Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Future DLCs and expansion plans

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Future DLCs and expansion plans Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Future DLCs and expansion plans - 2/16/2022 4:18:00 PM   
luigiamendola

It's obvious that this game has a lot of potencial for further expansion. Some Theater Boxes could be included in the game map as playable, and I am not talking only about Finland (although it's the most obvious option).
I couldn't find a thread where the developers talk about their plans, so I am asking fellow players to tell me what will problably happen, apart from the obvious polishing of the game in it's current state. Or one of the developers with a bit of time could answer himself (I will problably pay for whatever he does).
Thank you so much.

< Message edited by luigiamendola -- 2/16/2022 4:19:58 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Future DLCs and expansion plans - 2/16/2022 5:13:09 PM   
FriedrichII

This topic does also interest me very much.

I am hoping for an inclusion of the Theater Boxes as playable into the Grand Campaign. I would happily pay for these DLCs.
But my biggest dream would be WiE with the Western Allies also on the map. I think this would be the best wargame ever made in PC history.

My suggestion would be that every coming DLCs would allow to include one of the important TB boxes to be add playable into the GC scenario.
Therefore you could buy for example Finnland DLC and this unlocks Finnland map and Units, or North Africa for example.

In this way development could be payed by selling DLCs and in the End we would have with all DLCs something like WiE

That are my hopes and suggestions, but I have to admit that I do not know if this is technically possible or even intended.

My fear is that the DLCs in development will be something like smaller scenarios on a relatively small map. For example Finnland map with Soviet border regions not compatible with the Grand Campaign.

(in reply to luigiamendola)
Post #: 2
RE: Future DLCs and expansion plans - 2/16/2022 7:47:48 PM   
rocketman71

I would also like a GC that starts later in 41 at the historical front lines - so one can skip most of the initial "onslaught". Let's say mid October or so.

(in reply to FriedrichII)
Post #: 3
RE: Future DLCs and expansion plans - 2/17/2022 4:22:03 PM   
FriedrichII

Is there a reason why the future development plans are not discussed publicly?
Maybe this is a naive question, but I would like to understand it.

I could accept if it is their business strategy not to tell the community, because it is their company in which they can decide on their own what to do.

(in reply to rocketman71)
Post #: 4
RE: Future DLCs and expansion plans - 2/17/2022 6:10:38 PM   
EwaldvonKleist

quote:

ORIGINAL: FriedrichII

Is there a reason why the future development plans are not discussed publicly?
Maybe this is a naive question, but I would like to understand it.

I could accept if it is their business strategy not to tell the community, because it is their company in which they can decide on their own what to do.

If you announce something before it is ready there is always the risk of inflated expactions and following disappointment.

(in reply to FriedrichII)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Future DLCs and expansion plans Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI