Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Pulled truck points are modified by roadsigns? [already solved] plus a small bug

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Pulled truck points are modified by roadsigns? [already solved] plus a small bug Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Pulled truck points are modified by roadsigns? [already... - 2/19/2022 7:41:09 PM   
nscrutable

I have a short road from my capital leading southeast to a nearby recycling center with a single unit guarding it; 100 asset pull points, 5 unit pull points. Since I don't currently have troops in that direction and it's not an arterial highway, I'd like to reduce the truck throughput to the hex's pull value and no more. I tried a -95% road-sign without previewing the log or logistical map -- big mistake! -- and my recycling center only operated at 24% capacity. I tried a few different road-signs while checking my preview log and found that pull points, though "prioritized", are reduced by the same percentage as the "excess" truck points distributed afterwards. This seems wrong.

I understand that if sometimes you really want to block *all* traffic down a road, but there are also scenarios where you only want to let trucks by if they have explicit permission to be there. In real life there are roads like this near military installations, for instance. An additional flag might be helpful... oh. This is what the "Traffic Signs for: Pull Points" at the top does, isn't it. Well, I'm leaving this up for anybody else who might be trying to learn logistics -- there's not an explanation in the manual for this flag, so others may have been confused. I *do* think it would be better to turn this flag off by default.

---

When I attempted to develop a workaround for this issue by setting the traffic sign to "none" so that I can conveniently check the pull points to the southeast in order to then jiggle the road-signs until `pulled_truck_points + extra_truck_points >= pull points`, it only shows 100 pull points, not 105. This seems like a small bug.

p.s. Sorry I didn't include pictures, I'm pretty new to these forums and I'm not yet permitted to do so.

< Message edited by nscrutable -- 2/19/2022 7:43:50 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Pulled truck points are modified by roadsigns? [alr... - 2/19/2022 11:17:55 PM   
zgrssd

Set the trafficsign to:
100% block
Affect Truckpoints, Railpoints but not Pull Points.

You want the pullpoints to draw the minimum nessesary. Rather than wasting logistics on the 50/50 split.

Also note that while Assets need logistics to pass through their hex,they do not cosume any. The same 100 points can keep 10 assets active and still be used by troops or a city.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 2/19/2022 11:21:46 PM >

(in reply to nscrutable)
Post #: 2
RE: Pulled truck points are modified by roadsigns? [alr... - 2/20/2022 12:08:53 PM   
pbi298

The mouseover popup does explain what deselecting Truck, Rail and Pull Points does (i.e toggles whether that category is affected by the settings), but it isn't terribly intuitive.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 3
RE: Pulled truck points are modified by roadsigns? [alr... - 2/20/2022 5:51:12 PM   
nscrutable

quote:

ORIGINAL: zgrssd

Set the trafficsign to:
100% block
Affect Truckpoints, Railpoints but not Pull Points.

You want the pullpoints to draw the minimum nessesary. Rather than wasting logistics on the 50/50 split.

Also note that while Assets need logistics to pass through their hex,they do not cosume any. The same 100 points can keep 10 assets active and still be used by troops or a city.

Ah, so that's the "bug" I saw! 100 asset and 5 unit equates to 100 pull points necessary. Thanks :)

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Pulled truck points are modified by roadsigns? [already solved] plus a small bug Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI