Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Vigor-Readiness recovery bug??

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive >> Tech Support >> Vigor-Readiness recovery bug?? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Vigor-Readiness recovery bug?? - 2/5/2022 4:40:30 PM   
Jagger2002

Playing a St Vith PBEM as US. I gradually noticed units were really dropping in both vigor and readiness...more than in previous games and particularly artillery. So I noted the readiness and vigor of a number of artillery units. It was daytime and I selected units which were not currently adjacent to enemy units. I set their standing orders to never fire intercept and I did not move them.

The next turn, I saw minimal readiness and vigor recovery. One unit was at 64Vigor/64Read and 70V/70R on next turn. So unit only recovered 6 vigor and 6 readiness in the turn. Another unit was at 81V/81R and went to 90V/90R. So unit only recovered 9 vigor and 9 readiness. These recovery numbers are far less than I expected from units which had not moved or fired nor were adjacent to enemy units.

The supply situation in the St Vith scenario for US troops is pretty bad. And those units, as are most US units, were in yellow supply. So possible that non-green supply had an impact on the vigor and readiness recovery???? If not, it seems we may have a bug.
Post #: 1
RE: Vigor-Readiness recovery bug?? - 2/5/2022 7:50:48 PM   
Jagger2002

On the next turn, I tracked an infantry unit which was at 37V, 37R located behind the lines and with no movement. It increased to 48V,48R. So it only gained 11 vigor and 11 readiness in one turn. Supply range was at 75%.

Tracking more units for the next turn.

< Message edited by Jagger2002 -- 2/5/2022 7:53:11 PM >

(in reply to Jagger2002)
Post #: 2
RE: Vigor-Readiness recovery bug?? - 2/8/2022 2:16:48 PM   
FlyingEagle

From what I learned from the manual and from gameplay: Vigor/readiness recovery is dependent from supply level and it recovers less the more the value has already dropped.

Your data above seems to confirm these game rules.

(in reply to Jagger2002)
Post #: 3
RE: Vigor-Readiness recovery bug?? - 2/9/2022 2:51:39 AM   
Jagger2002

quote:

From what I learned from the manual and from gameplay: Vigor/readiness recovery is dependent from supply level and it recovers less the more the value has already dropped.

I see readiness recovery influenced by supply. I couldn't find a reference to supply influencing vigor recovery. I am about to start a new pBEM in a couple days. I will be watching vigor and readiness like a hawk. I have played quite a few games now and this is the first game I have noted extreme loss of vigor and readiness. It is a substantial departure from what I was seeing prior to patch 1.01. I suspect something significant changed in 1.01 which has impacted vigor/readiness recovery and I am not sure what or if it is just a bug.

(in reply to FlyingEagle)
Post #: 4
RE: Vigor-Readiness recovery bug?? - 2/9/2022 7:36:14 AM   
Vic

Feel free to send a save game to vic@vrdesigns.net

I get the save game... press next turn and look at unit X...

Just let me know the unit and get me the save game..

Please link to this thread in the email and i'll report back

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Jagger2002)
Post #: 5
RE: Vigor-Readiness recovery bug?? - 2/9/2022 2:34:04 PM   
Jagger2002

Thanks Vic. I will need a day or two to get it together but I will forward problem turns to you.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 6
RE: Vigor-Readiness recovery bug?? - 2/9/2022 3:35:22 PM   
Vic

Thanks. Its the best way to determine if there is a glitch/bug OR if (in-game) docs require update OR you just missed something

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Jagger2002)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive >> Tech Support >> Vigor-Readiness recovery bug?? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI