Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Fleet templates question?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Coming Soon] >> Distant Worlds 2 >> Fleet templates question? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fleet templates question? - 1/29/2022 9:20:22 AM   
Jorgen_CAB

Was looking at some of the streams and was wondering a bit about the choices on the fleet templates.

What I noticed was that you could add a certain number of ships from each category and choose the ship type. I was just wondering why we can't just choose a ship type and a number of them in a fleet and what role that should serve ourselves?

I mean there are a high possibility we have several types of destroyers that are designed differently using different weapons and modules for example... why can't I then add two Destroyer A and four Destroyer B to my fleet for example?

It seem a bit restrictive if I can only include one version of each class into a fleet, especially when we get access to multiple hulls of each class as well?

< Message edited by Jorgen_CAB -- 1/29/2022 9:21:34 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Fleet templates question? - 1/29/2022 10:34:22 PM   
Erik Rutins

At release, we will support one specified design per role in a fleet through the Fleet Template system. That covers I'd say the large majority of the use cases for the new fleet template system, but I agree it would be nice to support more than one design per role in the future.

You can also always manually control fleet formation and put whichever ships you want in the fleet, of many designs per role. As long as the AI is not in charge of that, it won't try to adjust the fleet composition to fit any given template.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Jorgen_CAB)
Post #: 2
RE: Fleet templates question? - 1/29/2022 11:08:17 PM   
Jorgen_CAB

Ok... thanks... Using it manually is probably OK in the cases you want to use it and use the system as is for AI handled fleets.

Would be nice if we could do it in the future if possible... can see several reason why I would want the AI to handle such fleets.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Coming Soon] >> Distant Worlds 2 >> Fleet templates question? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI