Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Issues with Finland

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Tech Support >> Issues with Finland Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Issues with Finland - 2/19/2022 1:48:39 PM   
DarenMoss

I realise that Finland is not yet officially part of the map, but you will see from my post in the Scenario / Map section that I have been looking to introduce a MOD that allows the Finnish Campaign to be playable Head-to-Head as the AI can't cope with the unique nature of that campaign yet. I have however, hit a couple of issues that I would like your help in fixing to allow the MOD to be used properly. These are:

1. Capturing Kandalaksha (185,143) seems to trigger a hidden event which causes Murmansk and the Murmansk region to flip to Axis control the following turn. Is this hard coded as I can't see anything in the events folder which would trigger this?

2. It isn't possible to create Finnish R.A.D or rail units that will conduct auto rail repair - is this also hard-coded? I have got round it by creating German R.A.D detachments and adding them to the Finnish Army HQs and this works for now.

3. Several of the key towns, such as Salla, Titovka and Litsa that were key battle ground during the German Op Silver Fox are missing from the map. It would help with immersion if these could be included in a future update- or I can add myself once the updated editor is released.

4. Several roads / railways are missing from Central/Central North Finland/Russia that will impact movement in any Finnish campaign or even a Winter War mini-scenario. E.g. The rail from Suamussalmi to Kuusamo is currently missing, as are the roads from Russia into Finland around Repola, which were Soviet avenue's of attack in the Winter War.

Hopefully these are relatively minor issues to fix and would be much appreciated until such time as we can buy an official Finland DLC.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Tech Support >> Issues with Finland Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI