Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bootcamp 2 problems

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Vietnam >> Bootcamp 2 problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bootcamp 2 problems - 2/2/2022 10:47:42 PM   
KingHalford

I'm trying to figure out how to move my trucks to the location shown in picture the Bootcamp tutorial Turn 2. The closest I can figure it is this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ktDEYJVygq8LA5a9W_p3ZIOxQ4RWO-ZI/view?usp=sharing

Any ideas? I've followed the instructions to the letter but even moving one hex at a time and ignoring AI pathing, this is as far as I can reach.

Ben "BATTLEMODE"
www.eXplorminate.co
Post #: 1
RE: Bootcamp 2 problems - 2/2/2022 11:45:40 PM   
Jason Petho

Looks like you're out of action points, you'll have to wait until next turn.

(in reply to KingHalford)
Post #: 2
RE: Bootcamp 2 problems - 2/3/2022 12:42:09 AM   
KingHalford

Yeah I get that, what I'm saying is that I was expecting to be able to travel further in one turn than I could, it seems that the movement points in use in are different to what was used in the Tutorial.

Is this something to do with an updated version, or one of the game options? Otherwise I'm kind of confused as to how it could be happening, unless there's some randomisation to how action points work, and that doesn't seem likely since I played the bootcamp 2 three times and always got in the same positions.

Ben "BATTLEMODE"
www.eXplorminate.co

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 3
RE: Bootcamp 2 problems - 2/3/2022 1:00:43 AM   
Jason Petho

It could also depend on how you moved you trucks and the order in which they were moved. Was one of the hexes over stacked? Did you move a truck before another? It varies and is really hard to tell why without a replay.

Do keep note though!

Post #: 4
RE: Bootcamp 2 problems - 2/4/2022 1:47:30 AM   
KingHalford

Thanks Jason.

I found that particularly tutorial quite laborious to work through as a result, there was a lot of paging backwards and forwards through the manual trying to figure out where which unit should be exactly where and didn't enjoy the experience for a while. That small bit of criticism aside, once I embraced the loose nature of the bootcamp and just got on and played it, I actually really enjoyed it, and went on to finish it with a stunning Major Defeat :)

The bootcamp documentation needs work (Bootcamp 3 also has incorrectly referenced hexes as far as I can tell). But I can see this is a pretty special game, a real step up from the older Tiller games that I have, and I'm really enjoying it now. Great work!

Ben "BATTLEMODE"
www.eXplorminate.co

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 5
RE: Bootcamp 2 problems - 2/4/2022 2:04:47 AM   
Jason Petho

Thank you, KingHalford!

Uh oh, I will have to check the documentation, I thought I was really thorough when I wrote it.

There's also a youtube video where I went through it in detail. You can find it here: Bootcamp 3 on YouTube

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Vietnam >> Bootcamp 2 problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI