Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe v1.24.00

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe v1.24.00 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe v1.24.00 - 2/4/2022 11:48:55 AM   
Edmon

A new patch is now available for Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe. Check out the full changelog below:

Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe v1.24.00

GAME ENGINE
- Fixed an issue where PBEM++ Tournament scores were not preserved when saving progress mid turn. Scores would then only re-appear after ending the turn (Ajunta Pall).
- Fixed a UNIT production queue placement issue for the AI that would sometimes place an HQ adjacent to enemy units when better alternative positions were available (Josef Steppan)
- Fixed a controlled movement error where the unit would not move the full range of hexes in some cases (Laurenz)
- Fixed a controlled movement error where the unit would move its full range of hexes but not record any action point cost (Laurenz)
- Fixed another retreat error that did not have units retreat as optimally away from enemy units as they should (havoc1371)
- Fixed a rare (usually a first turn issue but only if the script exists) combat error where any AI units that moved into place via GUARD scripts did not record that they had 'moved', providing a blitz attack bonus for these units (Illbeard)
- Fixed a combat NM calcuation error for when a defending unit is attacked in port, the attacker no longer loses NM when the attacker does not suffer a strength point loss (Checksumchecks)
- Fixed a Production Lost error for when a country surrenders and moves its Government to a new country
- Fixed a Research log error that did not properly display the research advancements and progression of your side under Fog of War
- Fixed a 'shattered' from combat calculation error that did not update HQ experience, National Morale and MPPs graphs values (Checksumchecks)
- AI Medium Bombers will now attack in a sequence prior to AI Tactical Bombers (SittingDuck).

EDITOR
- Fixed an issue where Minor nations could not be set for DECISION event COUNTRY_ID values as it would throw an incorrect script compilation error (SittingDuck).
- Fixed an error when reorganizing Major Country IDs that did not properly update any applicably affected transport units (The Land)
- Fixed an error when reorganizing Major Country IDs that resulted in a CTD when shifting a major to the minor list (The Land)

All Campaigns
- Corrected the Production Delay in all campaigns to be set to Months, and have also amended Shock Armies to 4 in the Turns setting (Will952).
- Changed the Weather Zones of hexes 232,83 233,83 234,83 235,83 236,84 237,84 238,85 239,85 (north and east of Stalingrad) so that they are now in the same Weather Zone as Stalingrad (BigJohn).

1939 and 1940 Campaigns
- Changed the Mobilization_2 script #NAME= Collapse of Belgium (Italy->Axis) to be a one time event. To compensate for this, the script #NAME= Collapse of France (Italy->Axis) will now fire when there are 2 Axis units within 3 hexes of Paris - previously it was triggered by 1 Axis unit within 1 hex of Paris (redrum68).

1939; 1940 and 1941 Campaigns
- An Axis declaration of war on the USSR will now reduce Soviet National Morale by 15,000 points. This will be regained by an increase in the bonus when the USA joins the Allies (increased by 5,000 points) when the Siberians arrive (increased by 2,500 points) and if the USSR has not surrendered by the 1st January 1943 (increased by 2,500 points, as well as increasing the per turn bonus from 100 to 150 points providing Moscow is still in Allied hands)(dhucul2011).

1939-1942 Campaigns
- Sevastopol is now a National Morale objective worth 5,000 points (Duedman).

1942 Campaign
- The Soviet 42nd and 67th Armies south of Leningrad now start with Infantry Weapons level 2 and AA level 1, while the Coastal Army now starts with AA level 1 and 0.5 experience (Will952).
- Germany's starting MPPs increased from 200 to 225.

Strategy Guides
- The Victory Conditions at the end now mention that all hexes around London are required for an Axis victory (Duedman).
- The Strategy Guides for 1939 and 1940 now include a table showing the % chance of units fighting on from exile, just search for Free Units (AceRimmer).

Slitherine Games - Community Manager - Italian Office

Any questions, concerns or comments about our Community Forums or Games? You are always welcome to drop me a PM.
Post #: 1
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe v1.24.00 - 2/4/2022 1:07:52 PM   
Hartmann301

Unable to download. I keep getting an error notice 1/3rd of the way

(in reply to Edmon)
Post #: 2
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe v1.24.00 - 2/4/2022 1:45:33 PM   
Hartmann301

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hartmann301

Unable to download. I keep getting an error notice 1/3rd of the way

Disregard. It worked on the third try

(in reply to Hartmann301)
Post #: 3
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe v1.24.00 - 2/4/2022 2:42:46 PM   
archmache

Wow ... big NM changes to the '39 campaign. Could be possible then to get the Soviets below 85%. Sevastopol as NM is good change.

Will be interesting to see how this changes things. Personally I think a better way to compensate for the Soviets "disarray" would be to remove the ability of the USSR to operate units for the first 10 turns after Barb, then limit it to 2 units for 5 turns, then back to normal after 15. This would create a situation, for example, if the Axis want to beeline for Stalingrad they can't just one turn move units they have stored at Leningrad. This would create a uncertainty to Barbarossa defence as where the Soviet player placed units would actually matter - similar to how it happened in real life. Operational zones should be added. So that Axis player can't just one turn move a unit from France to Moscow front lines.

< Message edited by archmache -- 2/4/2022 2:43:24 PM >

(in reply to Edmon)
Post #: 4
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe v1.24.00 - 2/4/2022 2:59:12 PM   
Duedman

Yeah a maximum range for Operating via Rail (upgradable via Logistics) would be super awesome. Hope that makes it into the next game if there ever is one.

(in reply to archmache)
Post #: 5
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe v1.24.00 - 2/4/2022 4:11:31 PM   
archmache

Also question - for the Tournament currently going on will these changes be used for the upcoming '39 scenario?

(in reply to archmache)
Post #: 6
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe v1.24.00 - 2/4/2022 5:35:36 PM   
LLv34Mika

just came back after a long break... (when the first tournament was organized here)
so what is tournament score?

(in reply to archmache)
Post #: 7
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe v1.24.00 - 2/4/2022 6:01:23 PM   
BillRunacre

quote:

ORIGINAL: archmache

Also question - for the Tournament currently going on will these changes be used for the upcoming '39 scenario?

Yes, any new games started after the release of a patch will use the updated campaigns.

< Message edited by BillRunacre -- 2/4/2022 6:04:38 PM >

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to archmache)
Post #: 8
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe v1.24.00 - 2/4/2022 6:04:06 PM   
BillRunacre

quote:

ORIGINAL: LLv34Mika

just came back after a long break... (when the first tournament was organized here)
so what is tournament score?

Here's a link to the current scores, showing Duedman, Fafnir and Szenser in the top spots!

https://www.slitherine.com/tournaments/scores/721

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 9
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe v1.24.00 - 2/4/2022 6:39:58 PM   
El_Condoro

After the update I am getting report messages on my opponent's tech increases. I am playing as Axis and seeing reports of how the US tech is increasing at the start of my turn.

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 10
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe v1.24.00 - 2/4/2022 8:07:39 PM   
Szenser

Same report error as El_Condoro

< Message edited by Szenser -- 2/5/2022 4:45:43 PM >

(in reply to El_Condoro)
Post #: 11
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe v1.24.00 - 2/4/2022 8:41:57 PM   
Duedman

yep, I can see enemy techs too

(in reply to Szenser)
Post #: 12
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe v1.24.00 - 2/5/2022 2:28:13 AM   
dhucul2011

Good changes. I would suggest additional ones:

1. Italy should also suffer an NM drop as soon as they enter the war and probably another when the USA enters. Historically Italian units were made of lower morale and the population didn't necessarily fully support the war. "The People of Italy Fear War with the Allies"
2. A really nice change to add some chrome would be to make Australian, Indian and NZ units as British Empire units. You could then add a South African corps. Wavell should be the starting BE HQ in Jerusalem with a very low rating. HQ Ritchie in Basra can be BE and Smuts HQ could be added to the OOB. The capital is already on the map.
3. Free France should also be a separate British minor. Add a capital next to BE in Greenland.
4. Reduce MTB action points to 5. This should keep them a little closer to shore as they should be.
5. Add scripts forcing Italy to garrison its major cities. Have NM drops if they don't. They shouldn't be able to move their entire army to North Africa without penalty. Unrealistic. Have riots in cities without garrisons.
6. Spain should move significantly away from the Axis when the USA enters. Spain depended on large amounts of trade with the US.
7. Crispy123 has implemented a great alternative to model Axis oil shortages. This should be part of the vanilla. Reduce the impact with a DE for Germany to invest in Synthetic Oil.

(in reply to Duedman)
Post #: 13
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe v1.24.00 - 2/5/2022 4:07:50 AM   
Duedman

I'd love to see a CTRL+click movement order for Artillery so it can capture cities. If AA can, why shouldn't arty? But it always wants to shoot the city hex which can be frustrating

(in reply to dhucul2011)
Post #: 14
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe v1.24.00 - 2/5/2022 8:01:34 AM   
BPINisBACK

Same here!!!

(in reply to Szenser)
Post #: 15
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe v1.24.00 - 2/5/2022 2:30:20 PM   
Hubert Cater

Thanks for the report, I'll try and get this fixed ASAP.

(in reply to El_Condoro)
Post #: 16
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe v1.24.00 - 2/6/2022 1:22:46 PM   
Hartmann301

Was there a change made to entrenchments. Do enemy units have to enter them now for their destruction?

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 17
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe v1.24.00 - 2/6/2022 8:30:29 PM   
MJY

Dear Matrix Games,

I have a couple of ongoing games. They both employ one of the Mods I found through this site.

Today, I went to play some turns (after a week's delay), but when I opened the game, I got two pop-ups. The first said:

Connection Error. PBEM++ Online server requires version 1.24.00 in order to continue. Please upgrade your game to latest version.

The second pop-up said:

Connection Error [3]. Client mismatch.

I thought the upgrades occurred automatically when you opened the game. Am I missing something? How do I execute this upgrade?

Thanks for your time.

MJY

P.S. Game updated automatically the next day. All is good. I'm guessing the server was down.

< Message edited by MJY -- 2/8/2022 1:21:14 AM >

(in reply to Hartmann301)
Post #: 18
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe v1.24.00 - 2/21/2022 10:37:24 AM   
OxfordGuy3

quote:

ORIGINAL: El_Condoro

After the update I am getting report messages on my opponent's tech increases. I am playing as Axis and seeing reports of how the US tech is increasing at the start of my turn.

Is there going to be a fix for this soon? Is pretty immersion-breaking...

(in reply to El_Condoro)
Post #: 19
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe v1.24.00 - 2/21/2022 2:22:08 PM   
Taxman66

Found a minor bug with this update.

Shattered (and/or?) destroyed units have incorrect unit names on the production screen when rebuilding them. Not sure if they are incorrect when they are placed on map.

This is from a PBEM game

Attachment (1)

"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

(in reply to OxfordGuy3)
Post #: 20
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe v1.24.00 - 2/22/2022 11:59:47 AM   
BillRunacre

quote:

ORIGINAL: Taxman66

Found a minor bug with this update.

Shattered (and/or?) destroyed units have incorrect unit names on the production screen when rebuilding them. Not sure if they are incorrect when they are placed on map.

This is from a PBEM game

Just to clarify the potential cause:

Are you playing in English and your opponent in German?

Or have you switched languages while playing?

(in reply to Taxman66)
Post #: 21
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe v1.24.00 - 2/22/2022 12:26:10 PM   
Taxman66

I'm playing in English, and it could very well be that my opponent is playing in German.

I have not switched languages.

"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe v1.24.00 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI