Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: toodle pip

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> RE: toodle pip Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: toodle pip - 2/11/2022 3:46:58 PM   
Rosencrantus

Look forward to you coming back then. I think it is important for the community to be less tolerant of some the more egregious posts here. Though I'm not sure exactly what we can do aside from just shunning them or whatever.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 31
RE: toodle pip - 2/11/2022 4:34:14 PM   
baloo7777

loki,
I place enormous weight on your well-thought-out and easily understood answers.I will miss your time away from this forum, and wish you the best.

JRR

(in reply to Rosencrantus)
Post #: 32
RE: toodle pip - 2/11/2022 5:50:52 PM   
StratmanWITX

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikel

The manual is a masterpiece.

I wonder whether there is a better one in wargaming history.

Agree.
WITE2` manual is a diamond.
I have something to compare it with. Those who like me and Nikel play and love ageod games knows what I mean.
Now I'm studying WITE2 hard and Loki's posts always helped me a lot!
I believe he will come back. This great game is worth more than a grudge against jokers.

Regards,
Stratman

(in reply to Nikel)
Post #: 33
RE: toodle pip - 2/11/2022 6:14:56 PM   
angelsdodgers

Loki, I just wanted to say thanks for all your help. I search out your responses to learn all aspects of the game. It's always faster to have an expert explain what's happening instead of having to figure it out myself! I've been playing Gary's games for longer than I want to admit and your help and support has been exceptional. When dealing with the public it always seems that the complainers rule because most of us who value your contributions tend to just read and enjoy them. Hopefully you can see from all the positive responses in this chain that your contributions are really appreciated. I'm hoping you can find your way back to helping all of us enjoy this remarkable game.

Sincerely,

angelsdodgers

(in reply to StratmanWITX)
Post #: 34
RE: toodle pip - 2/11/2022 6:27:17 PM   
EwaldvonKleist

I agree that the manual is great, very good work by loki100.

(in reply to angelsdodgers)
Post #: 35
RE: toodle pip - 2/11/2022 6:34:07 PM   
DarkHorse2

quote:

ORIGINAL: RedLancer

quote:

More persons had to leave the forum because of some kind of "bullying"?

What is going on in this forum, where are the moderators?

Other than Matrix employees there is me and Joel. Joel is focussed on game development and I have a hugely busy day job and since release you can see I have posted very rarely and have also stepped away from any game development. I only step in when asked or incensed. Well here I am...

I feel the same as Roger (loki100). The behaviour of a vocal minority on this forum is caustic. However, in most instances, it falls short of requiring active moderation. When I have stepped in I too have been subject to PM abuse. I'm not afraid to take on a challenge - Pelton, Hanny and Sauron II no longer post having chosen to cross me.

Some may know that I have been a military policeman for almost 30 years and here's the rub - successful policing only operates in a consensual environment. The poor behaviour persists because the community is too tolerant of those whose attitude is unacceptable. It's your forum.

I'll make this observation for those who find aspects of the game frustrating and want to see things changed: rude ranting, rabble rousing and egotistical posturing on this forum is way less effective than empirical evidence (with saves) that Joel, Gary and Pavel can use to decide on appropriate changes and adjust the code.

Sauron II left the forum and no longer posts due to how pathologically defensive of constructive criticism and how hypocritical you guys were in attacking individuals, by name, when you choose.

Case in point is naming people now who are no longer around to contest your misstatements or defend themselves. Guess you think it is safe now, huh?

That should be beneath you and other Matrix employees.

This forum is not aware that Loki was close to getting banned on Steam due his own abusive behavior, yet now is claiming to be a victim?

Some of us do not forget.

(in reply to RedLancer)
Post #: 36
RE: toodle pip - 2/11/2022 7:38:27 PM   
tyronec

Am very aware of all your good work towards improving the game and helping and advising new players. Much appreciated !!!!

(in reply to DarkHorse2)
Post #: 37
RE: toodle pip - 2/11/2022 8:45:11 PM   
RedLancer

quote:

ORIGINAL: DarkHorse2

quote:

ORIGINAL: RedLancer

quote:

More persons had to leave the forum because of some kind of "bullying"?

What is going on in this forum, where are the moderators?

Other than Matrix employees there is me and Joel. Joel is focussed on game development and I have a hugely busy day job and since release you can see I have posted very rarely and have also stepped away from any game development. I only step in when asked or incensed. Well here I am...

I feel the same as Roger (loki100). The behaviour of a vocal minority on this forum is caustic. However, in most instances, it falls short of requiring active moderation. When I have stepped in I too have been subject to PM abuse. I'm not afraid to take on a challenge - Pelton, Hanny and Sauron II no longer post having chosen to cross me.

Some may know that I have been a military policeman for almost 30 years and here's the rub - successful policing only operates in a consensual environment. The poor behaviour persists because the community is too tolerant of those whose attitude is unacceptable. It's your forum.

I'll make this observation for those who find aspects of the game frustrating and want to see things changed: rude ranting, rabble rousing and egotistical posturing on this forum is way less effective than empirical evidence (with saves) that Joel, Gary and Pavel can use to decide on appropriate changes and adjust the code.

Sauron II left the forum and no longer posts due to how pathologically defensive of constructive criticism and how hypocritical you guys were in attacking individuals, by name, when you choose.

Case in point is naming people now who are no longer around to contest your misstatements or defend themselves. Guess you think it is safe now, huh?

That should be beneath you and other Matrix employees.

This forum is not aware that Loki was close to getting banned on Steam due his own abusive behavior, yet now is claiming to be a victim?

Some of us do not forget.

Thank you so very much for proving the point that I made and reinforcing why loki100's decision to take a break is understandable.

Let's examine the facts so the forum can judge appropriately.

I moderated the thread here: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=5119618

This was a clear violation of forum rule 5 and my approach was what I describe as a strong shot across the bows. It wasn't the first fracas between Sauron II and loki100 but one I judged as a moderator to have crossed the line. I'm struggling to find any constructive criticism to which you refer in the comment I took issue with.

The immediate response I received by PM was this:

I don't find the insults or derogatory statements made by him amusing either.
Or how he behaved on steam.
Or how toxic these forums are.
I see how you protect your own.
Just go ahead ban me.
I'm done here.

I made no response because there was no protection - just an enforcement of the rules. The Sauron II profile is now DeletedUser44 with the last login on the profile on that same day (22 Dec 21). My statement above is 100% accurate - in response to being moderated by me Sauron II no longer posts. You are wrong in two respects: claiming I have made a misstatement or that I am a Matrix employee.

You must think I fell out of the stupid tree. You didn't join until 4 Feb 22 and now here you are representing Sauron II with implied threats. I note loki100's comment in Post #2 here : https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=5142186&mpage=1&key=�

Given the tenor of this thread, with overwhelming support towards loki100, I realise perhaps I should have done more for the community.

So, I remind you of Rule 8 that you signed up to: No rude or disrespectful posts to or about any forum moderators or Matrix Games Staff. We will not tolerate any forum member acting in this manner.

Once again my advice is just to stop.

John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

(in reply to DarkHorse2)
Post #: 38
RE: toodle pip - 2/11/2022 9:54:35 PM   
Nikel

quote:

ORIGINAL: DarkHorse2

I do not know the steam story.

But I do know his behaviour in Ageod forum along the years in the games he liked more, Pride of Nations, Rise of Prussia,... exactly the same I have seen in this forum: resourceful, participative in solving questions, creating AARs and helping the developers.

(in reply to DarkHorse2)
Post #: 39
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> RE: toodle pip Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI