Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

October 24-1941

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> October 24-1941 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
October 24-1941 - 2/6/2022 8:39:33 PM   
Zeckke

I have played SC (first the game only in Europe) since years and finally i have to say that is a great game

but its even better game (for axis) if you surrender England.

i have bought the game also in STEAM version 13.01 and for axis is even worst

i really enjoy playing germans against russians once Britain is out

as always start conquering Edimburg then manchester and finally London and England is gone

so invest in amphibious transports and with the two german parachutes units is almost done

The AI dont take care of edimburg too much

so for the game once you surrender Britain soon you just want alwaysto repeat and The AI is not silly, they put you more efforts

for allys is always to defend Britain, am the opinion that neather USA neather URSS are important in this game, the important army are the the ENGLANDER and they are the key in this SCWaW

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: October 24-1941 - 2/6/2022 11:59:05 PM   
Raptor341

Try that against a human opponent. You take one step on my beloved England and I'll show you what is coming for the axis! On a serious point, invading England is normally a terrible idea for the axis as a good Allied player will punish you for any such attempt. By contrast, my favourite thing to do in SC is to hold France through 1940 and then watch the axis panic (not an easy task to be sure, but possible).

(in reply to Zeckke)
Post #: 2
RE: October 24-1941 - 2/7/2022 9:45:41 AM   
Zeckke

...the same ; try you against the AI harder and tellme.

against and opponent human, what is a mistake of this game is that a human can control USA and URSS at the same time so thats allows great britain to be stronger as it was

(in reply to Raptor341)
Post #: 3
RE: October 24-1941 - 2/7/2022 4:56:18 PM   
havoc1371

I try to always build three fallschirmjäger's for invading Low Countries/France. After their initial jumps, and if France is in the final stages (taking Paris in the next turn or so), I replenish them and have then near the coast, and select a few armies/corps and one HQ to occupy French, Belgian, and Dutch ports. Either as France surrenders, or shortly after, I have fighters and bombers recon or bomb London and the southern ports. If the Allied player has poorly garrisoned southern England (which is often the case while France is still in play), then I will drop the FJ's in empty ports, or bomb a garrison out of existence and then drop. This immediately opens a port for transports, as they usually have 5+ points after being captured. If my opponent has properly garrisoned England, then I forget about it and move on.

Key is that you must be sure you can seize and exploit a port with transports. That means having subs and ships ready to control the English Channel. Also, you will trigger the U.S. to accelerate their prepping for war, so be ready for an early entry possibly.

Seizing one or two English ports and exploiting with multiple corps and armies can cripple the English efforts, as it reduces their mpp's, preempts the Yugoslavian coup event, and removes a base for U.S. build up. But it will reduce your forces for Barbarossa, so build extra corps/armies prior to spring 1941 (which means sacrificing some research and upgrading of units).

(in reply to Zeckke)
Post #: 4
RE: October 24-1941 - 2/7/2022 7:08:19 PM   
Zeckke

all right¡. the paratroops are the key for invading Britain, just when Paris falls and Vichy is formed, then jump into britain ports and get size 5, with 6 infantry german divisions and 4 units panzer plus 2 units stukas and one bomber with 3 units fighthers,just do the lion operation mixed with the battle of britain air; and the amphibious units drive to Edimburg at the same time with paratroops.

(in reply to havoc1371)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> October 24-1941 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI