Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Operation Catapult

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> The War Room >> Operation Catapult Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Operation Catapult - 2/8/2022 1:49:51 PM   
rkr1958

It's July/August 1940, Paris is axis controlled and all French home ports except for Ajaccio in Corsica are either axis (German or Italian) controlled or occupied by CW units. I have 4 French BBs in the North Sea that are returning to base.

The only valid port in range for the 4 French BBs to return to is Torshavn, Faeores. If I return them there then my opponent will benefit from a -2 DRM when/if rolling for Vichy/Free France determination of France's colonies/administration groups.

I really don't want that so I devise my own "Operation Catapult" prior even to the armistice between Germany and France. Instead of the HMS Hood, Resolution & Valiant firing on the French fleet in Mers-El-Kébir, Algeria; it's the "powerful" RN CA Terror forcing them out of sheer Terror to scuttle when trying to enter Torshavn.

What I did in game terms was to first return a CW ship, in this case the CA Terror, to Torshavn thus "locking" out the 4 French BBs from being able to return to any valid port in range and thus forcing them to be destroyed.

"Provence was destroyed. There was no valid hex for Provence, belonging to France, and its owner chose to destroy it."

"Jean Bart was destroyed. There was no valid hex for Jean Bart, belonging to France, and its owner chose to destroy it."

"Bretagne was destroyed. There was no valid hex for Bretagne, belonging to France, and its owner chose to destroy it."

"Lorraine was destroyed. There was no valid hex for Lorraine, belonging to France, and its owner chose to destroy it."

I think Winston would be proud. Though, I will have egg on my face if my opponent decides not to install Vichy.

Attachment (1)

Ronnie
Post #: 1
RE: Operation Catapult - 2/8/2022 7:19:53 PM   
Angeldust2

It seems, MWIF considers BB Strasbourg, docked in Ajaccio, outside of Metropolitan France, reason enough to offer the -2 drm upon Vichy creation.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Angeldust2 -- 2/8/2022 8:50:15 PM >

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 2
RE: Operation Catapult - 2/9/2022 6:11:54 PM   
rkr1958

quote:

ORIGINAL: Angeldust2

It seems, MWIF considers BB Strasbourg, docked in Ajaccio, outside of Metropolitan France, reason enough to offer the -2 drm upon Vichy creation.

Live & learn.

I guess France wasn't too happy with Terror forcing them to scuttle 4 BBs. They definitely took it out on Winston by all groups going Vichy.

Ronnie

(in reply to Angeldust2)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> The War Room >> Operation Catapult Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI