Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

WITPLOADAE state

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> WITPLOADAE state Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WITPLOADAE state - 2/16/2022 11:47:59 AM   
morphin

Hi

WITPLOADAE.exe Version 8.6 works fine sofar.

You an use the /b switch to use a different delimiter but then the import will not be usable. So you are limited to use the default export delimiter. Can somebody confirm this? It would be good to use not the "," as delimiter because it is used in some Text fields....

there is also a new version 9.0. this version produce additional file "WITPCAM". but the import will be not usable (It seems it can not import the new cam file). What was the purpose for the Version 9.0?

I fear that this will probabely not getting fixed anymore... So for info for the people who use WITPLOADAE

Andy

Post #: 1
RE: WITPLOADAE state - 2/17/2022 2:49:22 AM   
Kull

I don't recall the details, but the DaBabes team (all former devs) added a number of new fields (primarily or even entirely focused on AA) which are utilized by the latest AndyMac updates (which are not just "AI" improvements but database fixes and enhancements). Anyway, the pre-v.9 versions of WitPLoad do not take account of these new fields.

(in reply to morphin)
Post #: 2
RE: WITPLOADAE state - 2/17/2022 6:48:23 AM   
morphin

HI
But Version 9.0 the import will not be usable as it will generate a corrupt witpcam file...

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 3
RE: WITPLOADAE state - 2/17/2022 3:12:32 PM   
Kull

I don't know what the "witpcam" file is, and a search of the WitP-AE game directory came up empty. That said, it seems that you and I were part of a thread in 2020 where there was a discussion on WitploadAE. The important takeway for you, is that v8.6 does have the ability to import the new fields, so don't worry about using v9.0. Read through that whole thread, because the last post describes the new fields and there's also a brief discussion on the need to use a different tool (WitplodAI) if you need AI file data (which WitploadAE ignores).

(in reply to morphin)
Post #: 4
RE: WITPLOADAE state - 2/17/2022 4:18:03 PM   
morphin

Thank's Kull
Version 9.0 produce an additional file "camXXX.dat" (WITPcamXXX.csv). This file contains (initially) 4 columns (RecordNumber,pilotMP,pilotHI,pilotOIL) and only 1 row.
But if you import the scenario again (witploadae.exe /i /sXXX) then the generated dat File seems to be corrupt and you will not be able to load the scenario.

So as workaround i keep the original camXXX.dat file and overwrite the generated one with the original and then you can load the scenario

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> WITPLOADAE state Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI