Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[1.10.4] Resigned empire leaves behind ghost troops

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> [1.10.4] Resigned empire leaves behind ghost troops Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[1.10.4] Resigned empire leaves behind ghost troops - 2/5/2022 9:48:45 AM   
Voker57

If a player resigns, "ghosts" of their troops remain for the hex control purposes, and that makes capturing territory very tedious. See in save: move 1 Motorized HQ northwest, some hexes are only captured when directly on them, no troops are present though. https://tinystash.undef.im/dl/1QBpSS5aPnSoFUbxAnKrxvci9ciCDV16AW9Zy4TuSW5g6RdjNjCMnEvEb7RAYTAWdnZKWnKLFB6eq7TbnLeikdW.se1
Post #: 1
RE: [1.10.4] Resigned empire leaves behind ghost troops - 2/5/2022 12:58:13 PM   
mroyer

Hi Voker57, just FYI, that file is password-protected.
-Mark R.

(in reply to Voker57)
Post #: 2
RE: [1.10.4] Resigned empire leaves behind ghost troops - 2/5/2022 2:00:44 PM   
Voker57

Yeah I know, I'm sure Vic or whoever really needs it knows how to open it anyway.

(in reply to mroyer)
Post #: 3
RE: [1.10.4] Resigned empire leaves behind ghost troops - 2/6/2022 2:55:36 PM   
Magirot

I can confirm this issue having been present in all games I've played.

(in reply to Voker57)
Post #: 4
RE: [1.10.4] Resigned empire leaves behind ghost troops - 2/6/2022 3:48:49 PM   
zgrssd

Are you sure that is not just normal Recon in effect?
If Formations do not have enough Recon power, they have to walk into a hex to verify it is free and grab it. You can see that in particular with:
- 10 Sentinel Formations
- hard terrain, that can not be explored fully by a mere 10-20 recon

(in reply to Magirot)
Post #: 5
RE: [1.10.4] Resigned empire leaves behind ghost troops - 2/6/2022 5:35:45 PM   
Magirot

I don't think area capture is related to recon (or affected by hard terrain in any way)? The rule is that units with less than 3 subunits don't capture their zone of control, and also that enemies' zone of control will prevent this area capture.

However this isn't the reason in my case, and probably not in Voker's case either given how experienced they are at the game.

In the last MP I played it went like this (sadly I can't post screenshots due to my post count):

1. Enemy player resigned, causing troops that made up his front line to disappear.

2. I moved closer to the front line, and my formations didn't capture hexes beside the ones they entered into, as if enemy forces' Zone of Control was still present

3. However, when they got past the area where there had been enemy units previously, the units started capturing hexes around them again.

4. When I got closer to his cities which had had troops garrisoned in them, their surroundings again weren't captured until my troops got past them.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 6
RE: [1.10.4] Resigned empire leaves behind ghost troops - 2/9/2022 9:06:50 AM   
Vic

Thanks for the report!

Will be fixed upcoming patch.

Best wishes,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Magirot)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> [1.10.4] Resigned empire leaves behind ghost troops Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI