Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Upcoming patch

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Vietnam >> Tech Support >> Upcoming patch Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Upcoming patch - 2/4/2022 5:38:12 PM   
carll11

Wondering if you can let us know whats coming so we dont post redundant requests or curiosities...

Couple of things I mentioned very briefly but would like to ask/address;

-the digging in probabilities. I played the Dak To 75 turn game, I had several Inf. units digging in for 10 or more turn with no IP forthcoming. My engineers werent exactly better either...

- I had 2 low fuel chopper units make it back to the lz/airbase, with supply units present on the airstrip, they disrupted, but never undisputed over 25 turns.....
Post #: 1
RE: Upcoming patch - 2/4/2022 5:47:38 PM   
Jason Petho

17.1 Vietnam Update Log for 1.10
17.1.1 Errata
• No errata for 1.10
17.1.2 Enhancements
• Improved Highlighting of selected unit in Unit List
• Changed and increased font for numbers in the Unit List
• Implemented Display  Hex Jump for map, scn editors and in game.
• Updated Scrolling Options and Screen Edge default
• Added aircraft ordnance indicators to quickly identify ordnance loads in CAS dialog
• Airstrikes are centered on the map when they arrive
• Added “Ambush” feature where 0 Assault value units will potentially suffer losses or eliminations if attempting to perform an assault
• Implemented Separate Side A and Side B Objective Points displays in Victory dialog
• Implemented ability for selecting unit in the Organization dialog to find a unit on the map
17.1.3 Fixes
• Fixed bug allowing unrestricted helicopter transport load if at LZ.
• Fix bug triggering indiscriminate op-fire directed at Civilians (when in same hex).
• Updated sounds to streamline play
• Removed odd sound files for assaults
• Fixed reconnaissance by assault issue
• Fixed several airstrike issues: where airstrikes never happen, where “authorized denied” airstrikes might mistakenly remove an aircraft from the availability pool; where bogus airstrikes might be assigned; where MultiStrike aircraft might be confined to a single strike
• Fixed issue where sometimes the Toggle Display of Units (hotkey K) would break
• Fixed commando flagged units being unable to scale cliffs
17.1.4 Graphics
• Updated Ontos graphic when moving over full hex bridge.
• Added SA-2 PAVN graphics
• Options  Elevation Delta default changed from 3 to 1
17.1.5 Data
• On-map Gunships revised stats to be direct fire, not indirect fire
• Revised US Army ATG units in mid-60’s with Scorpion
• Added SA-2 to PAVN and associated org files
• Added SA-2 to China and associated org files
• Replaced NVA RPG2 with VC RPG2 where appropriate
• Updated weapon values for M60A3
• Updated unittext with new units above
• Added additional organizations to the US OOB’s at the Brigade, Division, Corps and Army level
17.1.6 Scenarios
• Fixed Map Labels in Bootcamp 4
• Fixed Map Labels in Ap Bac 67
• Adjusted Scripting in Bootcamp 4 to correct messaging error
• Adjusted Scripting in Tu Vu for more variety
• Adjusted Scripting in Giong Dinh for more variety
• Adjusted Scripting for Mao Khe to make VM mine aware
• Adjusted Scripting in Ben Tre Rebellion to correct ferry error
• Added Construction Engineers/Dozers in Into the Hills
• Updated Scripting A Week in Mekong
• Updated Scripting/Scenario A Week in Binh Long
• Adjusted a large number of scenario files to replace NVA with VC RPG2
17.1.7 Mods
• No additional Mods were included with 1.10
17.1.8 Manual
• Added abbreviation list of Map Hints
• Revised Scrolling section of manual

THIS IS NOT COMPLETE NOR IS IT FINAL

< Message edited by Jason Petho -- 2/4/2022 5:52:05 PM >

(in reply to carll11)
Post #: 2
RE: Upcoming patch - 2/4/2022 5:47:59 PM   
devoncop

Hi Carl

For normal units I think the digging in probability is very low, maybe 10% or so which even over 10 turns is no guarantee they will dig in. I have not found digging in to be broken personally.

The disruption issue seems odd to me and does seem peculiar.

"I do not agree with what you say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it"

(in reply to carll11)
Post #: 3
RE: Upcoming patch - 2/4/2022 6:13:16 PM   
carll11

Thx Dev, yes I am aware of the 10% probability, imho, that low, I have been playing these series of games well, since the beginning and it just seems that here in CS Vietnam, its slooooww...

(in reply to devoncop)
Post #: 4
RE: Upcoming patch - 2/4/2022 6:13:32 PM   
carll11

and thank you jason!

(in reply to devoncop)
Post #: 5
RE: Upcoming patch - 2/4/2022 7:14:11 PM   
carll11

Can we kick around an idea? We dug versions of half foxholes/trenches on an almost daily basis, so I think the IP Def. value should reflect that by not being as high as a true trench, but not just an IP either. My 2 cents.

(in reply to carll11)
Post #: 6
RE: Upcoming patch - 2/4/2022 7:38:48 PM   
carll11

Ooops one more , maybe a question- when I exit the game, the play scenario/edit scenario splash screen comes up about 2 minutes later all on its own....

< Message edited by carll11 -- 2/4/2022 7:43:48 PM >

(in reply to carll11)
Post #: 7
RE: Upcoming patch - 2/4/2022 7:58:30 PM   
berto

Timing the Victory/Defeat/Draw videos/JPGs is tricky. The game engine launches a separate Windows WMPlayer.exe process. Although we would like the videos/JPGs to show immediately, Windows might have its own ideas about scheduling. (That is, the independent WMPlayer session might show in its own good time for its own good reasons.) Also, with the WMPlayer session untethered from the game engine, during any possible delay, you might do something else with the game engine, including quitting the game entirely.

Earlier version of CS had an embedded video playback facility, but it was ancient technology, now broken (and we believe unsupported).

In short, the video playback can be a bit flakey. If it gets to be too irksome, you have the option to disable video playback entirely, as described in the Tech Support FAQ:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=5131051

But we think you should stick with it, despite the occasional glitches. The videos/JPGs really add to the immersion.

Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

(in reply to carll11)
Post #: 8
RE: Upcoming patch - 2/5/2022 4:49:29 AM   
Crossroads

With Adaptive AI toggled ON as an optional rule, there's a parameter for Dig-in probability too, #103 Dig_prob. For most nations it is at 30 to 35% so IPs should become available sooner than without AAI in place,.

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 9
RE: Upcoming patch - 2/5/2022 1:26:11 PM   
carll11

THX CR, I have been playing with the adaptive on....

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 10
RE: Upcoming patch - 2/5/2022 5:19:05 PM   
carll11

A request kind sirs;

If you select units, then go to the Jump map, then select a hex in the jump map as a destination, then turn off the jump map, the units become unselected, it would be great if they stayed selected, especially moving long distance with Helos etc..

(in reply to carll11)
Post #: 11
RE: Upcoming patch - 2/5/2022 6:02:06 PM   
berto

Short of our implementing that, you might get in the habit of hitting the '9' hotkey, to max zoom out. That is what I typically do for long distance helo hops.

Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

(in reply to carll11)
Post #: 12
RE: Upcoming patch - 2/5/2022 6:47:52 PM   
berto

Some new UI features and improvements in the forthcoming CSVN v1.10.

• In the Unit List, enlarged the font showing unit values (Strength, Action, etc.).
  • In the Unit List, depicted selected units in clearer fashion (by tweaking colors and brightness).

In the screenshot, see the Unit List at the left side. Note how, for the unselected units, the "unit ring" is darkened. Note also the brightened border around the selected unit (the second one in the list).

• In the game engine Organization Dialog, selecting a unit (if present) will jump the map to that unit's hex, also select the unit (in the Unit List). (Unavailable in the scen editor.)

(Magenta highlights.) In the Organization Dialog, the 3rd/A 2nd Platoon, trackid 323[321] is highlighted. Note how the map has jumped to centering on that unit's hex, 26,33. Note also how it is highlighted in the Unit List.

(Unfortunately, the game engine Organization Dialog being a so-called "modal dialog", you cannot keep it open while interacting with the rest of the game. So these unit jumps/selects are a one-at-a-time deal. We hope to enable a "modeless dialog" here in some future release.)

• With the Organization Highlight toggled ON, Prev/Next will cycle through the selected unit's company. (Not available for HQs and Leaders, and organizations higher than company.)

Not shown. This will be very handy when directing forces at the company level (only). (We hope to implement higher org level Prev/Next in some future release.)

• Implemented Display > Hex Jump. (Turquoise highlight.) In the game engine, also in the scen and map editors.

How did we ever do without this?

• Implemented Display > TrackID Jump. (Yellow highlight.) In the game engine only. (Unavailable in the scen editor.)

Ditto. So convenient!

• For some of the larger dialogs (e.g., the Organization Dialog, Opportunity Fire Dialog, etc.), implemented dialog window minimize, maximize, and restore.

Consider the very large Opportunity Fire Dialog, which when showing obscures almost the entire map. With this new feature, you will be able to minimize the dialog, set it aside momentarily, if you need to refer to the map. (Red highlights, in the upper right and lower left corners.) Not applied to all dialogs, just the large ones.

Not the end of the story, these UI improvements. We will see about implementing others in future. But for now, we think these are great. We hope you will agree.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to berto)
  • Post #: 13
    RE: Upcoming patch - 2/5/2022 7:34:27 PM   
    carll11

quote:

ORIGINAL: berto

Short of our implementing that, you might get in the habit of hitting the '9' hotkey, to max zoom out. That is what I typically do for long distance helo hops.

Roger that, have been doing so.....just seems easier*shrugs*

(in reply to berto)
    Post #: 14
    RE: Upcoming patch - 2/5/2022 7:39:04 PM   
    carll11

That looks great Berto, absolutely a big help.

On a similar note, as I had an exchange with jason on this, the UL highlights as the are now dont seem to sync well for me, I have units in a hex highlighted as 'activated' yet the UL wont show them highlighted or 'activated' to move etc..

(in reply to carll11)
    Post #: 15
    RE: Upcoming patch - 2/5/2022 9:07:09 PM   
    alwaysdime

Any update when wee can expect the patch?

(in reply to carll11)
    Post #: 16
    RE: Upcoming patch - 2/5/2022 9:19:52 PM   
    Jason Petho

The 1.10 UPDATE should be ready in a couple weeks.

(in reply to alwaysdime)
    Post #: 17
    RE: Upcoming patch - 2/9/2022 8:00:12 PM   
    Major SNAFU_M

quote:

ORIGINAL: carll11

Can we kick around an idea? We dug versions of half foxholes/trenches on an almost daily basis, so I think the IP Def. value should reflect that by not being as high as a true trench, but not just an IP either. My 2 cents.

If not out of place, I would like to chime in on this: If the engine allows, it would seem reasonable to me that each uninterrupted/un-distrupted turn a unit spend digging in should result in an accumulating bonus to the chance up to some maximum percentage.

"Popular Opinion? What I suggest you do with 'Popular Opinion' is biologically impossible and morally questionable." -

"One ping to find them all,
    One ping to link them;
    One ping to promote them all,
    and in the darkness sink them"

(in reply to carll11)
    Post #: 18
    RE: Upcoming patch - 2/20/2022 12:23:48 PM   
    animaluk

Hi guys love this game when will new patch be released please hoping soon off work with both arms broken at the elbow so have a bit of free time cheers

(in reply to Major SNAFU_M)
    Post #: 19
    RE: Upcoming patch - 2/20/2022 3:55:38 PM   
    Jason Petho

We will be handing off early next week, so it should release late next week or early the following week.

(in reply to animaluk)
    Post #: 20
    RE: Upcoming patch - 2/22/2022 5:40:27 AM   
    devoncop

Can I just check Jason, will the patch be save game compatible with my ongoing PBEM games ?

Cheers

Ian

"I do not agree with what you say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it"

(in reply to Jason Petho)
    Post #: 21
    RE: Upcoming patch - 2/22/2022 2:15:47 PM   
    berto

I have scanned the v1.10 change log. I don't see anything on the list that would be incompatible with ongoing games. Not to say there is no risk -- you never really know, be sure to make backups -- but you should be okay.

(in reply to devoncop)
    Post #: 22
    RE: Upcoming patch - 2/22/2022 2:41:31 PM   
    berto

The internal Dev Team v1.10 change log (not quite the same as the v1.10 Manual Update Log), EXE changes only (data changes not listed here):

• Implemented Options > Center on Action, for automatically recentering the map at the current action hot spot.
  • The game engine newly centers the map on airstrike hexes (whether or not Center on Action is selected).
  • In the game engine Organization Dialog, selecting a unit (if present) will jump the map to that unit's hex, also select the unit (in the Unit List).
  • Implemented Display > Hex Jump. (In the game engine, also in the scen and map editors.)
  • Implemented Display > TrackID Jump. (In the game engine, also in the scen editor.)
  • With the Organization Highlight toggled ON, Prev/Next will cycle through the selected unit's company. (Not available for HQs and Leaders, and organizations higher than company.)
  • Implemented separate Side A and Side B Objective Points displays in the Victory Dialog.
  • For recon by assault with 0 Assault units, implemented a new "Ambush!" feature to deter its use.
  • Added aircraft ordnance indicators in the top-level CAS dialog.
  • With low visibility (for example, at night), helos fly at NOE not so far or as fast.
  • Implemented Help > Unit Handbook (Passenger) (hotkey Alt+F2).
  • In the scen editor, implemented Higher Organization Highlight (with the Ctrl key pressed).
  • In PBEM replay: if Enhanced Reporting is toggled OFF, Damage Reports will show but with full details, without FOW; while if Enhanced Reporting is toggled ON, no Damage Reports at all will show; while in both cases, you can still see the full on-screen action.
  • In between turns (for instance, at the conclusion of a PBEM turn), units will not show in the HexInfo Box.
  • Under any circumstances, the AI should never friendly fire same-side units.
  • When direct firing a hex with hidden units, the Damage Results dialog will no longer display the tell-tale "Unknown effects vs. unknown units" (thereby hinting at the presence of those enemy units).
  • In case of indirect fire or aircraft direct fire, underground units were maybe impacted. This has been circumvented.
  • In the Unit List, enlarged the font showing unit values (Strength, Action, etc.).
  • In the Unit List, depicted selected units in clearer fashion (by tweaking colors and brightness).
  • For some of the larger dialogs (e.g., the Organization Dialog, Opportunity Fire Dialog, etc.), implemented dialog window minimize, maximize, and restore.
  • The game engine EXE newly defaults to Screen Edge Scrolling (was Scroll Bar Scrolling).
  • In the game engine, Options > Elevation Delta newly defaults to 1 (was 3).
  • Fixed several other airstrike issues: where airstrikes might never happen; where "authorization denied" might mistakenly remove an aircraft from the availability pool; where bogus airstrikes might be assigned; where MultiStrike aircraft might effectively be confined to a single airstrike.
  • Fixed a bug where starting a PBEM game with Side B as the first side was effectively blocked.
  • Fixed a bug where, in PBEM replay, in some circumstances you might be able to see all units for both sides (i.e., no FOW).
  • Fixed another FOW unit reveal bug.
  • Fixed a bug allowing unrestricted helo transport Load, if at LZ.
  • Fixed a bug triggering indiscriminate opfire directed at Civilians (e.g., if a combat unit shares the same hex with enemy Civilians).
  • Fixed several unit movement display artifacts.
  • Fixed the issue where sometimes the Toggle Display of Units (hotkey K) functionality would break.
  • Fixed the bug where commando units were unable to scale cliffs.
  • Fixed a bug involving loaded transports loading onto other (empty) transports. Henceforth, such an action is prohibited.
  • Fixed a movement cost bug.
  • For very lengthy scenarios with many turns and varying visibilities, fixed some possible text overruns in the Scenario Information dialog.
  • Fixed other minor bugs, and made other minor code improvements.

(in reply to berto)
  • Post #: 23
    RE: Upcoming patch - 2/22/2022 4:02:47 PM   
    devoncop

quote:

ORIGINAL: berto

I have scanned the v1.10 change log. I don't see anything on the list that would be incompatible with ongoing games. Not to say there is no risk -- you never really know, be sure to make backups -- but you should be okay.

Good to know (as Jason would say😉)

Thanks Berto.

(in reply to berto)
    Post #: 24
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Vietnam >> Tech Support >> Upcoming patch Page: [1]
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI