Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AI contact classification [scenario editing]

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> AI contact classification [scenario editing] Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AI contact classification [scenario editing] - 2/10/2022 10:48:22 PM   
Craigkn

I am working on a scenario where I would ideally like the AI to classify contacts before firing weapons. The AI side (Russia) has a number of Mobile jammers with ELINT (1L257 Krashua-4), and during my testing the "human" side is operating radars - so I assumed that the ELINT site would classify the contact based on the radar being used, but its not working as well as I had hoped. I flew an AWACS to Russian airspace, directly to the 1L257, and it was not classified as an E-3G until 38.6nm, and not by the ELINT sensor, but by a LLTV on a OSA-AKM battalion. None of the closer units seem to have the ability to classify a contact. Is there a better ELINT sensor I can use, or should I set the AI to AutoSideID? The manual did not delve into this enough to help, so sorry if the answer is obvious.

Edit: I think I solved this by giving the Russians better ELINT sites, in this case a 85V6 Vega / Orion systems, which classified the contact at 110nm. I am now assuming that the ELINT capabilities of the 1L257 Krashua-4 are sub par - however, in the database, the two different ELINT systems have the same stats (-/500nm, scan interval 20).

< Message edited by Craigkn -- 2/10/2022 11:00:16 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: AI contact classification [scenario editing] - 2/11/2022 10:56:39 AM   
KnightHawk75

quote:

Edit: I think I solved this by giving the Russians better ELINT sites, in this case a 85V6 Vega / Orion systems, which classified the contact at 110nm. I am now assuming that the ELINT capabilities of the 1L257 Krashua-4 are sub par - however, in the database, the two different ELINT systems have the same stats (-/500nm, scan interval 20).

The basic stats, yes, but not other feature and role tags. The Vega has Precision Emitter ID feature flag the, the 1L257 4 does not, that would be one reason you would get a different result with classifications with the two different systems that are on the surface spec'd the same. The roles are also tagged different ELS vs. ELINT, though I can't say if matters in this situation.

(in reply to Craigkn)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> AI contact classification [scenario editing] Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI