?? - 1/26/2022 7:28:36 PM   
herbertsaupe

thx for the fast replies.

Ok., so its just wad. But i dont like this rule. Would be better to have a button, that let us strip of the vehicles or not. Like making infanterie divisions static or not.

I tested some rounds with my many divisions out of vehicles. And there is simply nothing that helps me to understand, which division will get the vehicles. Tested on refit modus, sitting on the three NSS, some sitting on super depots. Nearly nothing is happening. Even if i attach them to HQ´s with priority 4.
Thats like, "here are the best divisions, that could stop the russian offense, but they cant move, because some infanterie divisions somewhere, will get all the supply and vehicles. So the counteroffense has to wait." LOL. Exaggerating much, but sometimes the supply system feels like this.

Loki....you say winter 42-43 doesnt hurt much? First i had my pz. divisions sitting in cities/urban or fort 2. But the blizzard seemed to hurt them much, like 41-42. Toe went from 80 to 60 in 2 or 3 weeks, if i remember right.
So what are you guys doing exactly, if not sending them back to TB reserves?

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 6
RE: No vehicles when comming out of TB reserve?? - 1/26/2022 7:34:05 PM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: herbertsaupe

Loki....you say winter 42-43 doesnt hurt much? First i had my pz. divisions sitting in cities/urban or fort 2. But the blizzard seemed to hurt them much, like 41-42. Toe went from 80 to 60 in 2 or 3 weeks, if i remember right.
So what are you guys doing exactly, if not sending them back to TB reserves?

the only way anything like that can be happening is if your logistics system is fallen apart

I've an MP game into Sept 43 and by Nov 42 I had pretty much every rail hex I controlled repaired and an army awash in supply (as the Axis) - see the AAR vs SpeedySteve.

The reason I sent some to the reserve was to clear out the pre-invasion junk, since tanks that are replaced in turn demand extra freight etc its often easy to get a unit to update (if it has a lot of older stuff) in the reserve rather than on map

Post #: 7
RE: No vehicles when comming out of TB reserve?? - 1/26/2022 8:22:37 PM   
herbertsaupe

Hey Loki,

ive checked my save games. I was too fast with my response.
Checked the stats of my remaining mobile divisions in blizzard 42-43 over 5 turns. If they stood still and sit on a fort or city, the losses were minimal. My fault...so sending back to TB reserves i will not in future, only like you said. To get rid of the ****, but only some ****. LOL

I didnt read much AAR s, but will do more in the future.

Little hint for you, if you didnt discovered it until now. To get the Airforce to work, that they simply attck the bombers with your fighters as axis, dont rely on autointercept, as it happens too few times. Just turn groundsupport on everytime, and set your bombers to rest.Then you will not get the high flak losses and the enemy airforce will get intercepted nearly every time.
You can switch rest off, if you need them for a big attack...

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Tech Support >> No vehicles when comming out of TB reserve?? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI