Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Broken Slitherine won't let me buy anything

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Broken Slitherine won't let me buy anything Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Broken Slitherine won't let me buy anything - 2/15/2022 2:33:10 AM   
GiveWarAchance

I tried 4 times to buy a few games and got 4 errors with no explanation. I hope to god you didn't take my money 4 times. And you made me re-log in many times clicking on stupid images of fire hydrants and tractors. WTF is wrong this archaic site?

Why advertise games you won't let us buy? Why torture customers with that idiotic picture clicking task over & over? Just to check if there is a patch for a game - back to the fire hydrant again making me feel like a dog that drinks too much.

I tried to buy on slitherine instead of steam cause they are turning into a monopoly, but I guess steam is the only way to buy games now. Goodbye slitherine and whatever corruption you are engaging in.
Post #: 1
RE: Broken Slitherine won't let me buy anything - 2/15/2022 2:47:31 AM   
Erik Rutins

Hi GiveWarAchance,

I can only stay that our store is working and processing many orders a day. Believe me, we're not trying to make it hard for anyone to order.

Please give you support an e-mail at support@matrixgames.com. They are there every day and can work with you to figure out why our store was not allowing you to place an order and what caused the errors.

Once a game is purchased, it's automatically registered and it's easy to re-download it or download any updates for it. Something's clearly not working for you but our support may be able to help. Please drop them a line.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to GiveWarAchance)
Post #: 2
RE: Broken Slitherine won't let me buy anything - 2/15/2022 3:07:44 AM   
zgrssd

quote:

Why torture customers with that idiotic picture clicking task over & over? Just to check if there is a patch for a game - back to the fire hydrant again making me feel like a dog that drinks too much.

That is a CAPTCHA.

It has been a while since I saw what is used, but from what you describe it is with 99% certainty googles reCaptcha.
Which by default saves a cookie to make sure you do not have to fill it every login at every website that uses it.

Also 99% of all login/session systems work via cookies, the one for the store being no exception.

If it was just one not working, I could chalk it up to the site being overloaded.

But if both do not work, there is definitely some issue with your browser not accepting, retaining or send out cookies.
Which would also explain your issues with buyign stuff. It is not realy possible for any shop system to work, if your browser will not tell it for what user this order is (because it keeps dropping the login cookie).

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 2/15/2022 3:08:52 AM >

Post #: 3
RE: Broken Slitherine won't let me buy anything - 2/15/2022 10:54:29 AM   
TorenAltair

In case you wanted to pay with Paypal: I got non-telling errors as well. I assume because my Email address is different here than my Paypal address. Additionally I hade to make sure that each field in the invoice form is filled out. Then I could pay with a credit card.

(in reply to ginana22)
Post #: 4
RE: Broken Slitherine won't let me buy anything - 2/15/2022 12:15:09 PM   
Zap

Talking about support matrix. I tried to get matrix support but it sends me to slitherine support. I've been waiting for a physical copy of CS Vietnam several weeks now. I felt at the time of purchase being shipped from England was going to be a problem, I was proven right. So I sent it in to slitherine help. Hopefully they can track it down.

(in reply to TorenAltair)
Post #: 5
RE: Broken Slitherine won't let me buy anything - 2/15/2022 1:33:37 PM   
mainsworthy

googles reCaptcha is trying to test weather your a bot, i have found this problem all over the net not related to matrix,this problem normaly ocurs when you get the first wrong, i have had some sucess after the failed try, by deliberatly getting it wrong the the next time doing it right, it appears that when you keep getting it right its stuck in a loop, so getting it wrong breaks out of it, i program so i can spot these things. if that does not work i have a second browser installed crome , its amazing the problems a second browser can fix. I also would try restarting PC, im sure you would rather have these bot checks rather than the security flaws of the 90s, i know its a pain, but we enjoy a lot of freedom online because of these checks.

< Message edited by mainsworthy -- 2/15/2022 1:38:46 PM >

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 6
RE: Broken Slitherine won't let me buy anything - 2/15/2022 3:49:26 PM   
Greybriar

quote:

ORIGINAL: GiveWarAchance

I tried 4 times to buy a few games and got 4 errors with no explanation. I hope to god you didn't take my money 4 times. And you made me re-log in many times clicking on stupid images of fire hydrants and tractors. WTF is wrong this archaic site?

Why advertise games you won't let us buy? Why torture customers with that idiotic picture clicking task over & over? Just to check if there is a patch for a game - back to the fire hydrant again making me feel like a dog that drinks too much.

I tried to buy on slitherine instead of steam cause they are turning into a monopoly, but I guess steam is the only way to buy games now. Goodbye slitherine and whatever corruption you are engaging in.

You may have a browser add-on that is causing you the problem. In the past I had to disable NoScript Security Suite because it was preventing me from making purchases at numerous online storefronts.

This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee

Post #: 7
RE: Broken Slitherine won't let me buy anything - 2/15/2022 4:46:53 PM   
mainsworthy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zap

Talking about support matrix. I tried to get matrix support but it sends me to slitherine support. I've been waiting for a physical copy of CS Vietnam several weeks now. I felt at the time of purchase being shipped from England was going to be a problem, I was proven right. So I sent it in to slitherine help. Hopefully they can track it down.

they have an email address support@matrixgames.com you prob know about but worth mentioning.

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 8
RE: Broken Slitherine won't let me buy anything - 2/15/2022 6:44:57 PM   
Zap

quote:

ORIGINAL: mainsworthy

quote:

they have an email address support@matrixgames.com you prob know about but worth mentioning.

Yes I'm aware of it. But in this instance I was on the matrix page clicked on helpdesk it gave me slitherine support. So, it was something on this site that sent me to slitherine support as opposed to matrix support.

(in reply to mainsworthy)
Post #: 9
RE: Broken Slitherine won't let me buy anything - 2/15/2022 8:49:42 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Zap,

quote:

Matrix and Slitherine support are the same people. Shipping these days has become a lot more unpredictable for sure. Have you received a reply from support to help track down your shipment or are you still waiting?

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 10
RE: Broken Slitherine won't let me buy anything - 2/15/2022 9:32:12 PM   
Zap

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi Zap,

quote:

Matrix and Slitherine support are the same people. Shipping these days has become a lot more unpredictable for sure. Have you received a reply from support to help track down your shipment or are you still waiting?

Regards,

- Erik

Hello Erik,
Automated response with a ticket reference number. Ill wait for some info.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Broken Slitherine won't let me buy anything Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI