Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

WarPlan Pacific - Allied Campaign (Video)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Warplan Pacific >> After Action Reports >> WarPlan Pacific - Allied Campaign (Video) Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WarPlan Pacific - Allied Campaign (Video) - 2/4/2022 3:15:37 PM   
*Lava*

The Day that will live in Infamy! We give the AI a +10 in experience (Trained) and a +4% supply logistics effectiveness (Good).

This will be a long, comprehensive campaign as we build up our forces, slowly take the initiative and eventually, smash the Japanese.

Hope you enjoy the campaign!

Video Link to Part 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbnVraYTi14
Post #: 1
RE: WarPlan Pacific - Allied Campaign (Video) - 2/4/2022 3:18:32 PM   
Nikel

I like your videos, I hope it will be until the bitter end

(in reply to *Lava*)
Post #: 2
RE: WarPlan Pacific - Allied Campaign (Video) - 2/4/2022 3:28:56 PM   
*Lava*

Yep... to the bitter end.

Not sure how many folks will really like the series because the videos will be at least 1 hour long. I'm also very comprehensive in some of my explanations and thoughts on mechanics, strategy, reinforcements, etc.

As is characteristic of my videos, I will make verbal blunders and gameplay mistakes... but that is just me.

(in reply to Nikel)
Post #: 3
RE: WarPlan Pacific - Allied Campaign (Video) - 2/4/2022 4:10:22 PM   
*Lava*

The Philippines, Netherlands East Indies and the strategic Chinese city of Changsha falls as the allies scramble to defend against the Japanese attacks. Their submarines wreck havoc on the allies merchant marine.

Dark days...

Video Link to Part 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAD94wDGX60

(in reply to *Lava*)
Post #: 4
RE: WarPlan Pacific - Allied Campaign (Video) - 2/4/2022 4:35:33 PM   
ncc1701e

Time to play PBEM

Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.

(in reply to *Lava*)
Post #: 5
RE: WarPlan Pacific - Allied Campaign (Video) - 2/4/2022 6:45:54 PM   
Remington700

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikel

I like your videos, I hope it will be until the bitter end

I agree - time for me to sit back, put my feet up and watch you do the work. Break a leg.

(in reply to Nikel)
Post #: 6
RE: WarPlan Pacific - Allied Campaign (Video) - 2/4/2022 8:21:05 PM   
*Lava*

Well, they are pretty boring ATM as I am on the defensive. It will be awhile before we see some action, meanwhile I am buying ships like crazy... CVL's, MM, CA's and subs. I think I will try to go much more submarine heavy then in my previous games. I think I am up to 12 long range subs by Feb, 1943.

The first big naval battle occurs at Rabaul during Part 8 and I believe I am able to start pushing forward in Burma in Part 6.

I think the difference between the AI and a human, is the AI goes all in on aircraft, while a human is far more likely to be building/reinforcing infantry and ships.

(in reply to Remington700)
Post #: 7
RE: WarPlan Pacific - Allied Campaign (Video) - 2/4/2022 8:34:12 PM   
eskuche

I don’t think building ships is worth it, especially now that PT and subs aren’t involved in blockades.

(in reply to *Lava*)
Post #: 8
RE: WarPlan Pacific - Allied Campaign (Video) - 2/4/2022 9:28:07 PM   
*Lava*

quote:

ORIGINAL: eskuche

I don’t think building ships is worth it, especially now that PT and subs aren’t involved in blockades.

A group of Japanese PT boats sunk one of my battleships during the Rabaul battle.

I think for the US it is definitely worth buying more ships and indeed up to this point (Feb 1943) I have bought 5 CVLs and somewhere around 5 CAs.

For the Japanese, it is hard to say, but submarines sure are handy and appear to do quite a decent job against the allied MM. When looking at the AI's choices, I think I would be buying more submarines and less aircraft.

(in reply to eskuche)
Post #: 9
RE: WarPlan Pacific - Allied Campaign (Video) - 2/5/2022 6:03:09 PM   
*Lava*

May 1942. The Japanese press the center of China, and attempt and fail to overrun Henderson Field, while their submarines continue destroying our Merchant Marine. The Allies are building up forces at New Caledonia and in Burma, building large Corps, CVLs, MMs and trucks while maintaining a continuous flow of oil to India.

Video link to Part 3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtcWKH7zzgA

< Message edited by *Lava* -- 2/5/2022 11:33:28 PM >

(in reply to *Lava*)
Post #: 10
RE: WarPlan Pacific - Allied Campaign (Video) - 2/5/2022 11:15:18 PM   
*Lava*

May-June 1942. The Japanese keep on the pressure attacking my merchants, China and invading Ndeni in the Santa Cruz Islands. Our build up continues and we attempt to interdict their convoys and make a few counter attacks in China.

Video link to Part 4:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxqEu9yYK9g

(in reply to *Lava*)
Post #: 11
RE: WarPlan Pacific - Allied Campaign (Video) - 2/5/2022 11:37:02 PM   
*Lava*

quote:

ORIGINAL: eskuche

Is that true that subs can't blockade ports?

I thought it was one for a small island and 5 for a main land port.

(in reply to eskuche)
Post #: 12
RE: WarPlan Pacific - Allied Campaign (Video) - 2/7/2022 2:17:34 AM   
*Lava*

June - August 1942. China stabilizes its front and launches limited counter attacks, while our buildup in Burma brings us closer to the launch of offensive operations. The naval buildup of Merchant Marine and submarines continues and planning begins for the attack on Rabaul.

Video link to Part 5:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16736ZMlGvM

NB: My game is actually up to Part 10, so I am trying to get these earlier videos published quickly to get me up to the present.

(in reply to *Lava*)
Post #: 13
RE: WarPlan Pacific - Allied Campaign (Video) - 2/7/2022 3:16:38 PM   
*Lava*

Aug - Nov 1942. Though China remains on the defensive they begin probing operations in the North. Offensive operations begin in Burma, the keels of 3 CA's are laid down, submarines begin entering service and preparations begin to attack Rabaul.

Video link to Part 6:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxrKWs_9a48

Just noticed that the splendid counters mod from Uxbridge are not being used. Forgot to place them into the Small Fleet Scenario. They will begin to appear in Part 11.

(in reply to *Lava*)
Post #: 14
RE: WarPlan Pacific - Allied Campaign (Video) - 2/8/2022 12:37:19 AM   
*Lava*

Nov - Dec 1942. Burma campaign now begins to push as all UK Corps are present while for the first time we have a group of 5 LR submarines in the Japanese shipping lanes. Winter brings campaigning in China to a standstill, but a much needed Communist Corps is brought in as reinforcements.

Video link to Part 7:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEiTLW27SBE

(in reply to *Lava*)
Post #: 15
RE: WarPlan Pacific - Allied Campaign (Video) - 2/8/2022 9:17:43 PM   
*Lava*

Dec 1942 - Feb 1943. The Battle of Rabaul. The Allies lose 3 BB's, 2 CV's and a CA to the Japanese 2 CV's and 6 coastal/torpedo boats in the first major naval battle. Rabaul, however, falls. Meanwhile the offensive in Burma takes the oil hex at Yenangyaung, heading for Rangoon. In China, winter has brought campaigning to a standstill.

Video link to Part 8:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4ZW4_6QQ-Q

(in reply to *Lava*)
Post #: 16
RE: WarPlan Pacific - Allied Campaign (Video) - 2/9/2022 3:34:44 PM   
*Lava*

Feb - Apr 1943. In China we begin to move forces to the north, while the Brits make steady progress towards Rangoon. A second group of 5 LR subs enters into the Japanese shipping lanes while 13 CV's are now on the board. In India, close support aircraft begin to enter service.

Video link to Part 9:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8Z78ZABBW8

(in reply to *Lava*)
Post #: 17
RE: WarPlan Pacific - Allied Campaign (Video) - 2/11/2022 1:31:51 AM   
*Lava*

Apr - May 1943. The British push on Rangoon, while the Chinese try to flank to the north of the Chinese line. The US is receiving lots of CVs and preparing for its next offensive while we start to put more and more pressure on the Japanese supply lines with our subs.

A big thanks to my 100th subscriber.. Craig Tower!

Video link to Part 10:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2d4EhL-iro

(in reply to *Lava*)
Post #: 18
RE: WarPlan Pacific - Allied Campaign (Video) - 2/11/2022 2:47:19 PM   
*Lava*

As I continue my award winning AAR..

May - July 1943. The major naval Battle of Kavieng sees 6 Japanese CVs lost to our 3. Rangoon falls to the allies in Burma, while the limited Chinese offensive makes continued gains. Two sub groups now stalk the Japanese convoy lanes...

In this part I introduce Uxbridge's excellent counter mod. You can find it at this link:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qyybstj266z5g4v/AAAufv7gplCi7W37K7xjrM4la?dl=0

Video link to Part 11:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gty2nIhsob8

(in reply to *Lava*)
Post #: 19
RE: WarPlan Pacific - Allied Campaign (Video) - 2/11/2022 11:09:06 PM   
*Lava*

Jul - Aug 1943. The Brits begin their offensive on Bangkok, while the Chinese encounter strong resistance. The US Navy begins its operation to capture the major supply base of Manus... and looks like another naval battle is in the making. Meanwhile our subs keeping chipping away at the Japanese merchants.

Video link to Part 12:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrlUuOcVOYM

(in reply to *Lava*)
Post #: 20
RE: WarPlan Pacific - Allied Campaign (Video) - 2/12/2022 3:38:28 AM   
GiveWarAchance

The new graphics look good, especially the terrain is better.
I watched some of it. I had problems hearing your exciting commentating of the action. I think you need to turn up the recording volume cause I had to turn up my own volume 3x normal to barely hear you which I prefer to avoid doing cause if I forget it, then when I watch something else, the volume will be gigantic and scary.

Another tip is maybe you could put a few timestamps on for the really good parts for people who are short on time and can't watch all of it. Like maybe for a big naval battle or a decisive battle for Henderson Field.

(in reply to *Lava*)
Post #: 21
RE: WarPlan Pacific - Allied Campaign (Video) - 2/12/2022 2:19:30 PM   
*Lava*

quote:

ORIGINAL: GiveWarAchance

The new graphics look good, especially the terrain is better.
I watched some of it. I had problems hearing your exciting commentating of the action. I think you need to turn up the recording volume cause I had to turn up my own volume 3x normal to barely hear you which I prefer to avoid doing cause if I forget it, then when I watch something else, the volume will be gigantic and scary.

Another tip is maybe you could put a few timestamps on for the really good parts for people who are short on time and can't watch all of it. Like maybe for a big naval battle or a decisive battle for Henderson Field.

Thanks, mate.

I do the best I can, but I am not a professional YouTuber, nor do I care to be. If somebody watches... hey that is great. If somebody likes or comments... stupendous!

I record stuff as a hobby. I have fun doing it, because it requires me to concentrate on the matter at hand and try to keep my brain from shriveling up.

(in reply to GiveWarAchance)
Post #: 22
RE: WarPlan Pacific - Allied Campaign (Video) - 2/12/2022 2:24:18 PM   
*Lava*

Aug - Oct 1943. We take the main supply naval base at Manus after an indecisive naval battle. China is static while the Brits and Indians are at the gates of Bangkok.

Video link to Part 13:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JUbT9ieVaU

I have an enhanced copy of the game and if you watch the beginning you will see a rather nice new feature added to units. Thank you, Alvero!

(in reply to *Lava*)
Post #: 23
RE: WarPlan Pacific - Allied Campaign (Video) - 2/12/2022 2:27:50 PM   
*Lava*

BTW folks, as the Allies, you need a lot of time to build up forces and you are mostly on the defensive, so the first years are kinda slow for action. With my forces now pretty much in hand, the action should be ramping up quickly.

(in reply to *Lava*)
Post #: 24
RE: WarPlan Pacific - Allied Campaign (Video) - 2/12/2022 6:56:43 PM   
*Lava*

Oct 1943 - Jan 1944. After capturing Bangkok (which forces Thailand to surrender), our Allies start the long march to Singapore. In Papua New Guinea, we first blockade their ports and later invade, capturing the area (2 victory locations). Our next target is Truk. Meanwhile in China, winter has brought warfare to a crawl.

Video link to Part 14:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC-LojVa7hQ

(in reply to *Lava*)
Post #: 25
RE: WarPlan Pacific - Allied Campaign (Video) - 2/13/2022 2:39:41 AM   
GiveWarAchance

Joe Rogan became world famous as the UFC commentator. Lava you can do the same commentating on WP. Your wild games will attract tens of millions of fans waiting with baited breath for each update. By the way, what does "baited breath" mean?

Also wondering, have you tried the games "Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes", Shadow Empire, or Panzer Corps 2? I'm wondering what a WP fan thinks of those games.

(in reply to *Lava*)
Post #: 26
RE: WarPlan Pacific - Allied Campaign (Video) - 2/13/2022 11:11:42 AM   
*Lava*

You noticed my wild side did you? I try to keep that tucked away.

Actually, I haven't played any of the games you mentioned. I'm kind of a heretic, as I enjoy RTS the most. If you look at my channel you will see that my most viewed playlist is "Ultimate Admiral: Age of Sail - British Campaign". I completed all the campaigns on hard difficulty at 2x speed.

At the moment, I am also playing "Ultimate General: Civil War - Legendary Confederate Campaign." Never have won that campaign, however, I am now at Cold Harbor with 100,000 men and I think I will probably finally succeed.

I enjoy games where you have to think way ahead and that is probably what drew me to WarPlan Pacific.

(in reply to GiveWarAchance)
Post #: 27
RE: WarPlan Pacific - Allied Campaign (Video) - 2/13/2022 3:31:48 PM   
*Lava*

In this video I take a look at the supply situation as we enter into the late phase of the war in the pacific.

Link to Part 15 - Supply:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ1Uwa0ArEg

It maybe a bit verbose... just me being me.

(in reply to *Lava*)
Post #: 28
RE: WarPlan Pacific - Allied Campaign (Video) - 2/13/2022 9:35:48 PM   
*Lava*

Jan - Feb 1944. Singapore falls to the Allies and moves to destroy the remaining and trapped Japanese troops in Indochina. The 5th fleet attacks and secures Truk in a single move without naval resistance from the enemy. In China, trucks are being stockpiled for the summer offensive. The big question is... where is the Japanese Navy?

Link to Part 16:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjxmRV5l3hA

(in reply to *Lava*)
Post #: 29
RE: WarPlan Pacific - Allied Campaign (Video) - 2/14/2022 3:29:28 AM   
GiveWarAchance

Legendary level sounds like self-torture. Or maybe your skills are epic. I have that Ultimate General game but only played the first battle a few years ago. I won't go near that Ultimate admiral game.

Sounds like you are whooping ass now. Taking Singapore and Truk must be devastating for Japan as you crumble their defensive ring. Hopefully the fame of your WP campaign spreads worldwide. Maybe you can get an interview on Joe Rogan's podcast to make your youtube series famous.

(in reply to *Lava*)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Warplan Pacific >> After Action Reports >> WarPlan Pacific - Allied Campaign (Video) Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI