Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ideas for a multiplayer milsim campaign.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Vietnam >> Ideas for a multiplayer milsim campaign. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ideas for a multiplayer milsim campaign. - 2/20/2022 4:08:07 AM   
Mohawk21

Hello all first let me say that I am a big fan of this game and what can be done within the game's systems in regards to Vietnam combat. I want to share an idea for a player-run multiplayer milsim campaign which if possible I am highly interested in pursuing the creation of.

The idea would be a to run a multiplayer campaign for CSV in which a series of battles would be linked together either through battles over a large amount of turns or a series of linked scenarios. I'd imagine we could do both. The master maps give a near endless possibilities for campaigns. Such as a DMZ campaign at a brigade or divisional level utilizing the DMZ master map.

The logistics of a project like this would require....

- A campaign discord for communication. Campaign updates, information, photos ect could be in respective channels.
- A simple database for record keeping to facilitate linked scenario creation.

Some ideas I have are...

-Gamemaster(s) will be required to run the campaign's backend logistics. Scenario creation, OOB's, reinforcements and all the other meta factors surrounding the area of operations ect. Obviously I would be able to fulfill this role from the start.
-Chain of Command. Would it be possible for multiple people to command on each side in PBEM? I am assuming it would work the same way as 1v1 in terms of saving and sending. Allowing for it, brigade or larger type operations could entail multiple commanders controlling their elements under a chain of command "roleplay" type of context. This is where the milsim aspect of this project could be delved into.
-For many scenarios I could potentially see a gamemaster fully or partially operate the communist forces think in a DnD type of way. Such as spawning VC in a specific village or urban area and other meta type game dynamics.

Alright well that's the bulk of some of my initial thoughts any feedback/ideas would be great. I know in other wargames such as this campaigns such as this have been done before. However CSV gives a unique opportunity to do this with all the great aspects of a game engine geared towards cold war era combat in Vietnam.

Regards

< Message edited by Mohawk21 -- 2/20/2022 4:25:57 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Ideas for a multiplayer milsim campaign. - 2/20/2022 6:02:52 AM   
Jason Petho

That's a fantastic and ambitious idea, Mohawk.

You're welcome to use the Campaign Series discord for that. Campaign Series Discord

(in reply to Mohawk21)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Vietnam >> Ideas for a multiplayer milsim campaign. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI