Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[NO REPRO] Flight Tutorial - AAW 1 -Simple Air Intercept - Command V1.04

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [NO REPRO] Flight Tutorial - AAW 1 -Simple Air Intercept - Command V1.04 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[NO REPRO] Flight Tutorial - AAW 1 -Simple Air Intercep... - 2/6/2022 2:20:14 PM   
Tom_

Hi Folks,

Playing with the AAW1 tutorial scenario and just want to check something.

I understand the premise of the tutorial is to conduct a basic air intercept and destroy the UAV.
The tutorial also covers using 1 missile (Python 5) to do the job - no need for an overkill when it has circa 95% PH.

However, I decided to instruct my F-16 to engage with his cannon only (why waste a good missile!) - which he correctly did, in one attack run, destroying the UAV.

However in the message log it records; Weapon: Python 5#631 is attacking Shahed - 129 UAV with a base PH of 95%. Final PH: 95%. Result: 42 - HIT.

I went to the weapons loadout of my F-16 and it still has 4 Pythons and 4/5 20mm Vulcan rounds.

In conclusion the aircraft did indeed attack with his cannon despite what the message log says.
Does this mean the simulator is giving the cannon an increased Air PoH? 95% Vs 70%. Or is it just a message error?

< Message edited by Dimitris -- 2/13/2022 7:07:07 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Flight Tutorial - AAW 1 -Simple Air Intercept - Com... - 2/6/2022 3:42:59 PM   
stww2

It sounds like "Python #5" is the shooting aircraft's callsign.

(in reply to Tom_)
Post #: 2
RE: Flight Tutorial - AAW 1 -Simple Air Intercept - Com... - 2/7/2022 11:42:40 AM   
ultradave

Python is the missile. A scenario based in northern Israel. So that is kind of odd.

Dave

----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"

(in reply to stww2)
Post #: 3
RE: Flight Tutorial - AAW 1 -Simple Air Intercept - Com... - 2/7/2022 7:32:10 PM   
Tom_

So I went back to the tutorial to try and re-create the issue - and I cant...
I was very careful to make sure the information I typed in the opening post was as accurate as I could make it, so its actually frustrating I cant give more evidence!
Now when the F16 attacks the Vulcan burst is recorded accurately. - Albeit often taken 2 or 3 attempts. The original attack in the opening post resulted in the UAV being destroyed in the first pass..

Oh well..

(in reply to ultradave)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [NO REPRO] Flight Tutorial - AAW 1 -Simple Air Intercept - Command V1.04 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI