Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Best Scenarios for PBEM between complete beginners

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Best Scenarios for PBEM between complete beginners Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Best Scenarios for PBEM between complete beginners - 2/3/2022 4:40:35 AM   
SpicyJuan

What scenarios are best for complete beginners to play against each other? Looking for small maps, few units, and not many turns. Thank you.
Post #: 1
RE: Best Scenarios for PBEM between complete beginners - 2/3/2022 4:45:05 AM   
Curtis Lemay

quote:

ORIGINAL: SpicyJuan

What scenarios are best for complete beginners to play against each other? Looking for small maps, few units, and not many turns. Thank you.

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4538346

My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site

(in reply to SpicyJuan)
Post #: 2
RE: Best Scenarios for PBEM between complete beginners - 2/3/2022 2:48:57 PM   
SpicyJuan

Thank you, but do you know of a fix for the Mons 1914 scenario? My version is broken with only British troops being present(in the German position to boot), while the Germans have 0 units

(in reply to Curtis Lemay)
Post #: 3
RE: Best Scenarios for PBEM between complete beginners - 2/3/2022 3:00:54 PM   
Curtis Lemay

quote:

Thank you, but do you know of a fix for the Mons 1914 scenario? My version is broken with only British troops being present(in the German position to boot), while the Germans have 0 units

The Germans all arrive as reinforcements on the north end of the map.

My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site

(in reply to SpicyJuan)
Post #: 4
RE: Best Scenarios for PBEM between complete beginners - 2/3/2022 3:03:13 PM   
rhinobones

Below is a list of scenarios, most of which are 25 turns or less.

Regards

Attachment (1)

Colin Wright:
Comprehensive Wishlist Forum #467 . . . The Norm (blessed be His name, genuflect three times and accept all values in the program as revealed truth)

Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil

(in reply to SpicyJuan)
Post #: 5
RE: Best Scenarios for PBEM between complete beginners - 2/12/2022 2:24:52 AM   
SpicyJuan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay

quote:

The Germans all arrive as reinforcements on the north end of the map.

I see they are supposed to do that, but instead in Turn 2 the scenario ends proclaiming Entente Victoria. Also the German flag is instead the flag of Afghanistan

(in reply to Curtis Lemay)
Post #: 6
RE: Best Scenarios for PBEM between complete beginners - 2/12/2022 2:35:23 AM   
rhinobones

quote:

I see they are supposed to do that, but instead in Turn 2 the scenario ends proclaiming Entente Victoria. Also the German flag is instead the flag of Afghanistan

Sounds like the scenario is corrupted. If you don’t have access to a fresh copy, I can upload one.
I presume your other scenarios work ok.

Regards

Colin Wright:
Comprehensive Wishlist Forum #467 . . . The Norm (blessed be His name, genuflect three times and accept all values in the program as revealed truth)

(in reply to SpicyJuan)
Post #: 7
RE: Best Scenarios for PBEM between complete beginners - 2/12/2022 10:15:47 PM   
SpicyJuan

quote:

ORIGINAL: rhinobones

quote:

Sounds like the scenario is corrupted. If you don’t have access to a fresh copy, I can upload one.
I presume your other scenarios work ok.

Regards

I tried reinstalling the game but it didn't fix it. If you don't mind, can you please upload it? Thank you

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 8
RE: Best Scenarios for PBEM between complete beginners - 2/12/2022 10:48:35 PM   
sPzAbt653

Remagan and Arnhem were both designed as beginner scenarios. They can both be found here:
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4394277

< Message edited by sPzAbt653 -- 2/12/2022 10:50:47 PM >

(in reply to SpicyJuan)
Post #: 9
RE: Best Scenarios for PBEM between complete beginners - 2/13/2022 12:06:28 AM   
rhinobones

quote:

I tried reinstalling the game but it didn't fix it. If you don't mind, can you please upload it? Thank you

Before I zipped the scenario, I fired it up and discovered that my copy has the same problem. The fix is quite simple, in fact I believe it was Bob C. who years ago alerted me to the root cause and fix.

Mons starts with no German units on the board. This fools the game engine into thinking force 2 has been eliminated and, therefore, the game ends. I added a unit to the German side and placed it in the lower right corner. You’ll probably not even notice it is there. This is all the game engine needs to cycle properly.

Per the recognized convention for changing another author’s work, I have added my usual suffix to the scenario title as identification from the original.

Larry F. – please link this scenario to your master list.

Best Regards, RhinoBones

Attachment (1)

Colin Wright:

(in reply to SpicyJuan)
Post #: 10
RE: Best Scenarios for PBEM between complete beginners - 2/13/2022 12:50:37 AM   
sPzAbt653

It's also possible that the scenario is being played with New Turn Order Rules = ON, which is known to cause this type of error. Simple fix, don't play with newer version Rules unless they are recommended.

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 11
RE: Best Scenarios for PBEM between complete beginners - 2/13/2022 2:10:37 AM   
rhinobones

quote:

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653

It's also possible that the scenario is being played with New Turn Order Rules = ON, which is known to cause this type of error. Simple fix, don't play with newer version Rules unless they are recommended.

It works!!! Learned something new today.

Best Regards

Colin Wright:

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Best Scenarios for PBEM between complete beginners Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI