Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Bottlenecks in the Pacific PBEM AAR vs Jansako (J)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Bottlenecks in the Pacific PBEM AAR vs Jansako (J) Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Bottlenecks in the Pacific PBEM AAR vs Jansako (J) - 1/31/2022 4:04:36 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Axe1999

Japanese losses:

I would discount any losses from "unknown" causes unless it is a small xAKL or something. Most ships can survive mishaps like hitting rocks during landings. Did you have any carrier type aircraft ground losses around the time Zuiho supposedly sank?

As for Hosho, it is the smallest, most fragile IJ carrier so yes, it could have sunk from an ammo storage explosion and heavy fires. Check for aircraft losses in the turn reports for the next few days.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Axe1999)
Post #: 61
RE: Bottlenecks in the Pacific PBEM AAR vs Jansako (J) - 1/31/2022 4:07:43 PM   
Axe1999

Zuiho is confirmed scuttled by my opponent after taking two Catalina torps. So two other DDs that are 'unknown' could possibly be scuttled as well.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 62
RE: Bottlenecks in the Pacific PBEM AAR vs Jansako (J) - 1/31/2022 4:09:32 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

Allied losses pt1:

You have lost far too many tankers and AOs. Looks like you were risking them to try and get the fuel and oil out of the DEI before Japan arrived. Better, I think, to have a big buffer between those vulnerable and valuable ships and the oncoming IJN. Flee as soon as the IJN could potentially get to them (max sprint distance of 20 hexes or max Nettie range of 26 hexes). Early game the Allies need every tanker to get fuel out to the places they want to keep, and to build a stock at Cape Town for all the ships that transit/repair there.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Axe1999)
Post #: 63
RE: Bottlenecks in the Pacific PBEM AAR vs Jansako (J) - 1/31/2022 4:13:25 PM   
Axe1999

Some of those TK losses were 3000 endurance Dutch ones, I can live without them. And both AOs lost were 11-12 kn ones, fast ones are still around.

(in reply to Axe1999)
Post #: 64
RE: Bottlenecks in the Pacific PBEM AAR vs Jansako (J) - 1/31/2022 4:14:06 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

Intel screen:

You are doing well in the air - usually the Allied side is losing 2:1 or more at this stage!

Are you saving those PP for something? I find there are never enough PP to rectify all the leaderships and assignment issues in the early game. I buy out a few small units to save them or garrison my logistics hubs, but divisions will have to wait until mid 1942 at least.

(in reply to Axe1999)
Post #: 65
RE: Bottlenecks in the Pacific PBEM AAR vs Jansako (J) - 1/31/2022 4:20:10 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

Zuiho is confirmed scuttled by my opponent after taking two Catalina torps. So two other DDs that are 'unknown' could possibly be scuttled as well.

Free Intel! I love it!
I would have expected the Intel report to say the cause of sinking was those torpedoes, but maybe scuttling overrides that.
If you also torpedoed those two Kageros, good on you! Those are his best DDs and always dangerous in a surface battle.

The Akizuki class that arrive later are more valuable because of their rapid firing 8X10cm DP guns, but less dangerous in a surface battle because they have fewer torps.

(in reply to Axe1999)
Post #: 66
RE: Bottlenecks in the Pacific PBEM AAR vs Jansako (J) - 1/31/2022 4:40:06 PM   
Axe1999

Im saving 1500 PP to buy out 1st Marine Division, as it starts restricted in this scenario. Then off to Suva or Australia, but I doubt he will be bold enough to fire off Australia or Hawaii invasion, with supply as restricted as is in this mod. Americal Division en route from East Coast for Noumea.

Free intel is the best kind of intel, I agree Sometimes they show as scuttled in tracker despite game showing unknown, and it is the case here... DDs were victim of surface fight if I remember correctly, I will have to comb through combat reporter to check that. One of them may have struck a mine while bombarding Soerebaja as well.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 67
RE: Bottlenecks in the Pacific PBEM AAR vs Jansako (J) - 2/1/2022 8:10:21 PM   
Axe1999

January 15th 1942.

• Supply on the move, shipping bottleneck at CONUS is getting better.

• Fighting at Clark Field, first attack gets 1:1 and lowers fort level, second one gets 1:17 and causes 2000 Japanese casualties.

• Manila fell quicker than expected, so Clark has only 50k supply, with Bataan at 23k.

• Japanese tanks will reach Johore line in, I assume 4-5 days. Only 400AV there so its nothing but a delaying force.

• CA raid at Rangoon sinking 8 valuable 14kn xAKs. My fault for having Blenheims on ASW and not search.

• 18th Division unloaded at Colombo, 770AV there for now. Hope to bring it to 1000AV come spring. Not yet sure what to do with Aus I Corps.

• Chengchow still holds and is reinforced from Loyang and further north. Kweisui fell. Cat and mouse game with his bombers and Flying Tigers.

• S-Boats hitting multiple valuable targets around Port Moresby and Rabaul, including 2 fleet oilers, large xAP and an xAK.

• Noumea has basic garrison unloaded, to be reinforced with 164th and 182nd Regiments. Suva and Pago Pago have some 300AV so far, with more on way. He seems to be eyeing Espirito Santu, not much to be done to defend it yet.

• B-17s raid Port Moresby to limited effect.

• Carriers patrolling Coral Sea with Kido Butai at Truk, hoping to hit any incursions down south by raiders/bombardment groups.

• A lot of AVP/AVD shuffling around to get better coverage in SoPac and CentPac.

(in reply to Axe1999)
Post #: 68
RE: Bottlenecks in the Pacific PBEM AAR vs Jansako (J) - 2/1/2022 8:12:26 PM   
Axe1999

Last update for a while. Leaving for military for 8 weeks, but I really hope to continue this game when I get back, by far most enjoyment I ever got out of WITP.

(in reply to Axe1999)
Post #: 69
RE: Bottlenecks in the Pacific PBEM AAR vs Jansako (J) - 2/1/2022 10:01:20 PM   
BBfanboy

Hope your deployment is enjoyable, if that is possible!

(in reply to Axe1999)
Post #: 70
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Bottlenecks in the Pacific PBEM AAR vs Jansako (J) Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI