Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Odd Combat Result

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Tech Support >> RE: Odd Combat Result Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Odd Combat Result - 2/22/2022 8:01:45 PM   
K62

quote:

ORIGINAL: ImperatorAugustus

I mean even then thats just not the case for the Axis it seems. I obtained a much more effective result without shuffling around the limited Axis heavy guns. Sure the casualties are a bit higher on my end by percentage, but honestly irrelevant compared to properly kneecapping a corp.

If you want to properly kneecap the Russians you need to bring in a motorized division, Stugs and Pioneers too.

Attachment (1)

"Power always thinks it has a great soul and vast views beyond the comprehension of the weak"
John Adams

(in reply to ImperatorAugustus)
Post #: 31
RE: Odd Combat Result - 2/22/2022 8:17:17 PM   
ImperatorAugustus

Again you can scroll up and this has already been out performed. Artillery is directly reducing the killing of Soviets.

(in reply to K62)
Post #: 32
RE: Odd Combat Result - 2/22/2022 8:28:26 PM   
K62

quote:

ORIGINAL: ImperatorAugustus

Again you can scroll up and this has already been out performed. Artillery is directly reducing the killing of Soviets.

No, no, this is not right at all. Read the manual again, disrupted elements can be hit again and become damaged and/or destroyed. In the meanwhile they don't fire at you and disrupt your own elements.

But my point was: you can't just make them retreat, you need to rout them. If you read Loki's excellent AAR you can find more examples of how to do this as well as other effective German tactics for '43 and beyond.

"Power always thinks it has a great soul and vast views beyond the comprehension of the weak"
John Adams

Post #: 33
RE: Odd Combat Result - 2/22/2022 8:32:31 PM   
ImperatorAugustus

Attachment (1)

(in reply to K62)
Post #: 34
RE: Odd Combat Result - 2/22/2022 8:43:50 PM   
K62

Yes, I saw that image, I don't know if you saw mine.

Attachment (1)

John Adams

Post #: 35
RE: Odd Combat Result - 2/22/2022 8:45:51 PM   
ImperatorAugustus

And look at the casualties. I inflicted far more casualties with less artillery on a retreat.

< Message edited by ImperatorAugustus -- 2/22/2022 8:46:05 PM >

(in reply to K62)
Post #: 36
RE: Odd Combat Result - 2/22/2022 8:50:43 PM   
ImperatorAugustus

Attachment (1)

Post #: 37
RE: Odd Combat Result - 2/22/2022 8:53:28 PM   
ImperatorAugustus

Maybe its possible the artillery is sucking up all the ammo idk.

Post #: 38
RE: Odd Combat Result - 2/22/2022 9:05:21 PM   
ImperatorAugustus

Stacking also is not working as described

Which is probably because the essential elements are being margenalized. Like the number of tigers in my 3vs9 div attacks doesnt change, so they are firing less.

Though idk

Post #: 39
RE: Odd Combat Result - 2/23/2022 1:57:03 AM   
Joel Billings

Here's my first take after viewing your screenshots and running several tests with the save (thanks for including the save). In this case, having infantry in the battle is counter-productive. As pointed out there is a high density penalty, so adding more men can just cause more losses. Although it can increase the chance of taking a hex, in this case it's unnecessary. The big increase in Soviet losses comes from extra retreat attrition which comes from a multi-hex retreat (or can come from a rout). If you only get a 1 hex retreat, the losses are much reduced. The infantry rich environment when including in infantry increases the German losses in this battle, and does seem to reduce the distance of the retreat. Another variable is the reserve tank corps which increases German losses whenever it comes into the battle (even though it has very few tanks, its other elements are in good shape). It appears this weak rifle corps is ripe for a Panzer overrun, but attacked by a larger infantry heavy force just lets it delay and get away in better shape. Waiting to coordinate a larger force has it's disadvantages. Not sure if the percentage of attacking forces that is motorized has an impact on the size of the retreat and/or the retreat losses. I remember discussing this years ago with Gary, but he doesn't remember that being a factor.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Stamb)
Post #: 40
RE: Odd Combat Result - 2/23/2022 3:56:27 AM   
ImperatorAugustus

Okay. Well why are my retreats doing far more damage than his routes. This seems backwards.

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 41
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Tech Support >> RE: Odd Combat Result Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI