Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Yugoslavia

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Yugoslavia Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Yugoslavia - 2/1/2022 11:23:13 PM   
Klhww2

In WiF, taking out Yugoslavia on the way back from Poland is very viable. This is especially true if Spain is in the offing. Is this common practice for SC:WaW? I could try it against AI, but we're playing soon head-to-head, so I thought I'd inquire.
Post #: 1
RE: Yugoslavia - 2/2/2022 2:56:54 PM   
havoc1371

I prefer to stick to historical precedence and not attack Yugoslavia until the coup, since it was a German minor ally about to join the Axis until the coup. But if you are playing without regard to history, then attack whenever you are ready but give yourself enough time to be able to move those troops into line for Barbarossa. Even if I was willing to toss history to the side, I prefer to be ready to attack the Low Countries and France by March/April 40, rather than sidetrack to Yugoslavia.

(in reply to Klhww2)
Post #: 2
RE: Yugoslavia - 2/15/2022 12:05:21 PM   
OxfordGuy3

One significant thing to be aware of, the Axis attacking Yugoslavia before the coup (i.e. before 1941) gives a pretty large mobilization increase towards the Allies for the Soviet Union (and also to Greece and to a lesser extent Turkey, this is perhaps acceptable in late 1940, but perhaps undesirable any earlier:

If Yugo attacked by Axis before 1941:

random 5-10% increase in USSR mobilization towards Allies:

random 30-45% increase in Greek mobilization towards Allies:

random 5-10% increase in Turkish mobilization towards Allies:

At least that's how it is for War in Europe

(in reply to Klhww2)
Post #: 3
RE: Yugoslavia - 2/15/2022 9:57:06 PM   
ThunderLizard11

Against AI maybe. In PBEM never seen it done as Axis is focused on knocking out France ASAP and Soviets would get a mobilization boost as OxfordGuy said.

(in reply to OxfordGuy3)
Post #: 4
RE: Yugoslavia - 2/16/2022 9:51:47 AM   
OxfordGuy3

quote:

ORIGINAL: ThunderLizard11

Against AI maybe. In PBEM never seen it done as Axis is focused on knocking out France ASAP and Soviets would get a mobilization boost as OxfordGuy said.

I've never seen it done either, though it's quite common for the Axis to attack Yugoslavia quite late in 1941, can be worth it, despite the Allied Mobilization boosts, to ensure troops are in position for Barbarossa on time for early 1941

(in reply to ThunderLizard11)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Yugoslavia Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI