Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

DC Ardennes Order of Battle

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive >> Open Beta >> DC Ardennes Order of Battle Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DC Ardennes Order of Battle - 1/28/2022 4:23:23 PM   
William Betson

I have been very impressed with this game as a simulation. Its use of line of sight, and especially of the defenders' ability to fire on approaching forces makes it unique and more realistic than most. Its logistical system is also impressive.
What I do not understand is the mistakes (intentional?) in the German order of battle for the campaign game. The 1st SS Pz Div, for example, has KGs that should have been taken from the organic battalions. Also, for example, the O/B for KG Peiper incorrectly includes the entire 1st SS PzGr Rgt. Further, the German Volks Artillery Korps are incorrectly constructed. Since a more correct OB is included in the game background info this is hard to understand. Is there some reason the there is a battalion-sized KG Hansen when that KG was actually the brigade-sized reinforced 1SS Rgt?

Post #: 1
RE: DC Ardennes Order of Battle - 1/28/2022 5:15:02 PM   
nikdav

There is some compromise in the OOB as we made the database with basic Division types, KG or Team or Task Force adjusted with the tables.
Technically we can made every single historical unit adding the specific slot and composition in the database, but is a very long work in the database and than on the map for every change and for every counter.
You can actually adjust in game the KG with the transfer function!

The VolksArtillerie Korps was intentionally reduced to only 3 battalions after many tests to better simulate the German lack of supply, ammunitions and tractors and balance the scenarios.
This was the old initial full VolksArtillerie Korps with 6/7 battalions:

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by nikdav -- 1/28/2022 6:17:09 PM >

(in reply to William Betson)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive >> Open Beta >> DC Ardennes Order of Battle Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI