Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Displaying hex numbers on the hex

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Displaying hex numbers on the hex Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Displaying hex numbers on the hex - 1/31/2022 4:38:16 AM   
BananaConvention

Is there a hot key or command to show the actual hex number on the actual hex? I am using Kull's IJ Spreadsheet for setup and a lot of directions call for waypoints or patrol zones by hex number. Unfortunately, to date it's been a painful and aggravating guessing game to correctly identify the proper hex. Is there a way to display the actual hex number on the map?

If there isn't (and what a sad omission from the game that would be) does anyone know of a planning map somewhere with the hex numbers on it?

Thanks!

Oberleutnant Joachim "Jochen" Heiden
3./JG51 "Mölders"

Currently looking for Allied PBEM opponents
Post #: 1
RE: Displaying hex numbers on the hex - 1/31/2022 4:43:12 AM   
Nomad

There is no way in the game to display the locations on the map. I think there is a map available somewhere that has them, but I don't know which one.

(in reply to BananaConvention)
Post #: 2
RE: Displaying hex numbers on the hex - 1/31/2022 5:13:04 AM   
BBfanboy

When you select a hex, the coordinates are shown at the top of the map. You will soon get to be able to approximate the distance of a hex you wish to find from a known coordinate. I have never found the absence of hex numbering to be a significant issue.

It would be nice to have faint numbering in the hex, but some of the hexes are pretty crowded with information already, if they have icons for port, airfield, TFs, LCUs and mines. Then there is information brought up by the hotkeys like the country code (4), weather icons, supply distribution from a selected hex (5).

< Message edited by BBfanboy -- 2/1/2022 1:53:40 AM >

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Post #: 3
RE: Displaying hex numbers on the hex - 1/31/2022 12:06:35 PM   
Trugrit

quote:

ORIGINAL: BananaConvention

Is there a hot key or command to show the actual hex number on the actual hex? I am using Kull's IJ Spreadsheet for setup and a lot of directions call for waypoints or patrol zones by hex number. Unfortunately, to date it's been a painful and aggravating guessing game to correctly identify the proper hex. Is there a way to display the actual hex number on the map?

If there isn't (and what a sad omission from the game that would be) does anyone know of a planning map somewhere with the hex numbers on it?

Thanks!

Install Combat reporter. A very useful tool.

You can just mouse over the map and it will display the Hex coordinates.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 4
RE: Displaying hex numbers on the hex - 1/31/2022 12:33:12 PM   
Zovs

Thanks Trugrit!

That is Brillant!

Beta Tester for:
Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm
War in the East 1 & 2
WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific
Valor & Victory
DG CWIE 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator

(in reply to Trugrit)
Post #: 5
RE: Displaying hex numbers on the hex - 1/31/2022 2:12:56 PM   
Kull

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trugrit

Install Combat reporter. A very useful tool.

You can just mouse over the map and it will display the Hex coordinates.

That IS helpful, thanks! The only downside - for this purpose anyway - is that Combat Reporter uses the hex-less map series (WPEN00.bmp thru WPEN41.bmp) instead of the "with-hex" map files (WPEH00.bmp thru WPEH41.bmp). I can't find a way to switch that in the CR Options so unless someone could edit the jar files to give you the choice, then the "brute force" solution would be copy-rename all the WPEH files as their WPEN counterparts. Not optimal, obviously, but one way to "fix" the issue.

(in reply to Trugrit)
Post #: 6
RE: Displaying hex numbers on the hex - 2/1/2022 3:15:44 AM   
BananaConvention

So unfortunately no good way to do what I want to do. I installed combat reporter tool but I need that overlay in the actual in-game map. I'll be forced to slowly finding the hexes by clicking and guessing in the game. Thanks for the help guys!

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Displaying hex numbers on the hex Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI