Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1.24 Why am I able to attack and damage subs with upgraded BBs and BCs?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Tech Support >> 1.24 Why am I able to attack and damage subs with upgraded BBs and BCs? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1.24 Why am I able to attack and damage subs with upgra... - 2/18/2022 6:13:21 PM   
OxfordGuy3

Score: 0
I was just checking something in hotseat mode and it seems I can attack subs with unupgraded BBs and BCs and cause damage, even though they have 0 sub attack - how is this possible?

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: 1.24 Why am I able to attack and damage subs with u... - 2/18/2022 6:46:33 PM   
Taxman66

Cruisers (including Battle Cruisers) can attack subs, the BB should not be able to.

Looking at the picture, it appears to be a poor attack and would (predicted) do damage to the BC, but not the Sub.

"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

(in reply to OxfordGuy3)
Post #: 2
RE: 1.24 Why am I able to attack and damage subs with u... - 2/18/2022 7:08:08 PM   
OxfordGuy3

Weird, I was pretty sure one of the BC or BB actually damaged the sub. If a cruiser attacks a sub (even at 0 sub attack), does it cause the sub to lose supply? The BB was able to attack the sub, and made it dive. I'm not 100% sure if it damaged it or caused it to loose supply, though.

(in reply to Taxman66)
Post #: 3
RE: 1.24 Why am I able to attack and damage subs with u... - 2/18/2022 8:44:02 PM   
BillRunacre

Score: 2
It is possible due to the dice roll, that might increase or decrease both side's losses from the predicted by 1.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to OxfordGuy3)
Post #: 4
RE: 1.24 Why am I able to attack and damage subs with u... - 2/18/2022 8:57:56 PM   
kirk23

Standard in all Strategic Command combat odds die roll + or - 1

Attachment (1)

Make it so!

(in reply to OxfordGuy3)
Post #: 5
RE: 1.24 Why am I able to attack and damage subs with u... - 2/18/2022 10:29:50 PM   
Bavre

quote:

ORIGINAL: OxfordGuy3

Weird, I was pretty sure one of the BC or BB actually damaged the sub. If a cruiser attacks a sub (even at 0 sub attack), does it cause the sub to lose supply? The BB was able to attack the sub, and made it dive. I'm not 100% sure if it damaged it or caused it to loose supply, though.

Every fight no matter the result reduces supply by one, however damage to a BB for -1 supply on a sub seems a very bad deal. Also a diving sub does not use up supply.

quote:

ORIGINAL: BillRunacre
It is possible due to the dice roll, that might increase or decrease both side's losses from the predicted by 1

Does damage variation also apply if the corresponding stat (including possible upgrades) is 0? Because my fighter attacks on ground units with def 0 vs fighter always have produced reliable 0:0 results. Since this is 100% risk free fighter training I must have done literally hundreds of those as my fighters usually swarm things like garrisons like flies a pile of ...
In contrast a 0 def or attack due to low readiness (but with base stat >0) does seem to get damage variation.

(in reply to OxfordGuy3)
Post #: 6
RE: 1.24 Why am I able to attack and damage subs with u... - 2/19/2022 2:15:41 PM   
BillRunacre

Score: 2
quote:

ORIGINAL: Bavre

Does damage variation also apply if the corresponding stat (including possible upgrades) is 0? Because my fighter attacks on ground units with def 0 vs fighter always have produced reliable 0:0 results. Since this is 100% risk free fighter training I must have done literally hundreds of those as my fighters usually swarm things like garrisons like flies a pile of ...
In contrast a 0 def or attack due to low readiness (but with base stat >0) does seem to get damage variation.

Your experience is correct, as if a unit has a zero defence value against an air attack then the dice roll doesn't adjust the losses.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to Bavre)
Post #: 7
RE: 1.24 Why am I able to attack and damage subs with u... - 2/19/2022 9:59:06 PM   
Bavre

Ah I see, so it's only vs air. Thanks for clearing that up!

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Tech Support >> 1.24 Why am I able to attack and damage subs with upgraded BBs and BCs? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI