Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Emperor of the Fading Suns Mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Graphic Mods >> Emperor of the Fading Suns Mod Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Emperor of the Fading Suns Mod - 12/28/2020 1:58:44 AM   
Sandow

This is an overhaul which replaces cards, event screens, music and sounds to blend with the Emperor of the Fading Suns universe. If you are unfamiliar with EFS, I recommend that you download the mod and try it out, because the world of Shadow Empire meshes well EFS, and I think will give you a more enriching game experience. None of the changes affects the rules or events of the base game.

Note: For the best experience, I recommend using this mod with the excellent Terrain Mod by mroyer, and the Eddy Vegas UI Mod.

Additional Note: In addition to offering the full overhaul, I have broken down the mod into separate downloads so you can pick and choose which aspect of the mod to enable, if you don't want the entire conversion. Each sub-mod (as well as the main EFSAllmods) comes with an uninstaller, so you can go back to the vanilla game at any time.

Name: Emperor of the Fading Suns Allmods (v1.1)

What it does: Combines all of the sub-mods below into one easy to install package

v1.2 update: Added a ton more cards. There are about 30 cards that still sport the vanilla graphics, but the majority have been changed with themed artwork.
v1.1 update: Added 30 more cards. Changed a few of the card graphics for something more fitting. Finally removed the 'accountant guy shaking fist' and 'two high school principals standing on the steps of the school' events screens and replaced them with appropriate sci-fi artwork. I just couldn't stand seeing them any more. Also replaced a few of the lackluster event screens for the same reason.

Name: EFS Scars N Tats
Download : EFSScarsNtats
What it does: Replaces portraits so that characters now have tattoos and battle damage. Replaces the portraits on many event screens with more interesting faces (although I'm still working on that bar scene event screen, so please be patient with me)

New Faces:

Tweaks to the event screens:

New artwork on many (but not all, still a work in progress) cards:
(By the way, someone should tell Vic that 'MOTHERLODE' is misspelled)

---------------------------------------------

Name: EFS Font Mod
Download: EFSFontMod
What it does: Increases the legibility of the 'typewriter' font. This is a subtle change, and seems to be acceptable to the vanilla game. In other words, it doesn't go too crazy with formatting. You may see the font misaligned slightly on a few screens, but I think the tradeoff is worth it.

Original Font:

Updated Font:

Name: EFS Tile Mod
Download: EFSTileMod
What it does: Creates a subtle change to the tiles. Gives a slightly deeper hard bevel and black border to the tiles to make them more visible when stacked.

Original Tiles:

Updated Tiles:

Name: EFS Music Mod
What it does: Replaces two music files with tracks from the original Emperor of the Fading Suns computer game.
Download: EFSMusicMod

Note: The greatest improvement is that the score doesn't have that orchestral CRASH when you access the main screen. Also, the battle music is pretty awesome! Both tracks mesh very well with the existing sound files.

Name: EFS Button Sound Mod
What it does: Replaces the digital beeps when buttons are pressed or 'mouseovered', with sounds more fitting for a chunky, military interface. Gives the buttons a nice, manual, analog sound.
Download: EFSButtonSounds

Note: If you are only going to download one of the EFS mods, make it this one! It doesn't sounds like it does much, but I guarantee that you'll notice an immediate difference in the feel of the game. There is something very satisfying about the button presses with this mod.

Name: EFS Flag Mod
What it does: Gives the option of using classic Emperor of the Fading Suns heraldry for your nascent empire!
Download: EFSFlagmod

New options for emblems

Update 1/28/22: Verified that all mods listed including 'ALLMOD' are compatible with the most recent release

< Message edited by Sandow -- 1/28/2022 8:13:57 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Emperor of the Fading Suns Mod - 12/28/2020 2:53:21 AM   
newageofpower

Ooh! I really like the harder unit borders.

Interesting take on Stratagem Cards.

(in reply to Sandow)
Post #: 2
RE: Emperor of the Fading Suns Mod - 12/29/2020 4:23:34 PM   
Tchey

Nice mod, thanks.

I love Fading Suns, the pen and paper role playing game.

* Jeux1d100 ? Le blog Jeux1d100.net sur les jeux indécents et Linux, et la chaîne YouTube *

(in reply to newageofpower)
Post #: 3
RE: Emperor of the Fading Suns Mod - 1/15/2021 11:07:03 PM   
Nsf665

Niiice. This is great! (especialy those cards) :)
thanks

I just updated your screens so it fits my graphic mod (I just dont like much those raw renders).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VXZ1YvjPT4-4wi-7oX5AznYx4vOfZL1B/view?usp=sharing

(original mod https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CpnkPX3wRd3s-YRQqUZeokXtLK-hGkib/view?usp=sharing)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Tchey)
Post #: 4
RE: Emperor of the Fading Suns Mod - 1/17/2021 6:57:27 PM   
eddieballgame

Wow...very nice.

(in reply to Nsf665)
Post #: 5
RE: Emperor of the Fading Suns Mod - 1/18/2021 10:39:46 PM   
Sandow

I'm glad you like it!

I agree with you completely about the renders being hard to live with. I'm glad someone took the time to tweak them to make them less sterile. Your mod adds a much needed depth to the event screens. Great touch with adding the instructor's shadow, by the way. It may seem like a small change, but makes worlds of difference to making the figure seem like part of the scene, and not just a flat image pasted on a background.

(in reply to Nsf665)
Post #: 6
RE: Emperor of the Fading Suns Mod - 1/19/2021 12:24:04 PM   
zgrssd

Is it just me, or does that "Propaganda Assistant" kinda look like Tom Hiddlestons Loki?

(in reply to Sandow)
Post #: 7
RE: Emperor of the Fading Suns Mod - 1/28/2022 8:14:58 PM   
Sandow

>Is it just me, or does that "Propaganda Assistant" kinda look like Tom Hiddlestons Loki?

You know, now that you mention it, I'm seeing it!

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Graphic Mods >> Emperor of the Fading Suns Mod Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI