Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Replacements

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive >> Replacements Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Replacements - 1/23/2022 7:56:08 PM   
pmarvin

In the Unit tab I think I see values for existing elements, replacements for those elements requested, and something called "In". In my beginning Arracourt scenario, I use cards to request additional replacements, apparently going to major HQs. But even when I put individual units on "priority" to receive replacements, I don't seem to get them.

Can someone explain how "requests" are supposed to work, how I can send a greater share to units needing them more, and why I rarely see any in the "in" column at the beginning of turns? Thank you.

P Marvin
Post #: 1
RE: Replacements - 1/23/2022 8:34:23 PM   
Goodenough

I'm also not sure what happens with replacements.

I'm on turn 64 of the main scenario and it doesn't look as though replacements are getting through.

Is there an easy way of viewing replacements?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to pmarvin)
Post #: 2
RE: Replacements - 1/26/2022 1:01:57 PM   
Lobben

I have the same issue. I play the replacement card every turn on the Arracourt scenario, and when I toggle through my units looking at 'Req' vs 'In' the latter is always 0. I have not verified if this is a problem in all scenarios. I hope the main scenarios work in this regard..

(in reply to Goodenough)
Post #: 3
RE: Replacements - 1/26/2022 1:10:31 PM   
Lobben

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lobben

I have the same issue. I play the replacement card every turn on the Arracourt scenario, and when I toggle through my units looking at 'Req' vs 'In' the latter is always 0. I have not verified if this is a problem in all scenarios. I hope the main scenarios work in this regard..

Nevermind, I actually found some units that have values in 'In'. I guess it depends on the scenario how much comes in?

(in reply to Lobben)
Post #: 4
RE: Replacements - 1/26/2022 9:25:16 PM   
Marc1314

would lowering the replacement rate for other units maybe increase the chance for the priority units to receive them?

(in reply to Lobben)
Post #: 5
RE: Replacements - 1/27/2022 3:41:14 AM   
James Taylor

You can manage the replacements by finding the recipient HQ, Heeresgruppe for the campaign, and taking a KG with excess transport to transfer the needed equipment from that receiving HQ.

Now you're free to distribute it to needful formations.

I use many KGs in this manner to go get extra troops from the immobile sicherung units and taking them to my depleted troops.

SeaMonkey

(in reply to Marc1314)
Post #: 6
RE: Replacements - 1/27/2022 12:27:56 PM   
JacquesDeLalaing

This is how replacements work afaik:

All starting units have a paper strength (TOE). With the latest patch, you can access the TOE if you hover your mouse over the integrity stat of a unit (yellow OOB symbol). For non-HQ units, the bars on the unit counters indicate how many elements a unit is missing from its TOE.

If units are missing elements from their TOE, they request these elements at the start of each turn. See the unit tab/replacement stats/ missing and requested. Note that there is a cap on how many elements of each type a unit may request. So if a unit is missing many elements, they cannot all be replaced in a single turn.

At the start of each turn, HQ units forward elements in excess of their own TOE to subordinate combat units according to their requests and priority settings. I suppose that you can also fine-tune replacement priority by setting priorities for your sub-HQs, but I'm not 100% sure. To check where the replacements went, take a look at stats/regime statistics/replacements received.

When you play a replacement card, the replacement elements go to the highest level HQ unit on the map. You can immediately see the elements in the HQ unit. If there are two HQ units of the same hierarchy level, the replacement elements go to the HQ that is closest to a pre-set map-entry point. As usual, the HQ unit will then forward the replacements at the start of the next turn (if the elements are in excess of the HQ's TOE; see paragraph above).

IMPORTANT: Units that you create customly during the game have no TOE and thus will never request replacement elements. Only starting units have a TOE. If you want to "reinforce" your custom units, you need to do it via the micro/merge feature.

< Message edited by JacquesDeLalaing -- 1/27/2022 1:02:47 PM >

(in reply to James Taylor)
Post #: 7
RE: Replacements - 1/27/2022 2:10:33 PM   
Goodenough

quote:

You can immediately see the elements in the HQ unit.

Thanks JaquesDeLalaing

It seems that all replacements in the WaR scenario go to HeeresGruppe B.

I've found the Unit replacement stats tab in the UNIT option, see HGB jpg

Attachment (1)

(in reply to JacquesDeLalaing)
Post #: 8
RE: Replacements - 1/27/2022 2:11:20 PM   
Goodenough

Then if I play a replacement card

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Goodenough)
Post #: 9
RE: Replacements - 1/27/2022 2:13:12 PM   
Goodenough

HGB gets the replacements

All I need to do now is learn how to aim those replacements where I want them to go.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Goodenough)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive >> Replacements Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI