Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Modding an existing scenario

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Modding an existing scenario Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Modding an existing scenario - 1/16/2022 5:06:32 PM   
Jagger2002

I have been looking through the scenario editor information. I just finished Vic's Youtube on creating a new scenario. I found that video very helpful. Located here for those interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7S1uEz69z

However I don't want to make a new scenario at this time but instead make minor modifications of existing scenarios. Primarily reposition certain units and readjust composition of some existing units. So is it possible to load up an existing scenario with all its existing library attachments into the simple editor and then rename as a mod for editing purposes? Then I can play around repositioning units and look at adjusting unit composition.
Post #: 1
RE: Modding an existing scenario - 1/16/2022 9:32:25 PM   
billios65

Ja, just select a scenario from the screen as if you wish to play it, at the bottom of the screen is a button that says "Simple Editor", click on it. You will now have access to all the inner workings and can make changes to your desire.

(in reply to Jagger2002)
Post #: 2
RE: Modding an existing scenario - 1/16/2022 9:34:38 PM   
Jagger2002

Hehe, I suspected there was something simple I was missing. Thanks!

(in reply to billios65)
Post #: 3
RE: Modding an existing scenario - 1/16/2022 10:11:27 PM   
altipueri

Perhaps some of you could produce some variations on the base scenarios - without saying what the changes are - just because life isn't always the same.

I did this a bit with Command Ops and Flashpoint Campaigns. Just changing the objectives made the AI do different things. Doing it for me was slightly pointless because I knew the changes - but some new user made scenarios with almost random changes extends game play.

How does a man in a trench know that he's facing a probing reconnaissance or a full blown assault?

(in reply to Jagger2002)
Post #: 4
RE: Modding an existing scenario - 1/17/2022 12:08:00 AM   
ernieschwitz

It's a really good idea to learn the editor this way. Just remember to always save your scenario under a different name. If not an update to the game might just overwrite it!

Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
    Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.

Try this Global WW2 Scenario: GD1938v3

(in reply to altipueri)
Post #: 5
RE: Modding an existing scenario - 1/18/2022 1:37:08 AM   
Rosseau

Very true. It appears that when you open a scenario just to look and then close it, it gets "updated." Not 100% sure about this though.

But the nice thing about the game is it's easy to backup the "ardennesscenarios" folder and you are good, except for graphics mods, of course.

(in reply to ernieschwitz)
Post #: 6
RE: Modding an existing scenario - 2/4/2022 5:29:23 PM   
altipueri

OK I just had a quick go at altering the objective points on the Stavelot scenario.

I added two 250 victory points to hexes roughly at the edge of the Axis front. So the Axis started with 500.

I then played a few turns and the allies duly built up and took them. So the AI reworked its strategy based on the weight of points.

So it is easy enough to make big changes of emphasis if you want to quickly have a different game with most things the same.

(in reply to Rosseau)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Modding an existing scenario Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI