Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WEGO World War II: Stalingrad is coming soon

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Coming Soon] >> WEGO World War II: Stalingrad >> RE: WEGO World War II: Stalingrad is coming soon Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WEGO World War II: Stalingrad is coming soon - 12/21/2021 11:21:30 AM   
scsfan

it's great to see sequel after desert war!
I was hoping the UI design could use unit ID as the main display (or change the current display place of the strength and unit ID), that showing the regiment/ battalion ID on unit counter.
I like the unit counter display method from old V4V tiles and the Command Ops tiles, which showing unit ID on unit counter. This really offer a new layer of immersion of game play, in real life, there will be mainly unit ID on the map.
I used to really enjoy going through my OOB to check each unit and to learn the strength and weakness of my force in V4V games, it reinforce the feeling that, a unit counter it's not just a generic piece of "war chess" but representing a real combat unit with its own background and story, it gives a personal touch to wining a battle or losing a unit, eg, more satisfactory to see "my" recon battalion, 2nd Panzer Division (unit counter showing 2-2Pz) is spearheading the advance, or "my" battalions of 506th (I-506, II-506 and III-506) are holding the line!
thanks for considering this point please, Which could make this game more fun!
and thanks for your great work!

(in reply to jjdenver)
Post #: 31
RE: WEGO World War II: Stalingrad is coming soon - 12/21/2021 3:43:18 PM   
Saint Ruth

quote:

ORIGINAL: jjdenver

Looks interesting subject/topic but 2 comments (basically complaints):
1) I was hoping we'd get smaller stacks. I don't think it's fun to play games with stacks of 5+ units to click through and try to keep track of

While you can have many units in a hex, the stacking density is a lot lower. 3 Battalions counters can be combined into 1 Regiment counter. In general, there's more space and fewer counters in the scenarios.
quote:

ORIGINAL: jjdenver
2) I'd like to see a bigger scope than the assault to take Stalingrad. I'd like to see the earlier battle of kharkov, the push into caucasus, soviet counter-offensive, wintergeweiter (sp?) included in the campaign.

Even an optional "what if" or 2 that adds a few more panzers to the relief or something like that would be really interesting.

ty for considering these points.

Well, it's a lot bigger than just the city assault, it's the entire offensive from July to the city.
This game is however, only the German attack (and the minor soviet counter-attacks that happened during that period), which is a huge scope.
Hopefully, we'll do an ad-on with the Soviet Uranus counter-offensive soon after.

Cheers,
Brian

(in reply to jjdenver)
Post #: 32
RE: WEGO World War II: Stalingrad is coming soon - 12/21/2021 3:59:06 PM   
Saint Ruth

quote:

ORIGINAL: scsfan

it's great to see sequel after desert war!
I was hoping the UI design could use unit ID as the main display (or change the current display place of the strength and unit ID), that showing the regiment/ battalion ID on unit counter.
I like the unit counter display method from old V4V tiles and the Command Ops tiles, which showing unit ID on unit counter. This really offer a new layer of immersion of game play, in real life, there will be mainly unit ID on the map.
I used to really enjoy going through my OOB to check each unit and to learn the strength and weakness of my force in V4V games, it reinforce the feeling that, a unit counter it's not just a generic piece of "war chess" but representing a real combat unit with its own background and story, it gives a personal touch to wining a battle or losing a unit, eg, more satisfactory to see "my" recon battalion, 2nd Panzer Division (unit counter showing 2-2Pz) is spearheading the advance, or "my" battalions of 506th (I-506, II-506 and III-506) are holding the line!
thanks for considering this point please, Which could make this game more fun!
and thanks for your great work!

Yes, I know what you mean. They do appear on the right hand pane, but I suppose the attack/def/move values are more important. But I agree, sometimes it's hard to see what's in what regiment when all the units have (say) 14 PzD on the counter.
Anyway, thanks for the feedback!
/Brian

(in reply to scsfan)
Post #: 33
RE: WEGO World War II: Stalingrad is coming soon - 2/19/2022 11:01:40 AM   
Tom_

Hi,

I wondered if it was possible to get an update? - Perhaps something on a game mechanic or how progress is coming along?
Is a spring 2022 release still on the cards?

Thanks

(in reply to Saint Ruth)
Post #: 34
RE: WEGO World War II: Stalingrad is coming soon - 2/19/2022 12:26:48 PM   
ham17

If this game is commercially successful, could it lead to the development and release of games for other fronts in the WEGO system?
For example, Italian Front or Monte Cassino. These are completely my own personal preferences, though.

(in reply to Edmon)
Post #: 35
RE: WEGO World War II: Stalingrad is coming soon - 2/19/2022 11:49:17 PM   
Deathtreader

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom_

Hi,

I wondered if it was possible to get an update? - Perhaps something on a game mechanic or how progress is coming along?
Is a spring 2022 release still on the cards?

Thanks

I agree..........something would be appreciated.

Rob.

So we're at war with the Russkies eh?? I suppose we really ought to invade or something. (Lonnnng pause while studying the map)
Hmmmm... big place ain't it??
- Sir Harry Flashman (1854)

(in reply to Tom_)
Post #: 36
RE: WEGO World War II: Stalingrad is coming soon - 2/22/2022 7:53:41 PM   
governato

Here is a screen shot from a recent release to us Beta testers, and a few teasers.

- there will be a lot of individual scenarios of different size/complexity and some linked together as a different campaigns
- each scenario is playable vs human (PBEM or hotseat) and/or AI
- a few good UI changes are being added and no major bugs have been found recently.
- The designers feel they are on track (but it's not up to me to say when etc etc)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Deathtreader)
Post #: 37
RE: WEGO World War II: Stalingrad is coming soon - 2/22/2022 8:02:46 PM   
governato

There will be the option to redeploy your units at the start of each scenario.

UI buttons shown, but they can be hidden during play.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to governato)
Post #: 38
RE: WEGO World War II: Stalingrad is coming soon - 2/22/2022 8:43:16 PM   
Saint Ruth

quote:

ORIGINAL: ham17

If this game is commercially successful, could it lead to the development and release of games for other fronts in the WEGO system?
For example, Italian Front or Monte Cassino. These are completely my own personal preferences, though.

Sure, that's the plan! Though which front, who knows?

There will be an update soon!

(in reply to ham17)
Post #: 39
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Coming Soon] >> WEGO World War II: Stalingrad >> RE: WEGO World War II: Stalingrad is coming soon Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI