Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Clash of Titans: Gunnulf (Axis) Vs ToxicThug11 (Grigory Kulik)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> After Action Reports >> Clash of Titans: Gunnulf (Axis) Vs ToxicThug11 (Grigory Kulik) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Clash of Titans: Gunnulf (Axis) Vs ToxicThug11 (Grigory... - 2/15/2022 11:06:44 AM   
ToxicThug11

I agreed to play a historical enjoyable game with Gunnulf where we do not use cheesey ahistorical silly things like abandoning the south and ETC. This game I will try to keep as historical as possible with suicidal counterattacks, holding the vital farmland and industry of the Ukraine and not permitting retreat unless in the most dire of circumstances!
We agreed not to temp motorize and we are using the 1.02.15 patch before the buffed VVS. Anyways lets begin...

Marshal Kulik flies over the Bialystok pocket in his classy 1920s reconnaissance biplane.
The fascist invader, our former allies, have decided to backstab us in an evil and non-heroic manner.
Over sixty of our finest Red Army units have been encircled. Our glorious VVS, the Red Airforce, has been decimated on the ground by cowardly air attacks!
Will Marshal Kulik break the Bialystok pocket?
Will I be fired from my work from home job because I am ignoring it for WITE2?
Will Gunnulf absolutely smash me?
Find out on the next episode of Clash of Titans.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ToxicThug11 -- 2/17/2022 11:19:23 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Clash of Titans: Gunnulf (Axis) Vs ToxicThug11 (Gri... - 2/15/2022 11:13:42 AM   
ToxicThug11

Turn 1: Minsk and Riga have been captured by the fascist invader. The Southwestern front has been smashed and our finest divisions are in a disorganized rout. We have lost a grand total of 4,138 planes, 1606 pilots and 358,697 men. 2,453 of our glorious AFVs have been destroyed and 7,222 guns destroyed.
The death toll will continue to rise unless Marshal Kulik is able to break the pocket and advance on Berlin.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ToxicThug11)
Post #: 2
RE: Clash of Titans: Gunnulf (Axis) Vs ToxicThug11 (Gri... - 2/16/2022 2:55:58 PM   
ToxicThug11

We will be screening the approaches to Smolensk and Vitebsk. The Northwestern divisions are mostly broken out, which should cause minor headache for the Germans. The Ukrainian front has formed a coherent line of defense.
I plan to organize my air force into three parts, under three different air fronts. Mig front, Lagg front and Yak front, and setting them to their respective altitudes. If someone knows a better way of organizing them let me know. Outdated planes have been set to fly at low altitudes to bait out German operational losses. The Long Range Air Command is set to ground support, and will be used to later bomb railyards if the enemy advances too far towards the Caucasus.
I will attempt to wear down the Luftwaffe in 1941.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 3
RE: Clash of Titans: Gunnulf (Axis) Vs ToxicThug11 (Gri... - 2/16/2022 3:32:06 PM   
Zovs

Lol will you be fired from your work home job is the real question, lol…😆

Beta Tester for:
Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm
War in the East 1 & 2
WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific
Valor & Victory
DG CWIE 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator

Post #: 4
RE: Clash of Titans: Gunnulf (Axis) Vs ToxicThug11 (Gri... - 2/17/2022 10:31:56 PM   
ToxicThug11

The Germans come ever closer to Smolensk, cautiously meeting my screens who make a hasty retreat.
The 25th Mechanized Corps consisting of two Mechanized divisions and two Tank Divisions prepares to meet the German panzers. (Seen in red)
These are extremely dangerous 100 toe formations which have been refitting.

The Germans this turn kill 500,000 men in the Bialystok pocket, however our Northwestern Front mechanized corps slips out! Routing and running through the woods... These divisions each have hundreds trucks and numerous AFVs, which will be put to good use.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ToxicThug11 -- 2/17/2022 10:43:53 PM >

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 5
RE: Clash of Titans: Gunnulf (Axis) Vs ToxicThug11 (Gri... - 2/18/2022 1:02:47 AM   
ToxicThug11

A firm front forms at Leningrad, with our best corps and army leaders. Airborne brigades, naval batallions and NKVD detachments are attached to our Rifle Divisions on the Novgorod Luga Line. Meanwhile, the approaches are screened with our toughest mech corps. At best, we may destroy some German AFVs. At worst, we will buy some time for Leningrad to dig in. Tallinn, the Estonian capital, is ordered to holdout against all odds by Stalin.

Meanwhile, a division escapes the Latvian port and lands at Leningrad, ready to man the defenses of the city! This division held heroically against a German assault on the port and was finally ordered to retreat via ships to Leningrad. Although a symbolic victory, this division is the only to escape the German encirclements in good order! It will hold out in Leningrad until the Germans are thrown back.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ToxicThug11 -- 2/18/2022 1:05:42 AM >

Post #: 6
RE: Clash of Titans: Gunnulf (Axis) Vs ToxicThug11 (Gri... - 2/18/2022 1:57:25 AM   
Lovenought

quote:

ORIGINAL: ToxicThug11

Will I be fired from my work from home job because I am ignoring it for WITE2?

You know, I have been thinking long and hard on this.

Kulik was a part of the Soviet upper class. He had a daughter, and that daughter married a high ranking general. And their children probably married highly as well.

What I am saying is that there is a non-0% chance that there is some post-Soviet oligarch today with Kulik as their great grandfather, who would surely pay highly for a full-time historical rehabilitation-ist. You could solve all your problems at once!

Post #: 7
RE: Clash of Titans: Gunnulf (Axis) Vs ToxicThug11 (Gri... - 2/18/2022 4:11:41 PM   
ToxicThug11

Are you Grigory Kuliks grandson?

(in reply to Lovenought)
Post #: 8
RE: Clash of Titans: Gunnulf (Axis) Vs ToxicThug11 (Gri... - 2/18/2022 5:09:22 PM   
jubjub

quote:

buffed VVS

You misspelled Luftwaffe

Post #: 9
RE: Clash of Titans: Gunnulf (Axis) Vs ToxicThug11 (Gri... - 2/23/2022 8:30:31 AM   
ToxicThug11

T3: After our entire Front takes a harsh beating, men of the 25th Mech Corps surge out from Smolensk to meet the fascist invaders! In what can only be described as a glorious victory for the Soviet Union, the entire panzer division is SMASHED! All AFVs are destroyed or damaged!

https://youtu.be/UQnXBk27XzI?t=40
1152 artillery pieces and 1422 AFVs smash the worthless Fascist invader division. This song made me decide to attack.

Thundering with fire, glinting with steel,
The tanks will begin a harsh campaign!
When we're called to battle by Comrade Stalin,
And the First Marshal will lead us in this battle!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jubjub)
Post #: 10
RE: Clash of Titans: Gunnulf (Axis) Vs ToxicThug11 (Gri... - 2/23/2022 8:46:01 AM   
ToxicThug11

Turn 3 is certainly an interesting one.

Consolidating our army, making sure our tanks get the AFVs they need, making sure the different theater boxes get the material they deserve. Disbanding torn apart tank and mechanized divisions, we make sure there is an overflowing truck supply on turn 1.

First, we start with consolidating all our anti air into the army, which is already taking a toll on the German air force. Next, we ensure all motorcycle regiments are disbanded and integrated into Tank Divisions.

Finally, our air force is ready. The MIG 3 is assigned to the most crucial front (the center), LAGG3s are assigned to Leningrad and all Yak planes are assigned to the Bryansk Front (Currently the Orel MD).

The I-16 and I-153 have been neatly assigned to the south and center (Northwestern, Southwestern and Southern air fronts) where they will fly at low altitudes, which will hopefully cause further operational losses to German planes which attempt to dogfight with our outdated planes.

In this image, you see that the Germans have 3,927 AFVs left. Also note the German 71 losses to Flak. These are very acceptable losses for us and very unacceptable losses for the Germans.

Kulik Marshal of Air, Artillery and Tank

Attachment (1)

Post #: 11
RE: Clash of Titans: Gunnulf (Axis) Vs ToxicThug11 (Gri... - 2/23/2022 9:22:08 AM   
Stamb

of course
another game where Soviets are hunting for a panzers already from a turn 3!
and then some people refuses to believe that this is not ok

Post #: 12
RE: Clash of Titans: Gunnulf (Axis) Vs ToxicThug11 (Gri... - 2/23/2022 9:32:30 AM   
ToxicThug11

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Smolensk_(1941)
It's actually fairly historical but needs more Soviet losses when attacking IMO.

(in reply to Stamb)
Post #: 13
RE: Clash of Titans: Gunnulf (Axis) Vs ToxicThug11 (Gri... - 2/23/2022 9:37:50 AM   
Stamb

It is whole battle of Smolensk, july - september.

And lets look onto losses. 760k for Soviets.

Its not happening in a game. Not even close.

For the whole `41 Soviets, in game, suffer only 2.5-3 mil opposed to 5-6 mil in history.

While IRL only in this battle it was already 760k

Attachment (1)

Post #: 14
RE: Clash of Titans: Gunnulf (Axis) Vs ToxicThug11 (Gri... - 2/23/2022 9:55:34 AM   
Stamb

More over, there should be penalty for over stacking, which leads to additional losses, as discussed here:
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=5149970

and only 3 divisions fit inside that limit, while you are attacking with 8?

(in reply to Stamb)
Post #: 15
RE: Clash of Titans: Gunnulf (Axis) Vs ToxicThug11 (Gri... - 2/23/2022 10:30:34 AM   
Jango32

I should note that the wikipedia article is the Russian historiography for the Battle of Smolensk, which includes forces that fought hundreds of kilometers away from the Smolensk and the Land Bridge area.

(in reply to Stamb)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> After Action Reports >> Clash of Titans: Gunnulf (Axis) Vs ToxicThug11 (Grigory Kulik) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI