Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Some oddities

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Tech Support >> Some oddities Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Some oddities - 2/4/2022 8:00:46 AM   
Bertram

I recently started a new game and I noticed some oddities. This is the Steam version, under 1.02.13; regular 41 campaign, against Freshi, using PBEM++. We are at turn 7, I am German.

Last turn, when executing the air phase, I noticed that my opponent did 2000+ sorties, and lost 40 planes. I remarked on this (I wanted those low losses as wel!) and he wrote that he had lost all his planes somehow. And looking at the strenght graphs he was actually down to 0 (zero!) planes on map last turn. This turn he had 1200, presumably from the reserve. (Both the total loss of planes under the AI and the reserve shuffle are problems in itself, but that is another discussion). This turn under the air execution he did 1500 sorties for 20 planes lost. Seems some display or counting error.

Another issue that came up was that my Logistic Phase report told me that the 163 Infantry Division arrived (at 167; 169, I think). I could not find it, and using the commanders report could not find it anywhere in the OOB either.

Saves are on the PBEM++ server..
Post #: 1
RE: Some oddities - 2/4/2022 10:35:26 AM   
Denniss

163 is in Norway and moves to Finland on T4, it is sheduled for a map arrival for T191.
Or do you play with full TB control and pulled it from FI ?

(in reply to Bertram)
Post #: 2
RE: Some oddities - 2/4/2022 11:18:09 AM   
Stamb

I had problems finding my divisions. Maybe it is your case:
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=5140588

(in reply to Bertram)
Post #: 3
RE: Some oddities - 2/4/2022 11:30:52 AM   
Bertram

I'll try to find it in Norway next turn. But with the commanders report it should have showed up, even when in Norway. And it *was* in my Logistic Phase Report as arrived in hex 167;169 in turn 7, where it had no reason to be either way...

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 4
RE: Some oddities - 2/4/2022 7:42:01 PM   
Joel Billings

As Dennis says, 163rd ID goes to Finland turn 4. Got your save and that's where it is. 183rd arrived on the map near where you listed.

As for air losses, it shows about 100 a/c lost in the Soviet turn 6 air phase. He hasn't lost all his a/c as he still has 1200 on the map. He had 0 a/c on map on turns 3 and 4, but starting on turn 5 he has had planes on the map. I don't see anything wrong.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Bertram)
Post #: 5
RE: Some oddities - 2/6/2022 2:45:35 PM   
Bertram

The "wrong" thing is that during the Air Execution phase I see him doing a 2000+ sorties (with his 0 planes), for a loss of 20 planes. I think this can not be correct....

As for the 183 ID; I found that the *next* turn in the mentioned place, not the turn my Logistics Phase report told me it would be there (disregarding the 163 and 183 confusion - I did double check the number when I could not find it, but the most logical explanation here is that I misread the number).

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 6
RE: Some oddities - 2/6/2022 6:52:33 PM   
Joel Billings

So there was a turn where he had 0 a/c on the map and sorties flown during his air execution phase? Is it possible it was reporting 0 a/c during your turn and that he had a/c on the map in his turn? He clearly can't fly missions and lose a/c if he had none actually on the map during his execution phase. I'm not sure though what number you are looking at that shows 0 a/c on the map at the same time as he had sorties flown.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Bertram)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Tech Support >> Some oddities Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI