Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Effectiveness Recovery Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> Effectiveness Recovery Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Effectiveness Recovery Question - 2/22/2022 6:46:28 AM   
canuckgamer

I have an American heavy bomber that has been in a 9 supply hex in North Africa within 5 hexes of an American HQ for two turns and it only recovered 1% effectiveness each turn. It indicates that it is in port supply if that is a factor. It was at 46% effectiveness and now is 48%. Using two turns ago I thought it would recover:

6% + 18% + 4% = 28%

(1-48%) X .28 = 25%.

What am I missing or misunderstanding?
Post #: 1
RE: Effectiveness Recovery Question - 2/22/2022 7:11:52 AM   
CHINCHIN

The supply that is taken from ports is limited, each port point supplies 20 force points, if you have more force points than port supply points, several of your units will only receive basic supply, and only recover 3% of its effectiveness.

My native language is Spanish, and no English language mastery, sorry.

(in reply to canuckgamer)
Post #: 2
RE: Effectiveness Recovery Question - 2/22/2022 10:28:43 AM   
stjeand

AND a bigger issue...air never tells you it is in basic supply.

That has caught me quite a few times in the past.

(in reply to CHINCHIN)
Post #: 3
RE: Effectiveness Recovery Question - 2/22/2022 1:04:22 PM   
Nirosi

Hi Canukgammer,

Yes if the unit is in basic supply it only get a flat 4% (3?). Also, I do not believe that HQs give the extra 4% to aircrafts (although they might still affect the terrain value), but it might have been changed?

Also, assuming HQ do affect aircrafts, the formula would work this way (1-0.48)x.28 = 9% for you air unit. In other word 48% readiness is translated in the formula as 0.48 (not 48) to make it a %. What in practice it means is that the max theoretical recovery of 34% mentioned in the manual would be for a unit starting at 0% readiness. And then it would be inversely proportional from there (so ~26% recovery at 25% readiness; 17% at 50% readiness; and ~9% at 75% readiness).

However in basic supply the number after the the parenthesis is replaced by a flat 4% (or 3?), so in you case it would mean a recovery about 2% (half of the basic 4% since you are at half readiness). If the aircraft was already at 75% readiness (and basic supply), it would then only get 1% recovery. The more disorganized you are, the more you gain and vice-versa.

There might also be a small (up to 2% logistic bonus), but it might not apply when in basic supply.

Hope it helps,

(in reply to stjeand)
Post #: 4
RE: Effectiveness Recovery Question - 2/22/2022 1:28:45 PM   
redrum68

Pretty sure HQs do NOT impact aircrafts. But as others have said, you are almost definitely over the port supply limit (hover over ports to check how much is being used) so in basic supply where you will only get a few percent increase per turn.

(in reply to Nirosi)
Post #: 5
RE: Effectiveness Recovery Question - 2/22/2022 5:04:18 PM   
canuckgamer

The manual does not say that air units are not eligible for the HQ bonus and I also wasn't aware that there is no indication when an air unit is only in basic supply. I have never posted as many comments for any game as I have for WP and WPP and have learned as much from replies to my comments as I have from the manual, playing the game and hotseat testing so thank you to everyone for their replies.

I am going to fly the bomber to Gibraltar where I assume it will recover effectiveness quicker.

(in reply to redrum68)
Post #: 6
RE: Effectiveness Recovery Question - 2/22/2022 5:41:06 PM   
stjeand

quote:

I am going to fly the bomber to Gibraltar where I assume it will recover effectiveness quicker.

Bingo...

Normally I have to fly most of my Allied planes out of Africa to regain.
Also better to move via navy if you can...they do not loose efficiency moving that way if same turn.

(in reply to canuckgamer)
Post #: 7
RE: Effectiveness Recovery Question - 2/22/2022 5:48:04 PM   
redrum68

quote:

Also better to move via navy if you can...they do not loose efficiency moving that way if same turn.

Yep, which IMO is something that should be changed.

(in reply to stjeand)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> Effectiveness Recovery Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI