Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Operation Tulipe...great scenario

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Vietnam >> Operation Tulipe...great scenario Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Operation Tulipe...great scenario - 1/29/2022 6:35:24 AM   
devoncop

So I have just done a second playthrough of Operation Tulipe the French VNA attempt to capture the Cho Ben Pass and surrounding villages as part of the Battle of Hoa Binh.

What a great scenario and very tough for me. First attempt ended with de Lattres boys getting a proper kicking from the VM annd a Major Defeat.

Second attempt where I tried to be more patient resulted in just managing a Minor Defeat

What was impressive though was the way the AI reacted to a flanking move I made to try and bypass the very tough strongpoints at the southern end of the pass. It repositioned reserve forces to cover the exposed villages just to the north in a general widespread redeployment. Really good to see.

If anyone else has won this one comfortably you have my sincere admiration

< Message edited by devoncop -- 1/29/2022 6:36:08 AM >

"I do not agree with what you say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it"
Post #: 1
RE: Operation Tulipe...great scenario - 1/29/2022 7:17:11 AM   
Crossroads

It is a fun battle for sure, one of the more linear ones out there. Vietminh between the hammer and anvil of French forces. Then there's of course the little matter of having the two meet each other in a crushing blow.

(in reply to devoncop)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Vietnam >> Operation Tulipe...great scenario Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI