Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Strategic Command: World War I Patch v1.08.00

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> Strategic Command: World War I Patch v1.08.00 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Strategic Command: World War I Patch v1.08.00 - 2/17/2022 11:26:52 AM   
Edmon

A new patch is now available for Strategic Command: World War I.

Here is the full changelog:

GAME ENGINE
- Fixed an issue where PBEM++ Tournament scores were not preserved when saving progress mid turn. Scores would then only re-appear after ending the turn (Ajunta Pall).
- Fixed a UNIT production queue placement issue for the AI that would sometimes place an HQ adjacent to enemy units when better alternative positions were available (Josef Steppan)
- Fixed a controlled movement error where the unit would not move the full range of hexes in some cases (Laurenz)
- Fixed a controlled movement error where the unit would move its full range of hexes but not record any action point cost (Laurenz)
- Fixed another retreat error that did not have units retreat as optimally away from enemy units as they should (havoc1371)
- Fixed a rare (usually a first turn issue but only if the script exists) combat error where any AI units that moved into place via GUARD scripts did not record that they had 'moved', providing a blitz attack bonus for these units (Illbeard)
- Fixed a combat NM calcuation error for when a defending unit is attacked in port, the attacker no longer loses NM when the attacker does not suffer a strength point loss (Checksumchecks)
- Fixed a Production Lost error for when a country surrenders and moves its Government to a new country
- Fixed a Research log error that did not properly display the research advancements and progression of your side under Fog of War
- Fixed a 'shattered' from combat calculation error that did not update HQ experience, National Morale and MPPs graphs values (Checksumchecks)
- AI Medium Bombers will now attack in a sequence prior to AI Tactical Bombers (SittingDuck).
- Airships that damage resources will now show their attacks in the Strategic Bombing graph (Checksumchecks)

EDITOR
- Fixed an issue where Minor nations could not be set for DECISION event COUNTRY_ID values as it would throw an incorrect script compilation error (SittingDuck).
- Fixed an error when reorganizing Major Country IDs that did not properly update any applicably affected transport units (The Land)
- Fixed an error when reorganizing Major Country IDs that resulted in a CTD when shifting a major to the minor list (The Land)

1914 March on Paris and 1918 Ludendorff Offensive
- Eupen is now in Germany rather than Belgium (Checksumchecks).

1914 Call to Arms; 1914 Triple Alliance; 1917 Fate of Nations
- Added Liege as an alternative Capital for Belgium so that it can better resist an Entente invasion (pjg100).
- Added Amsterdam as an alternative Capital for the Netherlands (Checksumchecks).
- Removed the ability for Serbia to research Airships (Tanaka).

Slitherine Games - Community Manager - Italian Office

Any questions, concerns or comments about our Community Forums or Games? You are always welcome to drop me a PM.
Post #: 1
RE: Strategic Command: World War I Patch v1.08.00 - 2/17/2022 2:49:27 PM   
Hubert Cater

Just wanted to quickly add that this patch also includes a wonderful new Community Pack campaign by Rainer Klahold:

1913 - The Great Game, playable across a world map!

The campaign is currently designed for the Central Powers player only, with more details to be found in the 'Community Pack\Campaigns\_1913 The Great Game' subfolder via the 'The Great Game.rtf' document file.

Enjoy!
Hubert

< Message edited by Hubert Cater -- 2/17/2022 3:40:25 PM >

(in reply to Edmon)
Post #: 2
RE: Strategic Command: World War I Patch v1.08.00 - 2/18/2022 8:59:58 PM   
kirk23

Excellent news World War 1 World Map

Make it so!

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 3
RE: Strategic Command: World War I Patch v1.08.00 - 2/19/2022 1:32:20 AM   
CaesarAug

Very nice indeed! I was thinking of modding the World at War map for a World War I setting!
Thanks to Rainer, I have a head start!

My goodness… it looks like I’ll be spending more time with the editor…

< Message edited by CaesarAug -- 2/19/2022 1:35:36 AM >

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 4
RE: Strategic Command: World War I Patch v1.08.00 - 2/19/2022 2:06:47 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

Just wanted to quickly add that this patch also includes a wonderful new Community Pack campaign by Rainer Klahold:

The campaign is currently designed for the Central Powers player only, with more details to be found in the 'Community Pack\Campaigns\_1913 The Great Game' subfolder via the 'The Great Game.rtf' document file.

Enjoy!
Hubert

Very cool!

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 5
RE: Strategic Command: World War I Patch v1.08.00 - 2/20/2022 3:15:38 PM   
Keenan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

Enjoy!
Hubert

Very cool!

Indeed. Obviously a bit of polishing here and there could make it even better but it is absolutely impressive what is already here!

Still a bit lost on which kind of strategies can make sense but I expect the first playthrough will teach me some. (Skipped a detailed study of the decisions and scripted events for now. That`s on me.)

I could not find any thread on it in the Modding subforum, so I will post one question on the campaign here:
One thing I noticed is that "synthetic oil" research is activated but there seems no explanation in the rtf, what it actually does. Anyone who can help with this?

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 6
RE: Strategic Command: World War I Patch v1.08.00 - 2/21/2022 1:31:51 PM   
commandergren

I know the 1913 scenario is designed to be played as the Central Powers, but can it work playing PBEM against an opponent?

(in reply to Keenan)
Post #: 7
RE: Strategic Command: World War I Patch v1.08.00 - 2/22/2022 12:12:17 PM   
BillRunacre

Yes, I should think so, as it's just the Central Powers' AI scripting that isn't in place, which of course doesn't affect multiplayer.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to commandergren)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> Strategic Command: World War I Patch v1.08.00 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI