Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bug -- All Commonwealth convoys converted to Unused

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Bug -- All Commonwealth convoys converted to Unused Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bug -- All Commonwealth convoys converted to Unused - 2/5/2022 3:35:14 PM   
jsetear

The Commonwealth pre-production screen displays 149 Convoys and 149 Convoys Unused. (I am in mid-1942 of the Global War scenario played solitaire.) This is about 139 more Unused convoys than I would have expected, given where things were in the last turn's pre-production phase, how few convoys are in port, how few convoys at sea are not in sentry mode, etc.

As you might imagine, with 0 convoys in use for transporting resources, this status makes efficient administration of the worldwide British empire difficult, i.e., the Commonwealth had about 9 production points instead of the 29 or so that it had in the last turn when the convoys were working as they should.

I can't think of anything that I did that would have caused this situation. Is there even a way to designate every convoy on the map as "unused"? I didn't do so deliberately, but perhaps I did so accidentally?

I tried to work around the problem by going back to a regular impulse and making sure that convoys had not been taken off sentry mode or all put to port or something like that, and then just going forward again through the production phases, but none of those problems existed and the problem repeated itself in the second run-through of the production phases.

Post #: 1
RE: Bug -- All Commonwealth convoys converted to Unused - 2/5/2022 4:08:51 PM   
Centuur

I don't know what you did. But one can check the status of convoy points during the stay at sea phase and change them to sentry, so that they stay at sea and deliver the resources.

Peter

(in reply to jsetear)
Post #: 2
RE: Bug -- All Commonwealth convoys converted to Unused - 2/5/2022 11:09:08 PM   
Joseignacio

And I thought that "unsentrying" would make them return to base, but that did not happen un my last session, do I need to do sth else?

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 3
RE: Bug -- All Commonwealth convoys converted to Unused - 2/6/2022 2:30:34 AM   
jsetear

Peter,

Thanks. They stayed at sea, actually. And they are in sentry mode during the production phase. They just declared themselves unused despite those other characteristics.

I will zip a gamesave file and post it here in the next day or two, so that you can take a more detailed look, if you wish.

John

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 4
RE: Bug -- All Commonwealth convoys converted to Unused - 2/6/2022 11:13:50 AM   
Centuur

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joseignacio

And I thought that "unsentrying" would make them return to base, but that did not happen un my last session, do I need to do sth else?

During the stay at sea phase, you have to click on convoy points to get them to return to base. If you do, in the command form the status of the unit will change in return to base.

Peter

(in reply to Joseignacio)
Post #: 5
RE: Bug -- All Commonwealth convoys converted to Unused - 2/6/2022 4:32:44 PM   
jsetear

Here is a GAM file, zipped, from a point at which all CW convoys are listed as Unused. Using the "Production Planning" choice is, I think, the most direct way to see the issue. That also shows the impact of the convoy situation on CW production.

John

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jsetear)
Post #: 6
RE: Bug -- All Commonwealth convoys converted to Unused - 2/6/2022 5:11:40 PM   
Joseignacio

quote:

ORIGINAL: Centuur

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joseignacio

During the stay at sea phase, you have to click on convoy points to get them to return to base. If you do, in the command form the status of the unit will change in return to base.

Thanks Peter

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 7
RE: Bug -- All Commonwealth convoys converted to Unused - 2/7/2022 1:06:16 AM   
jsetear

Peter,

I tried using the same file that was giving me trouble after re-starting my computer, and the status of convoys seemed to be fine again. I attach the game file where things are apparently back to what they should be. I have no explanation for the resolution of the problem, since I didn't change any settings or touch the convoys or anything along those lines.

John

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Bug -- All Commonwealth convoys converted to Unused Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI