Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Stealing technology...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Coming Soon] >> Distant Worlds 2 >> Stealing technology... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Stealing technology... - 2/12/2022 2:08:45 PM   
Jorgen_CAB

This is another one of those things I really don't like... this mechanic reveal WAY too much information about the streangth of opponent empires.

Can you possibly change this so spies only steal within a certain area and you randomly steal a technology within it. The area would be the same as your research bonuses or something.

I really don't like being able to see exactly what technologies other empires possess.

Once we stolen some specific technology I would be fine with that we can continue to try and steal more of that specific type. Or if we have enough trade or diplomatic ties that we know what technologies they have we could select more direct techs.

In general I think the game should be better at hiding enemy strength so we have to explore and find it out. Wither through scouting, spying, trading or diplomacy.

Perhaps a future expansion as I understand it will not be now, but I think this would make the game experience way more interesting.
Post #: 1
RE: Stealing technology... - 2/12/2022 2:42:23 PM   
zgrssd

This should propably be a setting. Actually I had a few Ideas for tech trading options - and Stealing is just Tech Trading of another flavor

(in reply to Jorgen_CAB)
Post #: 2
RE: Stealing technology... - 2/12/2022 2:52:07 PM   
Jorgen_CAB

I would like an option that instead of trading technology in a one for one basis you would instead get technology transfusion based on your overall trade volume and type of trade agreements. You should only be able to gain direct military technology if you are allied for example.

In general I don't like technology trade the way it work, if feels a bit gamey and is a bit too easily exploited. I know I can turn it off, but trading or exchange of technology is still pretty realistic, but not the way it generally work in the game.

I also think that the value of Independent colonies seem way to high, the value of these colonies has to be more in line with how close they are to the one you try to sell the information too. It seem a bit gamey to sell the location of an independent colony halfway across the galaxy to someone for 100k or more when that information is next to useless to the one paying for it.

< Message edited by Jorgen_CAB -- 2/12/2022 2:53:55 PM >

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Coming Soon] >> Distant Worlds 2 >> Stealing technology... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI