Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Getting my ASS KICKED in Wacht Am Rhein

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive >> Getting my ASS KICKED in Wacht Am Rhein Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Getting my ASS KICKED in Wacht Am Rhein - 2/2/2022 1:53:18 PM   
dropzone77

I just don't know what I'm doing wrong, Bastone is captured, supply sys is killing me, no sure how to perfect it. What are those little yellow looks like gas cans? Manual dosent cover them. Most of my units readiness are blue or red. Any videos on supply system on YouTube
Post #: 1
RE: Getting my ASS KICKED in Wacht Am Rhein - 2/2/2022 2:27:13 PM   
JacquesDeLalaing

Sounds like you have a major supply problem there. Units that don't get supply don't recover readiness (which is why it is probably so low). The cans show up at hexes that were supposed to be under your control but are actually not (some enemy units that you have no eyes on might have infiltrated your lines, cutting your supply?). The manual says something about fuzzyness of control, but it's not very clear and imho you don't know how many "Zone of Control"-points your units have.

It's hard to give any tips without a screenshot of the situation. Make sure you keep the roads between your supply SOURCES and your units clear of the enemy (remember the fog of war, get eyes on the roads!). Keep your control over the road network by placing units directly on the roads (do not place them off road). If you only have supply BASES make sure they are working in the appropriate mode (see manual p. 75).

< Message edited by JacquesDeLalaing -- 2/2/2022 6:22:11 PM >

(in reply to dropzone77)
Post #: 2
RE: Getting my ASS KICKED in Wacht Am Rhein - 2/2/2022 3:58:50 PM   
ernieschwitz

quote:

It's hard to give any tips without a screenshot of the situation.

... and its hard to attach a screenshot until you've made 10 posts. Just FYI dropzone77.

Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
    Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.

Try this Global WW2 Scenario: GD1938v3

(in reply to JacquesDeLalaing)
Post #: 3
RE: Getting my ASS KICKED in Wacht Am Rhein - 2/3/2022 3:27:03 PM   
Roger5

Just before the start of the offensive, the name was changed to "Unternehmen Herbstnebel", ie "operation autumn fog". So "Wacht Am Rhein" was not the name the Germans used at the beginning of the offensive.

(in reply to ernieschwitz)
Post #: 4
RE: Getting my ASS KICKED in Wacht Am Rhein - 2/3/2022 3:30:52 PM   
Roger5

From one to the other, a very good game. Thanks to the developers.

(in reply to Roger5)
Post #: 5
RE: Getting my ASS KICKED in Wacht Am Rhein - 2/4/2022 1:50:47 AM   
Rebel Yell

quote:

ORIGINAL: Roger5

Just before the start of the offensive, the name was changed to "Unternehmen Herbstnebel", ie "operation autumn fog". So "Wacht Am Rhein" was not the name the Germans used at the beginning of the offensive.

Actually, Herbstnebel was Model's much less ambitious plan that he thought might be achievable, but Hitler rejected the "small solution" and went with the "big solution". Wacht am Rhein was the plan that was finalized and attempted.

I used to enjoy these forums. So many people that need the green dot now.

(in reply to Roger5)
Post #: 6
RE: Getting my ASS KICKED in Wacht Am Rhein - 2/4/2022 3:12:34 AM   
Roger5

Operation Wacht am Rhein was itself renamed Herbstnebel in early December, although it remains most well known by its original name.The actual plan of attack was unchanged.

(in reply to Rebel Yell)
Post #: 7
RE: Getting my ASS KICKED in Wacht Am Rhein - 2/7/2022 12:56:49 PM   
ltmoravcuk

You should control every movement. You should stay in green colored hexes, the worst yellow ones. Try to avoid the blue and read ones (whenever you need to pass such hexes use non-motorize units). Push all the time S and M buttons for inspection of supply chain. After reaching your supply edge 250 hexes (east of Bastogne) from your supply source you can lengthen your supply chain by another supply bases. The best the major ones, but medium ones are also working for 5-7 units so for the division you need at least 2 bases (if possible build them side by side of each other). If you have just option to build the small ones they are good for 3-5 units. Build more at one place. I had 3 small bases around one minor city II. Every supply counts in far distance to reach Meuse river. The most important point is to capture the enemy bases. Deplete them, move your mechanized units forwards and then Build-up the bases for later regular use. All these bases will lengthen your supply range from 250 to 350 in regular mode. The best way to build them on highways and ordinary roads and forget about the dirt rods (it is just wasting the time and sources).

(in reply to Roger5)
Post #: 8
RE: Getting my ASS KICKED in Wacht Am Rhein - 2/8/2022 11:17:46 AM   
pedro0930

There isn't much to perfect. German runs out of fuel after a few days of operation. You should go into defensive posture and start to dig in after capturing Bastogne, maybe snag a few more VP near by, but pushing any further is a waste of fuel. There is no supply nor VP in the middle of the Ardennes.

Primary effort should be focused along the northern road where there are many VPs and large supply depot for you to capture (This is also the original plan, effort around Bastogne was basically secondary, and only used because the German couldn't breakthrough Elsenborn Ridge)

(in reply to ltmoravcuk)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive >> Getting my ASS KICKED in Wacht Am Rhein Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI