Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What The F!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive >> What The F! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What The F! - 2/14/2022 11:37:34 PM   
TokyoDan

I was just about to buy Ardennes Offensive at the 15% discount. And a few hours ago it showed that the sale would last another 19 hours. Now when I finally go to hit the BUY button it shows that there is no discount. That sucks big time.
Post #: 1
RE: What The F! - 2/15/2022 7:06:06 PM   
vege1

It is still on sale in Steam for the next 46 hours. So, no worries, you can still get it for a good price.

(in reply to TokyoDan)
Post #: 2
RE: What The F! - 2/15/2022 10:02:57 PM   
TokyoDan

No. I like to buy Slitherine/Matrix games from here because the games can be run without Steam. I own the game and if Steam ever goes out of business the game is still mine. With Steam, although it is a one-time payment, you are effectively 'renting' the game.

(in reply to vege1)
Post #: 3
RE: What The F! - 2/15/2022 10:39:44 PM   
ernieschwitz

quote:

ORIGINAL: TokyoDan

No. I like to buy Slitherine/Matrix games from here because the games can be run without Steam. I own the game and if Steam ever goes out of business the game is still mine. With Steam, although it is a one-time payment, you are effectively 'renting' the game.

Plus Steam takes a percentage of the sales, which leaves less for the developer.

Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
    Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.

Try this Global WW2 Scenario: GD1938v3

(in reply to TokyoDan)
Post #: 4
RE: What The F! - 2/15/2022 11:50:30 PM   
TokyoDan

Yeah. And I got a 35% Loyality coupon here that I was going to use. But I guess I have to wait until the next time this game has at least a 15% discount. If that day doesn't come I won't buy the game. I want it but don't need it as I have hundreds of other games I have yet to play.

(in reply to ernieschwitz)
Post #: 5
RE: What The F! - 2/16/2022 1:18:12 PM   
okeefe

Steam is not going anywhere anytime soon, so if you don't get a 6 dollar discount you will never play this game, got it.

(in reply to TokyoDan)
Post #: 6
RE: What The F! - 2/16/2022 8:40:31 PM   
gamer78

quote:

ORIGINAL: ernieschwitz

quote:

Plus Steam takes a percentage of the sales, which leaves less for the developer.

If only Dutch playing this game I'll undertand. You understand wrong Steam potential.

Post #: 7
RE: What The F! - 2/16/2022 10:13:46 PM   
ernieschwitz

quote:

ORIGINAL: gamer78

quote:

ORIGINAL: ernieschwitz
quote:

If only Dutch playing this game I'll undertand. You understand wrong Steam potential.

Not sure I get that comment... Are you getting Dutch and Danes confused (I am a Dane), or what? I understand that steam has a lot of potential for a developer. You sell it for less, receive less, but have a broader audience. In the end that might make up for it. But if you want to own your game, and support the developer, then you should buy a Matrix Copy not license a Steam Copy.

Advanced Tactics Gold

(in reply to gamer78)
Post #: 8
RE: What The F! - 2/17/2022 12:15:59 AM   
gamer78

No It is only about price, it is about 10 times price in Matrix I'm glad it is published in Steam now. Very solid wargame. I hope it gets further scenarious with this improved mechanics.

Post #: 9
RE: What The F! - 2/17/2022 12:37:16 AM   
ernieschwitz

On steam it sells for 28,89 euro's for me. On Matrix it sells for about 37 euro. I'll spot you a few eurocents and give you a difference of 10 euros. That in no way is 10 times the price. I'll admit you can get a good pizza for that price difference, but that is about it.

Advanced Tactics Gold

(in reply to gamer78)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive >> What The F! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI