Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Earth and the Sol System

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Coming Soon] >> Distant Worlds 2 >> Earth and the Sol System Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Earth and the Sol System - 1/31/2022 1:06:46 PM   
EmperorKirk

Hello, super excited for distant worlds 2, looks great so far in the lets plays I have been watching! Now I understand the backstory for distant worlds is you are basically the surviving remnants of former great empires clawing your way back into space, but one thing that always bugged me in the first game was when playing as the humans (my favorite race) and you found the Sol system it was just a random system that looks nothing like the real Sol system.

So, I was hoping that when playing as the humans in Distant worlds 2 and you find the ancient home of the human empire that its actually accurate to the real Sol Systems you will find all the planets including Venus, Mars, and of course Terra and its moon Luna, I don't mind if Earth is no longer habitable let's say it took massive orbital bombardment during the ancient war.

Maybe it's part of the human story line I don't know but recolonizing Earth making it habitable again, colonizing, terraforming Mars and Venus as well would be so cool if playing the humans, reclaiming our birthright in other words. But for all of this to work you need to put a Sol system in the game that is actually the Sol System, now you might already have done this so my question for the devs is what is the state of the Sol System?

< Message edited by EmperorKirk -- 1/31/2022 1:13:16 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Earth and the Sol System - 1/31/2022 1:15:06 PM   
zgrssd

The Acdarian Storyline has them finding Old Acdar. Including their old Constitutional Crystal, which unlocks the "Way of the Ancients" governmetn form.

So I guess it might happen. However, keep in mind that in DW2 all planets rae procedurally rendered. From the heightmap up. Getting something tht looks even close to earth or mars would be realy hard with that.

(in reply to EmperorKirk)
Post #: 2
RE: Earth and the Sol System - 1/31/2022 1:21:19 PM   
EmperorKirk

Cool, did not know that been watching a Mortalen lets play, I understand it might be a lot harder wtih the rendering they use, but I'm a sentimental human, seeing the Sol System and Earth hits the right cords its our home after all! Its not a must but i do hope they have added it or will in the future. I dont expect all the moons and stuff just the main planets and Luna, Jupiter and Neptune are also very pleasing on the eyes.

< Message edited by EmperorKirk -- 1/31/2022 1:24:03 PM >

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 3
RE: Earth and the Sol System - 1/31/2022 2:33:05 PM   
Clux

Friendly reminder than on DW U the sol system was attacked by the Shakturi and several planets were destroyed, but it would still be cool of we found the "remains" of the solar system (same planet names/aestetics as IRL)

Amateurs talk about strategy. Professionals talk about logistics!

Post #: 4
RE: Earth and the Sol System - 1/31/2022 3:21:58 PM   
EmperorKirk

Oh, did not know some of the planets where blown up thanks for the reminder, but even still finding the remains as you say would still be cool. Maybe there could be a chance you could find the Sol system in diffrent states, one where its mostly intact, one where its blown up and so on. Still some of the planets would still be there like the gas giants, probably Mars and Earth that got blown up.

(in reply to Clux)
Post #: 5
RE: Earth and the Sol System - 1/31/2022 3:28:50 PM   
Jorgen_CAB

We just have to wait and see what the human story line give us...

< Message edited by Jorgen_CAB -- 1/31/2022 3:29:24 PM >

Post #: 6
RE: Earth and the Sol System - 1/31/2022 4:15:40 PM   
EmperorKirk

True, and I do look forwards to the human storyline, but would still like to know if its going to be a random system or the Sol System

(in reply to Jorgen_CAB)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Coming Soon] >> Distant Worlds 2 >> Earth and the Sol System Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI