Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Forum upgrade and downtime

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> Forum upgrade and downtime Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Forum upgrade and downtime - 2/21/2022 2:48:44 PM   
Edmon

As many of you are already aware, we have been working hard these past few months on upgrading the Matrix forums to new and improved forum software.

This software is now ready to be made live and we will be switching to the new software on the 22nd of February (tomorrow) at 16:00 GMT.

The upgrade itself will require approximately 2 hours of downtime, with the forums themselves being unavailable until the upgrade has been completed.

You may notice that your private messages are missing when we switch over - do not worry. We will be importing these to the new forum software once the new forums have been made live. It may take us a little bit of time to transfer them over, so please bear with us while migrate the data.

If you have any questions or comments, please drop them here.

We hope everyone is looking forward to the improvements that come with more modern forums.

Edit: Please note that no upgrade ever survives first contact with the sysadmin. Therefore, we need to delay the upgrade for 24 hours while we sort out a few minor deployment details.

Thanks for your patience.

< Message edited by Edmon -- 2/22/2022 3:21:48 PM >

Slitherine Games - Community Manager - Italian Office

Any questions, concerns or comments about our Community Forums or Games? You are always welcome to drop me a PM.
Post #: 1
RE: Forum upgrade and downtime - 2/21/2022 5:22:50 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Edmon

As many of you are already aware, we have been working hard these past few months on upgrading the Matrix forums to new and improved forum software.

This software is now ready to be made live and we will be switching to the new software on the 22nd of February (tomorrow) at 16:00 GMT.

The upgrade itself will require approximately 2 hours of downtime, with the forums themselves being unavailable until the upgrade has been completed.

You may notice that your private messages are missing when we switch over - do not worry. We will be importing these to the new forum software once the new forums have been made live. It may take us a little bit of time to transfer them over, so please bare with us while migrate the data.

If you have any questions or comments, please drop them here.

We hope everyone is looking forward to the improvements that come with more modern forums.

Thanks for the heads-up! I will bare with you as long as there are no pictures of anyone...

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Edmon)
Post #: 2
RE: Forum upgrade and downtime - 2/21/2022 9:51:43 PM   
Edmon

I have fixed my grizzly mistake.

Any questions, concerns or comments about our Community Forums or Games? You are always welcome to drop me a PM.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 3
RE: Forum upgrade and downtime - 2/22/2022 2:31:35 PM   
Elessar2

Oh, Pooh.

(in reply to Edmon)
Post #: 4
RE: Forum upgrade and downtime - 2/22/2022 3:21:30 PM   
Edmon

Edit: Please note that no upgrade ever survives first contact with the sysadmin. Therefore, we need to delay the upgrade for 24 hours while we sort out a few minor deployment details.

Thanks for your patience.

(in reply to Elessar2)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> Forum upgrade and downtime Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI