Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Help with Resort Base

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Help with Resort Base Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help with Resort Base - 2/3/2022 8:27:08 PM   
WillHops

Hello I am having a trouble getting any tourists onto my resort base (I have 0 passengers at my resort and have never had any since building it).

The resort base in question is at a high scenery location in my empire capital system.
I have a valid design for both the base as well as passenger ships. The base itself has recreation, medical, shields, armour, guns, etc.
My private economy has passenger ships constructed, but they are idle around my capital.
I am still very early game, I have only my capital colony (30% tax) no additional colonies yet.

Playing on latest steam version of the game with the AI improvement mod. I have had functioning resort bases in other playthroughs but for some reason no one is going to this one in my current game.

Any ideas?
Post #: 1
RE: Help with Resort Base - 2/3/2022 10:52:03 PM   
WillHops

Well I just deleted it then built a new one with the in-game editor and it started to work almost immediately. Who knows old game ^^

(in reply to WillHops)
Post #: 2
RE: Help with Resort Base - 2/4/2022 4:39:10 AM   
SirHoraceHarkness

The game is filled with such idle base issues but they tend to not get in the way of the game as a whole since it typically only bugs out individual stations and such and eventually the game gets around to noticing them again. It's a legacy of a single threaded game trying to do so much at once and its a wonder the game manages to do it at all. Apparently the new 64bit engine can use as many threads as your cpu can handle so performance and reliability should go way up.

(in reply to WillHops)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Help with Resort Base Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI