Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Supply-cities

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Warplan Pacific >> Supply-cities Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Supply-cities - 2/12/2022 11:01:43 PM   
phildove

My understanding of the rules was that 10 pt. cities served as a source of supply.
Two questions:

Playing the Japanese and having a pretty good game, I managed to run a cavalry division around the line to capture Chengtu (10 point city). Long story short, the cavalry unit surrendered after a couple of turns due to lack of supply (even after I air dropped supplies one turn) Why would that be?

Similarly, I had captured Lanchow, also a 10 pt. city. Partisans cut the rail line from the coast to that city but it was 'behind my lines' and yet a division city in the city itself was out of supply and had to retreat toward supply lines. Why would that be?
Post #: 1
RE: Supply-cities - 2/12/2022 11:40:34 PM   
*Lava*

quote:

ORIGINAL: phildove

My understanding of the rules was that 10 pt. cities served as a source of supply.
Two questions:

Playing the Japanese and having a pretty good game, I managed to run a cavalry division around the line to capture Chengtu (10 point city). Long story short, the cavalry unit surrendered after a couple of turns due to lack of supply (even after I air dropped supplies one turn) Why would that be?

Similarly, I had captured Lanchow, also a 10 pt. city. Partisans cut the rail line from the coast to that city but it was 'behind my lines' and yet a division city in the city itself was out of supply and had to retreat toward supply lines. Why would that be?

The number in the city is the quantity of resources it produces. To know what is a main supply source you need to click on supply and it will have a green hexagon.

Even a main supply source can be cut off from supply. You need to be constantly looking at the supply situation because if the road/rail link is red, no supply will pass through that area.

In many cases, if you are capturing an area, the supply links will show red. A couple will repair automatically per turn, but most times it is necessary to have a unit either directly on the damaged infrastructure, or next to it. I normally have anywhere from 3 to 4 divisions or HQs in the rear on rail hexes so I can move them quickly to any hex destroyed in the rear. At the front, the damaged infrastructure is meant to keep the player from moving deep into the rear of the enemy.

(in reply to phildove)
Post #: 2
RE: Supply-cities - 2/12/2022 11:47:08 PM   
Solaristics

Japanese units can't draw supply from Chinese supply sources, they can only draw supply from Chinese ports being supplied from Japan. I asked the same question a while back here and this was the response I got from the dev.

(in reply to phildove)
Post #: 3
RE: Supply-cities - 2/12/2022 11:57:46 PM   
*Lava*

From the Japanese perspective, if you look at the map, the only green major supply sources are in Japan. Everything else uses major supply ports, with the yellow rings around them.

(in reply to Solaristics)
Post #: 4
RE: Supply-cities - 2/18/2022 11:08:29 PM   
phildove

ah, that makes sense, I guess. I just didn't see it in the rules but appreciate the response

(in reply to *Lava*)
Post #: 5
RE: Supply-cities - 7/18/2023 2:26:08 PM   
Jeebo

Okay, now I feel dumb for not figuring it out... Thought game was bugged

(in reply to phildove)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Warplan Pacific >> Supply-cities Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI