Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WarPlan Pacific - Allied Campaign (Video)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Warplan Pacific >> After Action Reports >> RE: WarPlan Pacific - Allied Campaign (Video) Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WarPlan Pacific - Allied Campaign (Video) - 2/14/2022 5:44:36 AM   
*Lava*

quote:

ORIGINAL: GiveWarAchance
I have that Ultimate General game but only played the first battle a few years ago.

For some unknown and inexplicable reason, the first battle of both the Union and Confederate campaigns, are 2 of the toughest scenarios you play.

(in reply to GiveWarAchance)
Post #: 31
RE: WarPlan Pacific - Allied Campaign (Video) - 2/14/2022 6:22:23 PM   
GiveWarAchance

Oh no. I was thinking the game would only get harder from there so I uninstalled it. I failed the battle a few times, then managed to capture the town which surprised me but the mission is still continuing with something I forget as Union side maybe a rebel counterattack.

(in reply to *Lava*)
Post #: 32
RE: WarPlan Pacific - Allied Campaign (Video) - 2/14/2022 7:11:33 PM   
*Lava*

quote:

ORIGINAL: GiveWarAchance

Oh no. I was thinking the game would only get harder from there so I uninstalled it. I failed the battle a few times, then managed to capture the town which surprised me but the mission is still continuing with something I forget as Union side maybe a rebel counterattack.

Yep, the rebs counterattack, but you also get reinforcements. Hold the town till the timer runs out and you are off. The next dozen battles are fairly easy and you even get AI allies.

Post #: 33
RE: WarPlan Pacific - Allied Campaign (Video) - 2/15/2022 1:06:08 AM   
*Lava*

Feb - Apr 1944. Haighpong falls in Indochina. Enewetak and Palau falls to our navy. All the while the silent service continues destroying the Japanese Merchant Marine.

Video link to Part 17:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2ANNvAvGI0

(in reply to *Lava*)
Post #: 34
RE: WarPlan Pacific - Allied Campaign (Video) - 2/15/2022 2:04:39 AM   
GiveWarAchance

Oh thanks for the info. I should retry Ultimate general again sometime.

I watched some of your video. Your fleet in Truk is GIGANTIC. I can understand why the IJN is hiding from you. Their navy would be evaporated by your monster fleet. That looks like a nice battle in the Thailand area. I like how you can afford to casually order two new strategic bomber groups on a whim. Where will you base them? I guess Japan's empire will be rolled back a lot more by the time those big airplanes deploy. I wonder if strategic bomber 1943 is B-17 or B-29? I guess an upgraded B-17 model.

I was thinking you have a lot of nations to manage. I would love to be able to set UK and Russia to AI control like in Strategic Command games while you manage the USA and China. Then it would feel like you have friends helping.

(in reply to *Lava*)
Post #: 35
RE: WarPlan Pacific - Allied Campaign (Video) - 2/15/2022 3:16:52 AM   
*Lava*

I think during the campaign I bought 7 CVL's, 1 BB, 3 or so CA's and at least 12 LR subs.

Since you can win a major victory without invading Japan, I am still concentrated on taking the victory points in China, the Pacific and the Philippines. I bought the strategic bombers because of the long time it takes to build them and I have no idea whether or not I will even use them.

I have never had the opportunity to invade Japan but there is a possibility that I may be able to do so in the game, though to be quite honest, time is not on my side.

Post #: 36
RE: WarPlan Pacific - Allied Campaign (Video) - 2/15/2022 6:51:08 PM   
*Lava*

Apr - Jun 1944. Kwajalein, Yap and Guam fall to the 5th fleet. The allies are creeping ever closer to the Philippines, while the Japanese Merchant Marine is almost totally destroyed.

Link to Part 18:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho3ezuveyJg

(in reply to *Lava*)
Post #: 37
RE: WarPlan Pacific - Allied Campaign (Video) - 2/15/2022 10:38:57 PM   
*Lava*

Jun - Aug 1944. The Chinese capture the strategic city of Chengsha while our Navy is caught in an off and on battle with a large Japanese force. Our submarines have destroyed all the Japanese Merchant Marine in a huge strategic blow.

Link to Part 19:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeK24hd5HH4

(in reply to *Lava*)
Post #: 38
RE: WarPlan Pacific - Allied Campaign (Video) - 2/16/2022 6:48:35 PM   
*Lava*

Sep - Dec 1944. The allies are on the offensive as China moves on Hong Kong and Manila in the Philippines falls. Strategic bombers are moving towards the theater as it may be necessary to invade Japan.

Link to Part 20:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dK7dcJqaKw

(in reply to *Lava*)
Post #: 39
RE: WarPlan Pacific - Allied Campaign (Video) - 2/17/2022 10:42:14 PM   
*Lava*

Dec 1944 - May 1945. Shanghai, Peking and Formosa falls to the Chinese as I begin a major blockade against Japanese held ports. The Chinese are moving into North Eastern China and it looks like the war may be soon over.

Link to Part 21:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iffTqaSbKXc

(in reply to *Lava*)
Post #: 40
RE: WarPlan Pacific - Allied Campaign (Video) - 2/17/2022 11:46:14 PM   
*Lava*

May - Sep 1945. Victory! We take the objectives of Iwo Jima and Habin, as our strategic bombers are attacking Japan and the Russians enter on the last move.

Link to Part 22:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFErUqhmXIk

(in reply to *Lava*)
Post #: 41
RE: WarPlan Pacific - Allied Campaign (Video) - 2/17/2022 11:54:41 PM   
*Lava*

In this video I go over the final game stats, some strategy, review gameplay and give one or two recommendations. My biggest wish would be to have an option to continue the game to the bitter end and have to capture Tokyo.

Link to the campaign review:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osB9eQTmiIw

(in reply to *Lava*)
Post #: 42
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Warplan Pacific >> After Action Reports >> RE: WarPlan Pacific - Allied Campaign (Video) Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI