Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Excellent Source of Advice for Beginners and Experts

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> The War Room >> Excellent Source of Advice for Beginners and Experts Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Excellent Source of Advice for Beginners and Experts - 12/18/2007 10:11:24 PM   
AresMars

Excellent reading material for game strategy IMHO;

http://www.boardgaming.info/EIA-archive/charts/eia-tips01.html

http://www.boardgaming.info/EIA-archive/charts/eia-tips02.html

Additional information about the boardgame;

http://www.boardgaming.info/EIA-archive/

AresMars
Post #: 1
RE: Excellent Source of Advice for Beginners and Experts - 12/18/2007 10:24:54 PM   
pzgndr

Kevin Zucker's Operational Studies Group website has some good historical summaries available. I met Kevin a couple years ago with his Napoleon at the Crossroads game set up and spent quite a while chatting with him. He is a wealth of information. His historical summaries are worth checking out.

(in reply to AresMars)
Post #: 2
RE: Excellent Source of Advice for Beginners and Experts - 12/19/2007 1:31:13 AM   
fvianello

ahaha.....I think i'll cross post this quote in another thread where Murat and I are defending EiA FOW rules:

quote:

Pay Attention. Use the limited intelligence rules to your advantage. Keep track of the forces involved in all battles. If no one else is maintaining a running record of game events, do so yourself. He who has sole ownership of the game history will find himself in a powerful negotiating position when others suddenly became concerned about the exact strength of a force which has turned and now threatens their capitals.

H. Barca,
Surplus Consuls Dispatcher

(in reply to AresMars)
Post #: 3
RE: Excellent Source of Advice for Beginners and Experts - 1/31/2008 3:32:07 AM   
pzgndr

Wars of Napoleon is a link to the online West Point military history campaign atlas series.

(in reply to fvianello)
Post #: 4
RE: Excellent Source of Advice for Beginners and Experts - 2/20/2022 9:40:18 AM   
Magpius

Somebody had better take down those links in the opening post.
They do not appear to go where they once may have.

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 5
RE: Excellent Source of Advice for Beginners and Experts - 2/20/2022 9:46:39 AM   
Magpius

Many of the earlier links are also broken.
To be expected I guess, after so many years.

(in reply to Magpius)
Post #: 6
RE: Excellent Source of Advice for Beginners and Experts - 2/21/2022 12:16:25 AM   
pzgndr

I cannot recall what EIA 'tips' were on the old EIA Archives site long ago. I'll say that when this Matrix version game was released, the game manual did not include the Player Notes from the original rules. I added those (16.0), as well as the two strategy articles that appeared in The General, "Grand and Grandiose Strategy" (17.0) and "Campaigning in Arms" (18.0). Also, the \Data\docs folder in the game contains the Murat Tutorial and a Combat Tables Reference card to help players. So there's plenty of advice for beginners and experts provided with the game now that wasn't there upon release. Probably more than plenty, if you read and study sections 16-18 in the manual.

Bill
Empires in Arms Development Team

(in reply to Magpius)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> The War Room >> Excellent Source of Advice for Beginners and Experts Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI